Author Topic: First Lady Melania Trumps Initiative Launch  (Read 6103 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

First Lady Melania Trumps Initiative Launch
« on: May 07, 2018, 08:42:46 pm »
First Lady Melania Trumps Initiative Launch
White House, May 7, 2018, YouTube

! No longer available

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaQWXyU_1dY

Re: First Lady Melania Trumps Initiative Launch
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 08:45:28 pm »
Melania Trump unveils ‘Be Best’ initiative to help kids
Fox News, May 7, 2018

First lady Melania Trump on Monday unveiled her new platform of initiatives to help kids, saying her “Be Best” campaign will focus on addressing the well-being of children, social media use and opioid abuse.

“We can and should be best at educating our children about the importance of a healthy and balanced life,” she said during a speech in the Rose Garden, which was attended by President Trump.

The first lady said social media can both “positively and negatively” affect children.

“Too often it's used in negative ways,” she said. “When children learn positive online behaviors early on, social media can be used in productive ways and can affect positive change.”

Trump has promised to tackle cyberbullying as first lady, hosting major online and social media companies at the White House earlier this year. She’s also brought that message directly to classrooms around the country.

The first lady will “highlight the importance of using social media and the internet in positive ways,” her office said, pointing to a study that claims children who spend more time on new media are more likely to report mental health issues than those who spend time on other activities.

She said she will speak to leaders in the technology industry about children's online habits and raise awareness “around the importance of positive behaviors.”

According to the first lady’s office, the "well-being" pillar of the campaign will promote “healthy living, encouragement, kindness, and respect.”

“With those values as a solid foundation, children will be able to better deal with the evils of the opioid crisis and avoid negative social media interaction,” a fact sheet for the campaign stated.

More:  http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/05/07/melania-trump-unveils-be-best-initiative-to-help-kids.html

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 09:17:44 pm »

« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 09:21:32 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 09:34:59 pm »
"Opioid Abuse."   22222frying pan
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 09:39:34 pm »
"Opioid Abuse."   22222frying pan

And...

According to the first lady’s office, the "well-being" pillar of the campaign will promote “healthy living, encouragement, kindness, and respect.”

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2018, 09:42:53 pm »
"Be Best" Doesn't she have any staff that will correct her poor English?

Offline ABX

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2018, 09:47:09 pm »
From the website.

SOCIAL MEDIA
When children learn positive online behaviors early-on, social media can be used in productive ways and can effect positive change. Mrs. Trump believes that children should be both seen and heard, and it is our responsibility as adults to educate and reinforce to them that when they are using their voices—whether verbally or online—they must choose their words wisely and speak with respect and compassion.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2018, 09:53:15 pm »

And...

I'm more concerned about the Opioid thing.  Real hurt is being done because of this irrational stampede, and this bit is piling on.  Now I have another person I need to to be pissed at.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2018, 10:27:29 pm »
I'm more concerned about the Opioid thing.  Real hurt is being done because of this irrational stampede, and this bit is piling on.  Now I have another person I need to to be pissed at.
@Cyber Liberty

Agree about the opioid med grab, but what does "BE BEST" mean?  Surely there was someone who could write English and come up with two or three words that make sense.  However, if it was Trump coming up with the words, that explains it.  It's time they employ an English teacher and make both go to school, govern the country later.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2018, 10:44:17 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Agree about the opioid med grab, but what does "BE BEST" mean?  Surely there was someone who could write English and come up with two or three words that make sense.  However, if it was Trump coming up with the words, that explains it.  It's time they employ an English teacher and make both go to school, govern the country later.
@Victoria33
To my mind this is just as irrational and controlling as the mooches war on school lunches, I don't give a fig as to the fawning serfs opinion of my statement.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2018, 12:21:16 am »
I guess those haranguing others on Twitter are exempt from this pet project.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2018, 07:11:01 am »
And she's evidently up to the ol' plagiarism tricks again... launching an Obama pamphlet...

https://mobile.twitter.com/RMac18/status/993594942919360513

« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 07:19:03 am by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2018, 07:25:26 am »
@Cyber Liberty

@Victoria33

That's some insult at the first couple, but I'll take defeating ISIS, (see, General Flynn actually says Bush gave rise to these terrorists), bringing North Korea to the negotiation table instead of making threats to blow the world up, instituting pro-life and pro-Christian measures. If things are about comprehension, that shouldn't be so hard to understand.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2018, 07:27:59 am »
And she's evidently up to the ol' plagiarism tricks again... launching an Obama pamphlet...

