Author Topic: Retired general: Torture worked on John McCain, that's why they call him 'Songbird John'  (Read 3296 times)

Offline RoosGirl

When I think about those nights in Montreal I get the sweetest thoughts of you and me.

You just gotta stop

Offline Frank Cannon

You just gotta stop

And tell you what I feel about you babe?

Offline RoosGirl

And tell you what I feel about you babe?

The world ain't right

Offline Frank Cannon

The world ain't right

Gino Vannelli is up in Canada right now reading this thread in pure awe.

Offline RoosGirl

Gino Vannelli is up in Canada right now reading this thread in pure awe.

Was he the half of Milli Vanilli that didn't kill himself?

Offline Frank Cannon

Was he the half of Milli Vanilli that didn't kill himself?

He is. He also invented the Shamrock Shake.

Offline RoosGirl

He is. He also invented the Shamrock Shake.

I don't know what a Shamrock Shake is.  Is it some kind of Irish dance?

Offline Frank Cannon

Close. It was Madonna's follow up dance after the vogue. It didn't catch on at the gay clubs though.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
I think I've always seen people in the military as being heroic because they have given up their freedom to serve.  But your all's opinions make sense, too.  I don't mean people can't also be jackasses ;) or mass murderers -- I had no idea Jeffrey Dahmer was in the military. 
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Except when you disagree with me.

Frank doesn't disagree with you, he corrects you.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I'd like to ask you all a semi-related question.  I've always thought of people who served in the military as heroes, those who served in war even more so, and those who have been POWs as an even more special kind of hero. 

Would you all agree with that or find it naive?

@LauraTXNM

A bit naïve I think.  Many people have served this country in uniform and some paid a heavy price for their service but in the case of John Sidney McCain III you need to look at the entire picture before you decide to call him a "hero". 

He is the Grandson of John Sidney "Slew" McCain Sr. who was a Navy Admiral wit very distinguished service for a long time including in the South Pacific during WWII.  and the Son of John Sidney "Jack" McCain Jr. also an Admiral with long and distinguished service and who was the CO of the Naval forces in the Pacific when his son John Sidney McCain III was captured.  But for those facts, Senator McCain would never have received an appointment to the Naval Academy at Annapolis and, on the off chance that he did receive one, would have surely not made it to graduation.

Further, after he did manage to scrape by and graduate at the bottom of his class he got into flight school on the basis of who he was rather than what his qualifications were and would never have been in the pilot seat of the F4-E he flew over Hanoi but for who his father and grandfather were.

After he was returned to the US Navy Brass decided that it would be too embarrassing to the Navy and the US Government for Mr. McCain to have to account for what he did while a captive in North Vietnam and the entire history was official "revised".

I know that some here will not like what I have written here but it IS the truth and you will have to make up your own mind as to whether or not the man is a "hero".
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline skeeter

I'd like to ask you all a semi-related question.  I've always thought of people who served in the military as heroes, those who served in war even more so, and those who have been POWs as an even more special kind of hero. 

Would you all agree with that or find it naive?

The latter. I have a relative serving in the army right now who last thought seems to be serving his country.

Frankly, he doesn't even consider it his country.

He's determined to avoid risk and hard work at all costs and is simply milking the gig for all he can.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

I think that is what happens when a leprechaun gets off.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

Gets off what, the bottle?

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

Its what happens when you give a red headed stripper a $20, or so @Frank Cannon told me.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Frank Cannon

Pure something.

Hey @Sanguine , what's with the bondage chick with a riding crop in your avatar? Do you think that's appropriate for a family forum?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 02:39:39 pm by Frank Cannon »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Hey @Sanguine , what's with the bondage chick with a riding crop in your avatar? Do you think that's appropriate for a family forum?

This is obviously not a family forum since you are allowed to be here.    :whistle:

And, that's a rifle, not a whip.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 02:43:45 pm by Sanguine »

Offline Frank Cannon

This is obviously not a family forum since you are allowed to be here.    :whistle:

And, that's a rifle, not a whip.

Firstly I'm the most GD family friendly poster you will ever meet. Secondly......oh. I guess it could be a gun depending on how you look at it.

Offline driftdiver

Firstly I'm the most GD family friendly poster you will ever meet. Secondly......oh. I guess it could be a gun depending on how you look at it.

This is my rifle, this is my gun.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

Without me, my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will…

My rifle and I know that what counts in war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit…

My rifle is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will keep my rifle clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will…

Before God, I swear this creed. My rifle and I are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.
So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but peace!

Offline driftdiver

rangerrebew

Retired general: Torture worked on John McCain, that's why they call him 'Songbird John'
by Naomi Lim
 May 10, 2018 02:34 PM

Retired Air Force Lt. Gen. Thomas McInerney on Thursday referred to Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., as "Songbird John" and said torture worked on the former POW.

McInerney, during an interview on Fox Business Network, was slamming McCain's refusal to support CIA director nominee Gina Haspel over her past work at the agency involving enhanced interrogation techniques that are considered torture.

"The fact is, is John McCain — it worked on John. That's why they call him 'Songbird John,'" McInerney said.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/retired-general-torture-worked-on-john-mccain-thats-why-they-call-him-songbird-john

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34