Author Topic: First Lady Melania Trumps Initiative Launch  (Read 6075 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Re: First Lady Melania Trumps Initiative Launch
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2018, 02:27:12 pm »
I'm not reacting to one or two criticisms @Applewood but to a relentless pattern of criticisms on every thread ... regardless of the topic.

As to your attempt to equate the President's supporters to Alinsky .... this only tells me you don't know shit about either.

That's not at all true.  Melania is generally well-liked on this forum as demonstrated in *most* of the comments about her.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2018, 02:27:35 pm »
The mindless slogan makes no difference to me.  I don't care if it's called "Late for Dinner," if this ratchets up the hysteria about Opioids and causes legitimate patients to get cut off from their life-saving pain medications, I'm against it, and will turn anti-Melania in the process.  I'm not "Never Trump," but this will push me into that camp.

I have loved ones who will suffer from this.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2018, 02:28:12 pm »
That's not at all true.  Melania is generally well-liked on this forum as demonstrated in *most* of the comments about her.

That is changing for me.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2018, 02:29:12 pm »
The mindless slogan makes no difference to me.  I don't care if it's called "Late for Dinner," if this ratchets up the hysteria about Opioids and causes legitimate patients to get cut off from their life-saving pain medications, I'm against it, and will turn anti-Melania in the process.  I'm not "Never Trump," but this will push me into that camp.

Don't you know that anti-Melania is just another word for Never Trump?  Hater.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2018, 02:31:47 pm »
I guess "Be All That You Can Be" Be was already taken, so "Be Best" was next?  :shrug:

Be Original
Be Quiet
BiBiBop
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2018, 02:32:05 pm »
Don't you know that anti-Melania is just another word for Never Trump?  Hater.

Can't help it.  I'm being pushed because I'm going to have to witness the business end of this mindless stampede
I will NOT comply.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2018, 02:34:57 pm »

I have loved ones who suffer as well.

My son is working as an EMT.   Nearly all of his calls are for drug addled people.  The damage being done to our country is beyond imagining.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline edpc

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2018, 02:38:32 pm »
We came close to having a 'Shove It' initiative from Teresa in 2004.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2018, 02:41:14 pm »

Be Original
Be Quiet
BiBiBop

Not so serious now....

LS/MFT
Taste great, less filling
Where's the beef?
Only her hairdresser knows for sure.

To name a few.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2018, 02:43:52 pm »
To be fair, that isn't plagiarism. That's right from the Federal Government Document Style Guide. There is a set standard of templates and style rules for federal government publications (I have to deal with this for some of my day job stuff).

@AbaraXas

I understand style templates.  But note that this goes beyond that.  As the NY Daily News says:
Except for a few minor changes, Melania Trump's "Talking with Kids About Being Online" is a page-by-page duplicate  . . .

As for "plagiarism," I'm using the term by its definition thus: "the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own."

This is announced as a Melania's "initiative"...to "initiate" something.  But it's not something she initiated. 

The only thing they both did is use the same template.

Nope.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2018, 02:45:22 pm »
The internet is ablaze with Michelle Obama's "Be Better" campaign she had, suggesting M Trump is copying that in her title and yes, M Trump is using a same designed pamphlet Obama used for kids and the internet.

The use of the superlative makes it sound like her hubby suggested she swipe Moochelle's and one-up.

@Victoria33
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2018, 02:46:46 pm »
My son is working as an EMT.   Nearly all of his calls are for drug addled people.  The damage being done to our country is beyond imagining.

He must be seeing a massive decrease in the problem.  After all, all those restrictions we're placing on legitimate users must be succeeding, right?

:whistle:
+++++++++

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2018, 02:49:13 pm »
I have loved ones who suffer as well.

But is cutting legitimate patients off from their needed meds the correct approach?
  That's what's happening.  These people are innocent victims caught up in the hysteria over the drug-addled guilty, and the Trumps are playing right into it for political gain.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2018, 02:49:38 pm »
Wow. Already two pages over another forgettable First Lady issue most of the public will forget about in 5 minutes.

This lady's job is to look hot and that is it.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2018, 02:51:51 pm »
Wow. Already two pages over another forgettable First Lady issue most of the public will forget about in 5 minutes.

This lady's job is to look hot and that is it.

Now that she has an "initiative," she's stepped into the hot seat.
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2018, 02:52:11 pm »
Only her hairdresser knows for sure.

Based on yesterday's do, the initiative could have been called Bad Sheitel.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2018, 03:15:15 pm »

But is cutting legitimate patients off from their needed meds the correct approach?
  That's what's happening.  These people are innocent victims caught up in the hysteria over the drug-addled guilty, and the Trumps are playing right into it for political gain.

I get that you're angry and scared.  But would not turning some of this energy in the physician's direction be more productive @Cyber Liberty ?  Continuation of meds, albeit with more paperwork, still rests with the physician.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2018, 03:15:58 pm »
Now that she has an "initiative," she's stepped into the hot seat.

Only on this effing forum. In the rest of the country folks can't even pronounce her first name right. These First Lady issues barely make the news cycle people see.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2018, 03:20:51 pm »
I get that you're angry and scared.  But would not turning some of this energy in the physician's direction be more productive @Cyber Liberty ?  Continuation of meds, albeit with more paperwork, still rests with the physician.

You really are that ignorant aren't you?  You don't think we tried that?  You insult me, and others in the same game.

Physicians are being pressured to kick people off their meds, under penalty of losing their licenses to practice.  It no longer "rests with the physician," the State is now between the Doctors and their Patients.  Wise up.

Scared?  Yes.  Angry?  You betcha.  Your golden boy just walked off the pier with his better half.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2018, 03:22:10 pm »
Only on this effing forum. In the rest of the country folks can't even pronounce her first name right. These First Lady issues barely make the news cycle people see.

They will, very soon.  Now that she's started the standard issue "first lady's Initiative," and it involves hurting innocent people, you're going to find out just how fast they learn.
I will NOT comply.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2018, 03:37:00 pm »

Except for MO and all her school lunch fiasco.

« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2018, 03:48:10 pm »
You really are that ignorant aren't you?  You don't think we tried that?  You insult me, and others in the same game.

No insult was meant @Cyber Liberty   I was simply posting an alternative that may be helpful to you and those you're concerned about.

What was the doctor's response, if I may ask?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2018, 03:55:25 pm »
No insult was meant @Cyber Liberty   I was simply posting an alternative that may be helpful to you and those you're concerned about.

What was the doctor's response, if I may ask?

"I have to change your medication to Tramadol because the State Board will pull my license if I keep you on Hydrocodone, even though you are not abusing it."

The Tramadol was even more addictive, and less effective in treating the pain.
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2018, 03:56:25 pm »
Except for MO and all her school lunch fiasco.

And of course, Just Say No, which became part of the effort to fight Colombian narco-terrorism.

« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2018, 04:14:43 pm »
"I have to change your medication to Tramadol because the State Board will pull my license if I keep you on Hydrocodone, even though you are not abusing it."

The Tramadol was even more addictive, and less effective in treating the pain.

Thanks for the reply ... and sorry to hear this.  It sucks.