Author Topic: Nikki Haley blocks UN statement on Gaza violence, walks out on Palestinian envoy  (Read 2046 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Are you serious?  You really believe after all these 'peace processess' over the decades this hurts an agreement?

The only agreement that will bring peace there is the gun to the head that symbolizes strength over just talking.

Kerry and Albright are the perfect pitchmen for talking peace and getting no results.  Haley is the opposite: peace through strength.

The U.N. these days is a collection of despots and terrorist supporting thugs.  Why we still give them the time of day or allow their headquarters in our country is beyond me.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
What it takes to deal with the cockroach mentality of these types and all the little in-the-dark reindeer games these guys play, is a direct confrontation to call them on the carpet and expose them.

That's what we haven't done for way too long, and the Palestinians are one of the worst offenders. Playing little diplomatic maneuvers and intrigue get you nowhere with them.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Just_Victor

Are you serious?  You really believe after all these 'peace processess' over the decades this hurts an agreement?

The only agreement that will bring peace there is the gun to the head that symbolizes strength over just talking.

Kerry and Albright are the perfect pitchmen for talking peace and getting no results.  Haley is the opposite: peace through strength.

The "peace process" is all process and no peace.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
What it takes to deal with the cockroach mentality of these types and all the little in-the-dark reindeer games these guys play, is a direct confrontation to call them on the carpet and expose them.

That's what we haven't done for way too long, and the Palestinians are one of the worst offenders. Playing little diplomatic maneuvers and intrigue get you nowhere with them.

I don't think there is a chance for real peace in the Middle East.  Those people will never abide by it.  But I do appreciate Nikki standing up for truth, justice and the American way.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I don't think there is a chance for real peace in the Middle East.  Those people will never abide by it.  But I do appreciate Nikki standing up for truth, justice and the American way.

I agree, the only thing they seem to understand is the fist, the baton, the rifle, and the bomb. All you can do is let them know that retribution will be swift and heavy if they get out of line.
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

For so long as those Mullahs are in control of the Iranian government for sure there isn't!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
@Right_in_Virginia, I agree with you, but for a different reason.  In order for President Trump to be an "honest broker" of the peace, he would need to carve out a compromise so both sides can declare some measure of victory. 

The President missed a huge opportunity in moving the US Embassy to Jerusalem.  He was giving the Israelis something they have wanted for 70 years.  And in exchange, he asked for nothing.  He could have asked for assurances about the West Bank, the dismantling of settlements, and a halt to new construction.  That would have been trivial for the Israeli government and given the Palestinians something to support.  This would have been the easiest win-win ever.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@Right_in_Virginia, I agree with you, but for a different reason.  In order for President Trump to be an "honest broker" of the peace, he would need to carve out a compromise so both sides can declare some measure of victory. 

The President missed a huge opportunity in moving the US Embassy to Jerusalem.  He was giving the Israelis something they have wanted for 70 years.  And in exchange, he asked for nothing.  He could have asked for assurances about the West Bank, the dismantling of settlements, and a halt to new construction.  That would have been trivial for the Israeli government and given the Palestinians something to support.  This would have been the easiest win-win ever.

You couldn't be more wrong on this if you tried.

The two state solution in any way shape or form is the FINAL solution as far as the survival of Israel is concerned.

Read up in U.N. Resution 181.

The "Palestinians" had their chance to have their own Homeland and they blew it in favor of bloodlust and radical religious hatred.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline LauraTXNM

You couldn't be more wrong on this if you tried.

The two state solution in any way shape or form is the FINAL solution as far as the survival of Israel is concerned.

Read up in U.N. Resution 181.

The "Palestinians" had their chance to have their own Homeland and they blew it in favor of bloodlust and radical religious hatred.

@txradioguy  Focusing on a failed initiative from two generations ago, ignores facts on the ground today.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline GrouchoTex

@txradioguy  Focusing on a failed initiative from two generations ago, ignores facts on the ground today.
The facts on the ground today show that 50 of the 62 killed yesterday were Hamas.
Nothings changed, just the names.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Those that don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Clearly you need to study it a little more.

The "facts on the ground" are a DIRECT result of decisions made in 1947.

Arafat was offered everything the Palestinian Authority demands now and he walked away from the agreement.

Hamas and Hezbollah have it as part of their charter the destruction Israel.   

They run the PA.

If you have a person telling you they are going to come in your house and murder you...would you open the door?

