Author Topic: Trump drops a bombshell on immigration, and no one bothers to report it  (Read 13574 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
You just made my point.

It is a very recent development that the conservative movement has become aligned with anti-immigrant nativism.

It is a maxim of conventional economics that immigration is necessary to sustain economic growth,  especially when the birthrate of the native born population is at or below replacement level.   

Historically,  immigrant labor has built this country - the railroads, the dams, the highways, the skyscrapers.   Historically, immigrant labor has not displaced native born labor, but has provided it with opportunity. 

I understand that we exist in the context of a global, information-based economy.  But there are, IMO, more effective ways to protect the interests of American labor than by turning away those with the skills and the drive to make something of themselves in a land of liberty and opportunity.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline GrouchoTex

Even back on the campaign trial, he was going to have a "big, beautiful door" in the wall to let the "good ones" in, so this is hardly a bombshell.
He may not have said this in a while, but he has said it, in one form or another.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
It is a very recent development that the conservative movement has become aligned with anti-immigrant nativism.

It is a maxim of conventional economics that immigration is necessary to sustain economic growth,  especially when the birthrate of the native born population is at or below replacement level.   

Historically,  immigrant labor has built this country - the railroads, the dams, the highways, the skyscrapers.   Historically, immigrant labor has not displaced native born labor, but has provided it with opportunity. 

I understand that we exist in the context of a global, information-based economy.  But there are, IMO, more effective ways to protect the interests of American labor than by turning away those with the skills and the drive to make something of themselves in a land of liberty and opportunity.

It's OK if you don't get it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
If he can change the standards for entry so that only those with useable and needed skills are allowed entry I will be satisfied.

@skeeter

I won't. I want a total ban on Muslims.

It is a good first step,though. Not many Muslims have ANY job skills,never mind ones needed here in America.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Hoodat

If we want to sustain economic growth, we will need immigration.

This isn't about sustaining economic growth.  It's about sustaining the Social Security Ponzi Scheme.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

Well there's your problem right there - Howabout we try not killing American children in the womb for a while...

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
This isn't about sustaining economic growth.  It's about sustaining the Social Security Ponzi Scheme.

@Hoodat
Even with all the illegals the SS ponzi scheme is doomed.  Mostly because the illegals don't actually pay in very much AND even if they did they still aren't enough.

We're in trouble, or more accurately our children are in trouble.

Or maybe its the fools who buy our debt that are at risk?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

I'm talking about legal immigration, of course.  You are correct, though, that the recent spate of illegal immigration has helped sustain the Social Security system.  Millions of folks paying into the system but unable to claim benefits has in a modest way improved SS's finances.   

Offline Hoodat

You can bet your sweet Bippy that each and every resident alien will be properly documented.

It's like walking into the Twilight Zone.  I got called every name in the book by Trump sycophants for pointing out that Trump supported touchback amnesty for illegals.  And now I see you post this as if none of that ever happened?  If we had only elected the candidate who actually opposed illegal immigration instead of listening to the lies of those who gave us the one who promises to make illegals legal again.

M I L A

Making Illegals Legal Again

Can I get that on a hat?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

What we have had since the early 70's is an invasion.  People like you have been feeding us this crap for that long.  Oh it started with the jobs nobody wanted to do.  There are plenty of people to fill labor jobs in the United State.  Get them off of welfare and limit illegals to the lettuce picking that they were supposed to be doing.  Its a long time since the railroad.  Just saying.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Well there's your problem right there - Howabout we try not killing American children in the womb for a while...

Abortions are typically the "solution" for a woman who is not yet in a position in life to afford to raise children - especially if there is no man in the picture.   How will forcing such women to give birth grow the economy?

It is true, however, that the more an economy modernizes and evolves to grow its middle class, the lower the birthrate tends to be.   Economic opportunity means women put off raising families, or limit the size of their broods.   Traditional gender roles encourage the raising of children;  the liberation of women from the patriarchy has provided women with a plethora of alternatives.   

Offline Chosen Daughter

It's like walking into the Twilight Zone.  I got called every name in the book by Trump sycophants for pointing out that Trump supported touchback amnesty for illegals.  And now I see you post this as if none of that ever happened?  If we had only elected the candidate who actually opposed illegal immigration instead of listening to the lies of those who gave us the one who promises to make illegals legal again.

M I L A

Can I get that on a hat?

Yep I told them over and over again also.  the big door in the wall.  Touch back amnesty.  People were going to have to go out and then they could come back in.  How does everyone think that the Trump dynasty hires?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline driftdiver

I'm talking about legal immigration, of course.  You are correct, though, that the recent spate of illegal immigration has helped sustain the Social Security system.  Millions of folks paying into the system but unable to claim benefits has in a modest way improved SS's finances.   

