Author Topic: Donald Trump and Sean Hannity Like to Talk Before Bedtime  (Read 5635 times)

Offline RoosGirl

…

More than most politicians, Trump abides by the Groucho Marx law of fraternization. He inherently distrusts anyone who chooses to work for him, seeking outside affirmation as often as possible from as vast and varied a group as he can muster — but Hannity is at the center. “Generally, the feeling is that Sean is the leader of the outside kitchen cabinet,” one White House official said, echoing other staffers (current and removed). I was told by one person that Hannity “fills the political void” left by Steve Bannon, a statement Bannon seemed to agree with: “Sean Hannity understands the basic issues of economic nationalism and ‘America First’ foreign policy at a deeper level than the august staff of Jonathan Chait and the f----n’ clowns at New York Magazine,” he said. The White House official assessed the influence of White House officials and other administration personnel as exactly equal to that of Fox News.

Unlike on Fox & Friends, where Trump learns new (frequently incorrect) information, Hannity acts to transform Trump’s pervasive ambivalence into resolve by convincing him what he’s already decided he believes and what he’s decided to do is correct. After the New Year, Hannity went on air with what he said was “breaking news”: a list of Trump’s accomplishments, which scrolled by on the screen like song titles from an infomercial for Hits From the ’70s. His accomplishments included things like “drafting a plan to defeat ISIS,” signing individual executive orders, and the separate accomplishment of having “signed 55 executive orders.” The former White House official called the trouble caused by Hannity, and Fox more broadly, “a f----d-up feedback loop” that puts Trump “in a weird headspace. What ends up happening is Judge Jeanine or Hannity fill him up with a bunch of crazy s--t, and everyone on staff has to go and knock down all the f-----g fires they started.”

But for the most part, policy has taken a back seat on Hannity; regardless of the news of the day, the overarching narrative of the show is the political persecution of Trump, and by extension of Hannity and Hannity’s viewers, at the hands of the so-called deep state and the Democratic Party, and the corrupt mainstream media, a wholly owned subsidiary of both. Everything comes back to special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russia’s involvement in the 2016 election, a phony, petty diversion from what should be the real focus: prosecuting Hillary Clinton. Hannity admits to advising Trump, but on the air, he’s repeatedly mocked suggestions that he functions as an unofficial chief of staff and criticized the “fake-news media” for not bothering to reach out to him for the truth (a spokesperson for Fox News declined multiple interview requests for this article on Hannity’s behalf). More than any other figure of the right-wing infosphere, Hannity has behaved as if he were an extension of the Trump communications department, his daily stream of assertions serving to prop up Trump and, in real time, define what Trumpism is supposed to be.

Continued - https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/donald-trump-and-sean-hannity-like-to-talk-before-bedtime/ar-AAxe7Wo?ocid=spartanntp

Offline RoosGirl

Re: Donald Trump and Sean Hannity Like to Talk Before Bedtime
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 12:50:26 pm »
This article is hilarious, starting with the title.  I'm picturing:

"Good night, Donald.  I love you."

"I love me too, Sean."

"You're a great American, Donald."

"I *am* a great American, Sean.  Good night."

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 12:53:51 pm »

No. Actually the hilarious part is that someone here voluntarily reads the Commie bullshit at New York Magazine and thinks it's real.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 12:54:00 pm »

"I love me too, Sean."

:silly:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 12:55:31 pm »
No. Actually the hilarious part is that someone here voluntarily reads the Commie bullshit at New York Magazine and thinks it's real.

Don't you bleep dare harsh on my buzz this morning.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 01:09:36 pm »

"I love me too, Sean."

Now there's some sweet pillow talk.  888high58888
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 01:13:42 pm »
"What are you wearing right now, Sean"
"My MAGA boxers. Only my MAGA boxers"
"Oh Sean.."
"Melania can't love you like you need to be loved, Donnie"
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2018, 01:18:46 pm »
Shouldn't this drooling Commie bullshit be in Editorial? I can't find one piece of news here. It's two stupid effing New York Mag writers having a circle jerk over Hannity supporting the President.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2018, 01:29:40 pm »
Shouldn't this drooling Commie bullshit be in Editorial? I can't find one piece of news here. It's two stupid effing New York Mag writers having a circle jerk over Hannity supporting the President.

I think it's important news to know who Trump is consulting with the most since that person or people will have the most effect on policy.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2018, 01:40:13 pm »
I think it's important news to know who Trump is consulting with the most since that person or people will have the most effect on policy.