It's a government brochure, so I'm not sure if your statement is anything more than libel.

@Suppressed

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2018, 10:56:15 am »
It's a government brochure, so I'm not sure if your statement is anything more than libel.

@Suppressed

To claim it as "Melania's initiative" when it's a copy of something already done by others is to steal credit for others' work.  One doesn't have the "initiative" by being an imitator.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2018, 11:00:43 am »
Cyber bullying and opioid abuse are two things that do need to be addressed. I'd hate to be a teen today. I was bullied as a teen and I'm grateful that computers were still in the dinosaur age.

I'll stay optimistic and hope this works. Because something needs to. Wait. HAS to.

P.S. Good morning everyone. It's aa beautiful sunny day here
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2018, 12:20:57 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Wow.  You sure have a hate on for these two people @Victoria33     **nononono*

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2018, 01:16:19 pm »
Adding the "Opioid problem" to this initiative is just going to increase the pressure to cut these life-saving painkillers off from legitimate patients.  I may be ambivalent about the Mr, but I'm developing a real animosity toward the Mrs for taking such a mindless position.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2018, 01:28:56 pm »
To claim it as "Melania's initiative" when it's a copy of something already done by others is to steal credit for others' work.  One doesn't have the "initiative" by being an imitator.

Well, no one has her title for her project, "Be Best", @Suppressed.  Why has that not been used? Because it makes no sense.  She said, “Let us teach our children the difference between right and wrong, and encourage them to BE BEST in their individual paths in life."

The internet is ablaze with Michelle Obama's "Be Better" campaign she had, suggesting M Trump is copying that in her title and yes, M Trump is using a same designed pamphlet Obama used for kids and the internet.

The White House “Talking with Kids about Being Online" as "a booklet by First Lady Melania Trump and the Federal Trade Commission." "Except for an intro, it's exactly the same thing Obama's FTC put out."

Again, doesn't anyone in the White House confer with her about what she is doing?  Using the Obama's pamphlet was bound to cause her problems.

Offline ABX

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2018, 01:38:03 pm »

To be fair, that isn't plagiarism. That's right from the Federal Government Document Style Guide. There is a set standard of templates and style rules for federal government publications (I have to deal with this for some of my day job stuff).

The only thing they both did is use the same template.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2018, 01:45:23 pm »
Wow.  You sure have a hate on for these two people @Victoria33     **nononono*

Do Trump supporters realize how much they sound like Obama supoorters.  Criticize and you are automatically a hater. 

Seems to me Trump supporters read a lot of Alinsky and apply his methods.

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2018, 01:52:13 pm »
Criticize and you are automatically a hater. 

Seems to me Trump supporters read a lot of Alinsky and apply his methods.

I'm not reacting to one or two criticisms @Applewood but to a relentless pattern of criticisms on every thread ... regardless of the topic.

As to your attempt to equate the President's supporters to Alinsky .... this only tells me you don't know shit about either.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 01:55:05 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online GrouchoTex

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2018, 01:54:40 pm »
I guess "Be All That You Can Be" Be was already taken, so "Be Best" was next?  :shrug:

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2018, 01:58:19 pm »
I guess "Be All That You Can Be" Be was already taken, so "Be Best" was next?  :shrug:

What would your suggestion be?  (Serious question)

Online GrouchoTex

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2018, 02:02:09 pm »
What would your suggestion be?  (Serious question)

Good question.

"Strive for greatness"?

"Make Academics Great Again"?

"Never Settle"?

What do you think?

Should we take a poll?