Author Topic: Given A Formal Say, Black Lives Matter Issues Demands To Reform Chicago Police Department  (Read 497 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
A community-based coalition headlined by Black Lives Matter recently issued a litany of demands to government officials as they negotiate court-ordered oversight policies to reform the Chicago Police Department (CPD).

The 127-page manifesto released last week outlines sweeping recommendations that the Mayor’s Office and Illinois Attorney General must “meaningfully review and consider,” according to an agreement filed in federal court earlier this year. Suggested procedural changes include removing police officers from public schools, reducing the use of force, and eliminating racism and gender-based discrimination the coalition says its members have long endured.

“These proposals have been written by and with families who have survived police killings, violence and terror,” Black Lives Matter’s Chicago chapter said in a statement.

The activist group explained, the plan “offers a small glimpse into the creation of a new society where the people who are most affected by the injustice of these systems have control and power.”

Their proposition also calls for the establishment of a civilian oversight committee “comprised exclusively of city residents who themselves have been impacted by police abuse, or who represent communities that have been most impacted by police abuse.” That newly formed body would also “approve and negotiate contracts with police unions.”

The Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) Lodge 7, which represents rank-and-file Chicago cops, called such demands “ludicrous,” adding: “The truth is that the police are being handcuffed from doing their jobs and protecting the public, particularly those these groups claim they are fighting for.”

The union went on to call out “a morally bankrupt media in the city” for its reluctance to question “a largely false narrative” which conceals Black Lives Matter’s extreme objectives, such as defunding and abolishing Chicago’s police force. Even Black Lives Matter has expressed frustration with local journalists for their unwillingness to clarify its anti-police, anti-incarceration, and anti-capitalist stances.

“Any aversion to the demands we’re making is a slap in the face to everybody that has gone through police violence,” said Jonathan Projansky, an organizer with BLM Chicago, which has stated it “will not accept anything less than full application of our proposal.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/30949/given-formal-say-black-lives-matter-issues-demands-jeffrey-cawood
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
The CPD should walk off the job for a few days or weeks.  Or maybe a large scale blue flu.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Applewood

The CPD should walk off the job for a few days or weeks.  Or maybe a large scale blue flu.

Seems to me that's what thy want.  No police at all -- so they can rob, rape, shoot and riot with impunity.  After all, they are oppressed, so it's only fair they can get whatever they can from whitey without being bothered by those pesky police.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Seems to me that's what thy want.  No police at all -- so they can rob, rape, shoot and riot with impunity.  After all, they are oppressed, so it's only fair they can get whatever they can from whitey without being bothered by those pesky police.

Yep.  As history has shown that always ends badly when you get what you want concerning community safety.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline goatprairie

The inability of what seems to be a very large percentage of the black community to see reality is troubling beyond belief.  How people whose own members are slaughtered daily in large numbers by their own can fail to grasp the situation defies comprehension.
No matter how many black persons are murdered by other black persons, they still blame Evil Whitey. I give up.