Author Topic: Trump’s chaotic style is starting to make sense  (Read 1711 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump’s chaotic style is starting to make sense
« on: May 12, 2018, 09:20:46 pm »
NY Post, May 12, 2018, Michael Walsh

<snip>

In short, this has been the most effective administration since FDR’s first term. And it’s being accomplished in the teeth of the so-called “resistance,” which includes the overt hostility of nearly all the mainstream media, the embedded civil service, the Democrats, the never-Trump Republicans, rogue elements of the intelligence and investigative agencies and Robert Mueller’s investigation into charges of “collusion” with the Russians.

Some “chaos.”

The truth is, as much as they hate Trump’s policies, the president’s enemies hate the man even more. Donald Trump offends the establishment on a personal, visceral level. His opponents are the same folks who idolized Adlai Stevenson and thought Ike was just a dolt who somehow won World War II. Who worshipped John F. Kennedy (but were repelled by LBJ), hated Nixon, thought Reagan was an amiable dunce and erected shrines to Obama. They are the Ivy Leaguers, the credentialists, the Georgetown establishment for whom there is only one right way to conduct a presidency, and that is the Harvard-Democratic-groupthink way.

What Trump understands, however, is what many great leaders have understood: that “chaos,” not consensus, is the way ideas are tried and tested. That if someone or something isn’t working, scrap it and try something else. Results are what count, not consistency: Trump’s ability to morph from saber-rattling lunatic to charming glad-hander infuriates them because they see it as phony.

So what? That doesn’t mean it isn’t also effective. ...

Read more:  https://nypost.com/2018/05/12/trumps-chaotic-style-is-starting-to-make-sense/

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Trump’s chaotic style is starting to make sense
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 09:21:59 pm »
NY Post, May 12, 2018, Michael Walsh

<snip>

In short, this has been the most effective administration since FDR’s first term. And it’s being accomplished in the teeth of the so-called “resistance,” which includes the overt hostility of nearly all the mainstream media, the embedded civil service, the Democrats, the never-Trump Republicans, rogue elements of the intelligence and investigative agencies and Robert Mueller’s investigation into charges of “collusion” with the Russians.

Some “chaos.”

The truth is, as much as they hate Trump’s policies, the president’s enemies hate the man even more. Donald Trump offends the establishment on a personal, visceral level. His opponents are the same folks who idolized Adlai Stevenson and thought Ike was just a dolt who somehow won World War II. Who worshipped John F. Kennedy (but were repelled by LBJ), hated Nixon, thought Reagan was an amiable dunce and erected shrines to Obama. They are the Ivy Leaguers, the credentialists, the Georgetown establishment for whom there is only one right way to conduct a presidency, and that is the Harvard-Democratic-groupthink way.

What Trump understands, however, is what many great leaders have understood: that “chaos,” not consensus, is the way ideas are tried and tested. That if someone or something isn’t working, scrap it and try something else. Results are what count, not consistency: Trump’s ability to morph from saber-rattling lunatic to charming glad-hander infuriates them because they see it as phony.

So what? That doesn’t mean it isn’t also effective. ...

Read more:  https://nypost.com/2018/05/12/trumps-chaotic-style-is-starting-to-make-sense/

Love it!     :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 09:26:39 pm »
Love it!     :beer:

This is one of those essays I wish I could post in full.  It's an examination of what this "chaos" is producing --- and why.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 09:27:34 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2018, 09:27:40 pm »
Doesn’t make a whole lot of sense.  It’s just evidence of a mediocre president whose primary “accomplishments” have come about because he stfu and let those who know what to do get things done. 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2018, 09:31:54 pm »
Results, results, results.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2018, 09:33:52 pm »
Doesn’t make a whole lot of sense.  It’s just evidence of a mediocre president whose primary “accomplishments” have come about because he stfu and let those who know what to do get things done.

Oh??  IOW....."He hires only the best people!"   ^-^
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2018, 09:59:13 pm »
His opponents are the same folks who idolized Adlai Stevenson

They do have that certain quality about them.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2018, 10:07:11 pm »

I like the theme song she did for that Bond movie, Skyfall.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2018, 10:32:57 pm »
This is one of those essays I wish I could post in full.  It's an examination of what this "chaos" is producing --- and why.

