Author Topic: First Lady Melania Trumps Initiative Launch  (Read 6074 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: First Lady Melania Trumps Initiative Launch
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2018, 06:48:20 pm »
@Victoria33  @LauraTXNM @Right_in_Virginia

To tie this discussion back to the Original Topic:  This is why I am most upset that Melania Trump decided to tack "Opioid Abuse" onto her initiative.  It opens a can of worms that will overshadow all the good will she thinks will redound to her (and the President's) benefit.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2018, 06:50:28 pm »
@GrouchoTex  I know, I'm an idiot ;(.  I just have been through this a couple of times and know how awful it is.

I'm just goofin' off @thackney 's expense.
Never mind me.
I'm not against it.

Offline thackney

« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2018, 06:51:45 pm »
I'm just goofin' off @thackney 's expense.
Never mind me.
I'm not against it.

We are all good.

Cheers!
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2018, 07:29:18 pm »

@RoosGirl

Keep reading - words mean things - the below limits pills to those who are already taking them.  They call us "high risk" since we are already taking them.  "so prescribers and pharmacies can limit these beneficiaries access to frequently abused drugs."

The only people exempt from having their drug stopped are cancer patients and end-of-life/hospice/long term care.

"For so-called “high risk” opioid users, the rule says the existing CMS Overutilization Monitoring System (OMS) will be integrated into drug management programs so prescribers and pharmacies can limit these beneficiaries’ access to frequently abused drugs."

"Certain patients will be exempt from these requirements, such as those being treated for cancer-related pain, receiving end-of-life care or are in hospice or long-term care facilities."

There are counties in the US that have zero pain doc who prescribe now.  People have to take off work and travel to another county for a 7-day prescription.  Great.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Silver Pines

« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2018, 07:53:03 pm »
What would your suggestion be?  (Serious question)

@Right_in_Virginia

Be Your Best?

I doubt Melania came up with the slogan, but it sounds a little awkward. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2018, 07:59:34 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Be Your Best?

I doubt Melania came up with the slogan, but it sounds a little awkward.

"Be Best" sounds like it's Ghetto Lingo, to be honest with you....

"Ima Be Best on da block tonight."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Silver Pines

« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2018, 08:02:08 pm »
I don't know if it would help anyone or if it's even an option, but I've mentioned my friend who has end-stage endometriosis.  Her abdominal organs are pretty much glued together from scar tissue, and she's in near constant pain that wakes her up from sleep.  She has resorted to marijuana oil, which is very concentrated.  But she's in California and can obtain it legally with a doctor's prescrip.  Anyway, it does help her.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #82 on: May 08, 2018, 08:04:24 pm »
I don't know if it would help anyone or if it's even an option, but I've mentioned my friend who has end-stage endometriosis.  Her abdominal organs are pretty much glued together from scar tissue, and she's in near constant pain that wakes her up from sleep.  She has resorted to marijuana oil, which is very concentrated.  But she's in California and can obtain it legally with a doctor's prescrip.  Anyway, it does help her.

It's a pity all the cannabis options are off the table for gun owners.  Congress could fix this.
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2018, 09:05:17 pm »

So, she's ripping off the Black Eyed Peas from 2009?

« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 09:06:26 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #84 on: May 08, 2018, 11:37:10 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Be Your Best?  I doubt Melania came up with the slogan, but it sounds a little awkward.

Agree .. until the slogan is expanded.  After listening to Melania's speech a second time I think the slogan is intentionally incomplete.  Be best "friend", Be best "doctor", Be Best "swimmer", Be Best "teacher", etc..

I think the rest of the slogan is left blank for each kid to fill in again and again.  The essence that stays the same is "Be Best".

We shall see  :shrug:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #85 on: May 09, 2018, 12:13:55 am »
Agree .. until the slogan is expanded.  After listening to Melania's speech a second time I think the slogan is intentionally incomplete.  Be best "friend", Be best "doctor", Be Best "swimmer", Be Best "teacher", etc..

I think the rest of the slogan is left blank for each kid to fill in again and again.  The essence that stays the same is "Be Best".

I really, really hope she drops that damned Opioid thing.  It's a third rail...a lightning rod.  It will distract from the good stuff in the initiative (and I think there's quite a bit of good in there).
I will NOT comply.

Silver Pines

« Reply #86 on: May 09, 2018, 12:24:22 am »

@Cyber Liberty

"I know you want her but she got a man already.  You gotta work for it and be best."

Silver Pines

« Reply #87 on: May 09, 2018, 12:25:24 am »
It's a pity all the cannabis options are off the table for gun owners.  Congress could fix this.

@Cyber Liberty

My friend owns a gun.  Her state wouldn't like it if they knew.

Silver Pines

« Reply #88 on: May 09, 2018, 12:26:07 am »

@Right_in_Virginia

Okay, I can see that.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #89 on: May 09, 2018, 12:46:07 am »
I really, really hope she drops that damned Opioid thing.  It's a third rail...a lightning rod.  It will distract from the good stuff in the initiative (and I think there's quite a bit of good in there).

I think the two things don't really fit together, in any case.  It's like combining peanut butter and mayonnaise or something equally unholy.  She should choose one focus, stick with the kids, anti-bullying, healthy relationships.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #90 on: May 09, 2018, 01:02:57 am »
@Cyber Liberty

My friend owns a gun.  Her state wouldn't like it if they knew.

In practical terms, it wouldn't matter if the state didn't know....true.  But not so good if you want to buy a new gun.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #91 on: May 09, 2018, 01:04:27 am »
I think the two things don't really fit together, in any case.  It's like combining peanut butter and mayonnaise or something equally unholy.  She should choose one focus, stick with the kids, anti-bullying, healthy relationships.

:pondering: Peanut butter and Mayonnaise.  Kinky!  :beer:
I will NOT comply.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #92 on: May 09, 2018, 01:15:48 am »
:pondering: Peanut butter and Mayonnaise.  Kinky!  :beer:

@Cyber Liberty  It made me almost physically sick to write that ;(.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #93 on: May 09, 2018, 01:39:44 am »
@Cyber Liberty  It made me almost physically sick to write that ;(.

See?  Another thing we did as a couple:  I almost puked when I read it.  It was a perfect analogy....
I will NOT comply.