@Jazzhead
How does an illegal pay into the social security system without a social security number, which they can't get.

From my personal experience they steal peoples identity and use their SSN, and credit and anything else they can.   Of course then they can also collect various benefits since they are now 'legal'.

The Clintons estimate that illegals pay in $13 billion a year through payroll taxes mostly.   Better, less biased sources put the estimate at $7 billion.   Meanwhile they cost us about $135 billion a year through govt benefits, medical care, and other govt programs.

So the net loss is at least $120 Billion

Offline Chosen Daughter

Abortions are typically the "solution" for a woman who is not yet in a position in life to afford to raise children - especially if there is no man in the picture.   How will forcing such women to give birth grow the economy?

It is true, however, that the more an economy modernizes and evolves to grow its middle class, the lower the birthrate tends to be.   Economic opportunity means women put off raising families, or limit the size of their broods.   Traditional gender roles encourage the raising of children;  the liberation of women from the patriarchy has provided women with a plethora of alternatives.   

more..........

Liberals have been training our kids that they are danger to the earth.  That they should limit their children.  I remember when my daughter told me about how she wasn't going to have any children.  Yet the "immigrants" are pouring in and having tons of babies.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
There are plenty of people to fill labor jobs in the United State. 

Actually, that's not so.  Immigrants tend to work harder than the native born, who can fall back on the resources of the state.   In today's economy,  lots of employers are sweating they won't have the labor to grow their businesses.

I welcome an immigrant "invasion" - legal, of course.   It will provide more opportunity for my kids.   

Offline Hoodat

Abortions are typically the "solution" for a woman who is not yet in a position in life to afford to raise children

The "prevention" is to not let some man who is not willing to support you and your kid ejaculate inside of you unprotected.

- especially if there is no man in the picture.   

If there is no man in the picture?  Good grief, did a baby just magically appear inside a woman's womb, catching her unawares?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

Dunno, ask an eighteen year old who's mom decided not to abort them, maybe they can tell you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

@Jazzhead
How does an illegal pay into the social security system without a social security number, which they can't get.

From my personal experience they steal peoples identity and use their SSN, and credit and anything else they can.   Of course then they can also collect various benefits since they are now 'legal'.

The Clintons estimate that illegals pay in $13 billion a year through payroll taxes mostly.   Better, less biased sources put the estimate at $7 billion.   Meanwhile they cost us about $135 billion a year through govt benefits, medical care, and other govt programs.

So the net loss is at least $120 Billion

Our government does give them ITIN tax id's.  That is how they rake in tax huge tax returns.  They are allowed to claim all those children.  Even ones that aren't in the United States.  Its a huge scam and another way to anchor them here with home, car and business loans.

Offline driftdiver

Actually, that's not so.  Immigrants tend to work harder than the native born, who can fall back on the resources of the state.   In today's economy,  lots of employers are sweating they won't have the labor to grow their businesses.

I welcome an immigrant "invasion" - legal, of course.   It will provide more opportunity for my kids.

@Jazzhead
Once again you show you are a racist.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Liberals have been training our kids that they are danger to the earth.  That they should limit their children.  I remember when my daughter told me about how she wasn't going to have any children.  Yet the "immigrants" are pouring in and having tons of babies.

Kids aren't a danger to the earth, but why the heck should a smart, ambitious woman raise a large family?   Times have changed because technology has changed - large families used to prosper, now a smaller brood ensures the greater prosperity of the family.   And what is wrong with a woman's ability to choose whether and when to raise a family?   

Offline Chosen Daughter

No sir they don't.  I know I work in manufacturing.  We have plenty of immigrants that need to have baby sitters so they can get to work.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
@Jazzhead
Once again you show you are a racist.

Oh bullshiit.  My grandparents were all immigrants, and were white as snow.  Anyone who pulls up stakes and moves thousands of miles from friends and family just to have a shot at a better life is - ipso facto - more ambitious and harder working than the native born who won't move their asses out of the holler.     

Offline GrouchoTex

M I L A

Can I get that on a hat?

LOL. yeah, see my post #26.
Of course he supported .
It wan't a secret.
yes, and I was lambasted for bring it up during the primaries, and during the election.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
The "prevention" is to not let some man who is not willing to support you and your kid ejaculate inside of you unprotected.

Now there's the callous attitude of a man for ya. 

Offline Hoodat

Our government does give them ITIN tax id's.  That is how they rake in tax huge tax returns.  They are allowed to claim all those children.  Even ones that aren't in the United States.  Its a huge scam and another way to anchor them here with home, car and business loans.

It also makes them eligible to collect SS when they retire, provide that they work long enough.  There was some ruling a decade ago or so saying that non-US citizens living in Mexico who worked long enough in the US to qualify were due their SS payments.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-