It's "Organized Chaos".   :laugh:

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2018, 02:24:50 am »
"His opponents are the same folks who idolized Adlai Stevenson"

Not to worry.
We have our own "latter day" version of Stevenson -- Mitt Romney.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2018, 02:43:47 am »

That is a good line.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2018, 03:28:23 am »
From its start, the Trump administration has been plagued by charges of “chaos.” From the revolving door of senior staffers — including two secretaries of state, three national security advisers and two chiefs of staff — to the president’s brash and sometimes boorish personal style, to his politically incorrect taunt-tweeting, Donald Trump has refused to conform to his political opponents’ conventional notions of what constitutes an effective White House operation.

And yet, the economy is humming, hosts of regulations have been rolled back, the unemployment rate is down, job openings are soaring, taxes have been cut and black joblessness is at an all-time low. Prototypes for the wall along the Mexican border are being tested, raids by ICE are rounding up dangerous illegal aliens and the “travel ban” against several Muslim nations was argued last month before the Supreme Court, where the president’s authority over immigration will be upheld.

In foreign affairs, the two Koreas are talking to each other, with a summit between Trump and North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un slated for June in Singapore, the ISIS “caliphate” has been effectively destroyed and just last week Trump yanked the carpets out from under the Iranian mullahs and canceled the nuclear deal negotiated — but never submitted to the Senate for ratification — by the Obama administration.

https://nypost.com/2018/05/12/trumps-chaotic-style-is-starting-to-make-sense/
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2018, 03:28:40 am »

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2018, 03:52:17 am »
From its start, the Trump administration has been plagued by charges of “chaos.” From the revolving door of senior staffers — including two secretaries of state, three national security advisers and two chiefs of staff — to the president’s brash and sometimes boorish personal style, to his politically incorrect taunt-tweeting, Donald Trump has refused to conform to his political opponents’ conventional notions of what constitutes an effective White House operation.

And yet, the economy is humming, hosts of regulations have been rolled back, the unemployment rate is down, job openings are soaring, taxes have been cut and black joblessness is at an all-time low. Prototypes for the wall along the Mexican border are being tested, raids by ICE are rounding up dangerous illegal aliens and the “travel ban” against several Muslim nations was argued last month before the Supreme Court, where the president’s authority over immigration will be upheld.

In foreign affairs, the two Koreas are talking to each other, with a summit between Trump and North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un slated for June in Singapore, the ISIS “caliphate” has been effectively destroyed and just last week Trump yanked the carpets out from under the Iranian mullahs and canceled the nuclear deal negotiated — but never submitted to the Senate for ratification — by the Obama administration.

https://nypost.com/2018/05/12/trumps-chaotic-style-is-starting-to-make-sense/

Yes, I believe Pres. Trump deserves some credit for the achievements, but IMHO things are being sugar-coated in this article a bit.  Prototypes for the wall?  Who cares?? You can have all kinds of prototypes submitted, but unless money is allocated for a wall, those prototypes are useless.  No money.  No wall.  It's as simple as that, and what about his offer of amnesty to DACA recipients  -- yes, I get that the courts made a ruling, but Trump made the offer.  Meanwhile ... We just had a caravan of illegals waltz across the border -- they should have been immediately sent back or blocked from entering.  Instead they are being interviewed and processed!

As for the travel ban, if I recall correctly, I believe that was only for a short period of time.  It is not definitive.

We obviously don't know the results yet of the Korean talks.

I think its too early to judge his presidency and certainly the room for chaos will be wide open if the GOP loses their majority in November.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2018, 04:11:32 am »
Yes, I believe Pres. Trump deserves some credit for the achievements, but IMHO things are being sugar-coated in this article a bit.  Prototypes for the wall?  Who cares?? You can have all kinds of prototypes submitted, but unless money is allocated for a wall, those prototypes are useless.  No money.  No wall.  It's as simple as that, and what about his offer of amnesty to DACA recipients  -- yes, I get that the courts made a ruling, but Trump made the offer.  Meanwhile ... We just had a caravan of illegals waltz across the border -- they should have been immediately sent back or blocked from entering.  Instead they are being interviewed and processed!