That's exactly what you're suggesting for Israel.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

That assumes that both sides are fairly equivalent in their positions, but the truth is that that is rarely the case.  Almost always, one side is more wrong than the other.  Sometimes, "a measure of victory" is being allowed to continue existing.

Well, of course the Israelis wanted it - Jerusalem IS their capital.  We don't get to dictate to sovereign nations what their capital is.  It was the right and reasonable thing to do.  And, no, not doing that has not and would not change the behavior of the "Palestinians".  The Palestinians exist to work against Israel.  They could have been absorbed into the other Arab nations that they came from, but they are there specifically to be a thorn and threat to Israel. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Those that don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Clearly you need to study it a little more.

The "facts on the ground" are a DIRECT result of decisions made in 1947.

Arafat was offered everything the Palestinian Authority demands now and he walked away from the agreement.

Hamas and Hezbollah have it as part of their charter the destruction Israel.   

They run the PA.

If you have a person telling you they are going to come in your house and murder you...would you open the door?

That's exactly what you're suggesting for Israel.

@txradioguy   I agree with you on this one.  You can negotiate with some people and other people have proved over and over that you cannot negotiate with them.  It is futile to try.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@txradioguy   I agree with you on this one.  You can negotiate with some people and other people have proved over and over that you cannot negotiate with them.  It is futile to try.

@Emjay  :beer:

It's hard to strike a deal when it one side is wiing to negotiate.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Emjay  :beer:

It's hard to strike a deal when it one side is wiing to negotiate.

And also if the other side has proven over and over they cannot be trusted even if they do strike a deal.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I you want to ellect the first two X chromosomes as Pressident... I'll take the Nikki over that commie light skinned pinko Karmellow Harris.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Wow, a real losing position you recommend.

There is zero history of any of what you wish to happen being accepted by a group who does not wish an end result of peace, just the elimination of the Jewish state.

Past presidents have attempted what you wish to do, ie - giving up land or actions, only to be spit on by the Pals.  How did the giving up of the Gaza strip to the Pals wind up for Israel anyway?  Good example to use right there of what not to do again in the name of 'peace'.

The ONLY thing Pals understand is force, and we have a President thank God that will use that in a drive to obtain peaceful resolution, that force being a will to force actionable events like the extremely reasonable move of an embassy to the capital of a country, and the dilution of Arab monies toward Palestinians by limiting the piggy bank of their supporters by encouragement of US's lessened dependence upon Arab oil, and the embrace of those opposed to Iran's preoccupation with domination of the ME.  Not to mention contributions by the US to Pals to use for terrorism.

A fantasy world exists for those who think we can come close to some 'peaceful resolution'.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 11:37:39 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

There is zero history of any of what you wish to happen being accepted by a group who does not wish an end result of peace, just the elimination of the Jewish state.

Past presidents have attempted what you wish to do, ie - giving up land or actions, only to be spit on by the Pals.  How did the giving up of the Gaza strip to the Pals wind up for Israel anyway?  Good example to use right there of what not to do again in the name of 'peace'.

The ONLY thing Pals understand is force, and we have a President thank God that will use that in a drive to obtain peaceful resolution, that force being a will to force actionable events like the extremely reasonable move of an embassy to the capital of a country, and the dilution of Arab monies toward Palestinians by limiting the piggy bank of their supporters by encouragement of US's lessened dependence upon Arab oil, and the embrace of those opposed to Iran's preoccupation with domination of the ME.  Not to mention contributions by the US to Pals to use for terrorism.

A fantasy world exists for those who think we can come close to some 'peaceful resolution'.

It seems that we have a good number of Middle East experts here who know a lot of stuff that is completely wrong.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
And also if the other side has proven over and over they cannot be trusted even if they do strike a deal.

Exactly

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

QFT

Offline dfwgator

Well, of course the Israelis wanted it - Jerusalem IS their capital.  We don't get to dictate to sovereign nations what their capital is. 

Exactly!  The people upset about this are basically admitting that they don't believe that Israel should be a sovereign country.

Offline LauraTXNM

For anyone who's interested, here's a link to Commanders for Israel's Security:
http://en.cis.org.il

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
 22222frying pan
Site is shiite...bashing pro-Israeli and pro_US/Israel relationships...Israel is not immune from pro-Arab or leftist sympathizers as evidenced by the writings on that site.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.