Can you point to anywhere in this article where they show that the President is taking nightly calls from Hannity? I can't. I do see paragraph after paragraph of dripping hatred for the President and slanted commentary from some Upper East Side children. Olivia Nuzzi has been fired from more jobs than years she's been alive and Joe Darrow draws cartoons.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2018, 01:46:58 pm »
Can you point to anywhere in this article where they show that the President is taking nightly calls from Hannity? I can't. I do see paragraph after paragraph of dripping hatred for the President and slanted commentary from some Upper East Side children. Olivia Nuzzi has been fired from more jobs than years she's been alive and Joe Darrow draws cartoons.

Since the contrarians are losing every policy debate, let em vent. What’s the harm? And since their thumbs are shriveled from constantly sucking on them this at least gives them a chance to air them out.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2018, 01:49:50 pm »

The call to the White House comes after ten o’clock most weeknights, when Hannity is over.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2018, 01:53:12 pm »
The call to the White House comes after ten o’clock most weeknights, when Hannity is over.

Yeah. Those words are in the piece, but the weird thing is that they don't have any evidence that it is remotely true. I also find it interesting that after they get done fabricating that story they spend the rest of the article talking about Stormy Daniels for no apparent reason.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2018, 01:59:25 pm »
Yeah. Those words are in the piece, but the weird thing is that they don't have any evidence that it is remotely true. I also find it interesting that after they get done fabricating that story they spend the rest of the article talking about Stormy Daniels for no apparent reason.

Oh yeah, it's for sure a long-ass article full of nonsense, which is why in my first comment I said it was hilarious.

I still think it's interesting that it appears that Hannity and Trump talk that frequently.  I assume someone with press credentials could call and confirm the names listed in the article as being on the approved callers list.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2018, 02:04:41 pm »

I still think it's interesting that it appears that Hannity and Trump talk that frequently. 

Once again I ask, based on what? The word of a cartoonist and a child writing in a openly Marxist NY City blog? There isn't one source in this piece and it is polluted with snide commentary and non sequitur all the way through.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2018, 02:17:56 pm »
Once again I ask, based on what? The word of a cartoonist and a child writing in a openly Marxist NY City blog? There isn't one source in this piece and it is polluted with snide commentary and non sequitur all the way through.

Well shit, Frank.  If those are the requirements for reading, posting and commenting on an article there'd be hardly anything posted here.  While we're waiting for legit news to be written and published I think I'll have some fun with what *is* published.

Anyway, I'm beginning to think you're jealous that Trump talks so frequently to Hannity instead of you.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2018, 02:25:41 pm »
Somehow I picture Cartman and Michael Jefferson on South Park.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2018, 02:26:48 pm »
Anyway, I'm beginning to think you're jealous that Trump talks so frequently to Hannity instead of you.

Jealous? I guess you don't read the articles you post. 3/4 of the way through the piece they discuss how I talk to Donny nightly as I leave the WH after I bang Melania.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2018, 02:37:37 pm »
The American MSM has become obsessed with Hannity lately. He did a motage recently showing how much showtime the other networks spend talking about him. CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC, etc...spend hundreds of times the effort talking about Sean Hannity than they do talking about North Korea or China or Iran. In their fevered minds, Hannity is the bigger threat to them than all these others.

This, of course, is a subtle hit piece on Hannity and on Trump. They are attempting to portray some kind of homoerotic codependent relationship between the two men. They seem to be channeling Obama and his main squeeze Reggie Love.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2018, 02:43:00 pm »
Jealous? I guess you don't read the articles you post. 3/4 of the way through the piece they discuss how I talk to Donny nightly as I leave the WH after I bang Melania.

I did read that, but since this article is written by a cartoonist and child writing in an openly Marxist NY City blog I immediately knew that part wasn't true.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2018, 02:45:44 pm »
What they talk about is almost exclusively real estate.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2018, 02:54:19 pm »
I did read that, but since this article is written by a cartoonist and child writing in an openly Marxist NY City blog I immediately knew that part wasn't true.

Offline endicom

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2018, 02:56:13 pm »
This, of course, is a subtle hit piece on Hannity and on Trump.

Subtle?

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2018, 03:02:13 pm »

Oh there, there, honey.  We'll go back to talking about you wearing lederhosen without underwear and everything will be fine.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2018, 03:07:47 pm »

Oh there, there, honey.  We'll go back to talking about you wearing lederhosen without underwear and everything will be fine.

And you can leave posting mindless flame pieces to that other poster.