As for the travel ban, if I recall correctly, I believe that was only for a short period of time.  It is not definitive.

We obviously don't know the results yet of the Korean talks.

I think its too early to judge his presidency and certainly the room for chaos will be wide open if the GOP loses their majority in November.

Not sure about the details of the travel ban but I don't think it is temporary.

You're probably right to be leery of pouring on the praise until we see what actually happens, but I gotta say, it's a good start.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2018, 04:24:45 am »
Not sure about the details of the travel ban but I don't think it is temporary.

You're probably right to be leery of pouring on the praise until we see what actually happens, but I gotta say, it's a good start.

As far as I can tell, the order is temporary ...

(c) To temporarily reduce investigative burdens on relevant agencies during the review period described in subsection (a) of this section, to ensure the proper review and maximum utilization of available resources for the screening of foreign nationals, and to ensure that adequate standards are established to prevent infiltration by foreign terrorists or criminals, pursuant to section 212(f) of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1182(f), I hereby proclaim that the immigrant and nonimmigrant entry into the United States of aliens from countries referred to in section 217(a)(12) of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1187(a)(12), would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, and I hereby suspend entry into the United States, as immigrants and nonimmigrants, of such persons for 90 days from the date of this order (excluding those foreign nationals traveling on diplomatic visas, North Atlantic Treaty Organization visas, C-2 visas for travel to the United Nations, and G-1, G-2, G-3, and G-4 visas).

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/executive-order-protecting-nation-foreign-terrorist-entry-united-states/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2018, 04:33:26 am »
Yes, President Trump is making some headway but not as much as he is claiming. A 90 day travel ban is a drop in the bucket ... and then what? 

Prototypes for the walls is fine and dandy, but unless he gets the money from Congress to build a wall, it's not going to happen.

So far, he's done well overseas and his negotiating skills have served well without a doubt.

Yes, so far the economy is doing much better than it was, jobs are expanding, people are back to work.  Trump's ability to bolster the economy, I have never doubted. 

Unfortunately, Trump thought running the government was like running a corporation --- that is where inexperience and ignorance about the functionality of government was a huge concern for me and IMHO, the chaos we've seen is a large part of that in addition to his own party and the DEMS trying to derail his presidency.  He's been very resilient and should be applauded.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2018, 04:50:49 am »
As the real world is, Trump has done as much as possible. He would have done more with more conservatives in the Senate.

The choices were Trump or Clinton and I am grateful for every Trump voter.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2018, 05:01:36 am »

You must be talking about New Deal that has become the Old Deal of government slavery.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2018, 05:11:18 am »
As the real world is, Trump has done as much as possible. He would have done more with more conservatives in the Senate.

The choices were Trump or Clinton and I am grateful for every Trump voter.

He has conservatives in the House that he refused to go along with, so to me, that argument doesn't hold a whole lot of water.  As the real world is, Trump has created a lot of the roadblocks that were set forth from the very beginning by his narcissistic, abrasive and at times crude behavior.  Secondly, he has made some very poor selections of people in his administration or failed to dismiss Bammy carry overs in a timely manner that has hampered his agenda significantly.

Other than Clinton supporters, of course people are glad he won over Clinton.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2018, 05:28:05 am »
Makes sense to the blind base that are part of the cult.. :whistle:

Honestly, the folks that support this self promoting degenerate ass are are not people I'd ever want to be friends with, let alone live anywhere near their trailer park... :shrug:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2018, 06:28:58 am »

Honestly, the folks that support this self promoting degenerate ass are are not people I'd ever want to be friends with, let alone live anywhere near their trailer park... :shrug:

@montanajoe   Don't worry, we'll set the pigs on you if you come close to the trailer.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2018, 07:53:24 am »

I heard that.
 :beer:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2018, 10:40:56 am »
If you want to avoid criticisms, do nothing, say nothing, decide nothing. Fortunately, that’s not how President Trump rolls.

Most effective administration since FDR, most conservative President since Ronald Reagan.