Author Topic: 'Concerned' Evangelicals Plan To Meet With Trump As Sex Scandals Swirl  (Read 9659 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: 'Concerned' Evangelicals Plan To Meet With Trump As Sex Scandals Swirl
« Reply #125 on: April 09, 2018, 03:14:34 pm »
Those who attended Trump University knew the value of Trump's promises. These evangelical leaders deserve every bit of scorn for their hypocrisy involving Trump.

Agree.   They were taken in by the celebrity and notoriety of a TV reality show host and his millions.

They do deserve scorn.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #126 on: April 09, 2018, 04:13:23 pm »
@edpc   These must belong to @RoosGirl   ..... I am very pleased to disclose that I can't even imagine how many pairs of mine would be needed to create that monstrosity.   :laugh:

(But it was a surprisingly funny movie -- even with the corny ending)

Mankinis ain't my thing.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #127 on: April 09, 2018, 04:16:20 pm »
I still have many friends who think God placed Donald Trump.  I really hear it all the time...  They are good people that love the Lord.  But I still believe that thinking God placed Donald Trump is misguided.

I hear that all the time as well, and I chalk it up to biblical ignorance.

While God takes responsibility for everything because He is Sovereign - God often judges a wicked people by letting them decide to do things their own way and pick their own rulers.

It was never God's plan or desire for Israel to have a king.  Yet they demanded one anyway - and God let them have their way.  They chose wicked rulers more often than not- until they were destroyed because they had rejected freedom in the Lord for being ruled by the tyranny of men.

Nothing new under the sun.

Trump is God letting this people choose what they think they want based on their own morality and not His.  Same as Obama.  How come these same people do not ascribe Obama as having been chosen of the Lord? They keep citing the scriptures that God sets up and tears down kingdoms as proof God anointed Trump to be our ruler.  Why does that same idea not apply to Obama, or Clinton?

Biblical ignorance and illiteracy.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #128 on: April 09, 2018, 05:20:02 pm »
How come these same people do not ascribe Obama as having been chosen of the Lord? They keep citing the scriptures that God sets up and tears down kingdoms as proof God anointed Trump to be our ruler.  Why does that same idea not apply to Obama, or Clinton?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #129 on: April 10, 2018, 01:34:07 am »

Exactly and what about other dictators in the world?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #130 on: April 10, 2018, 11:25:02 am »
They were taken in by the celebrity and notoriety of a TV reality show host and his millions.  They do deserve scorn. 

@musiclady

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #132 on: April 10, 2018, 01:03:08 pm »
:laugh:

The judgment is not mine.......... but of course you both know that.  (And nowhere in Scripture are we told not to look at others and not form opinions based on their 'fruits.'  You misquote and misinterpret that passage as all moral liberals do.

Your accusations are an easy out for you in defending the indefensible, but it doesn't work, because in your mockery you are judging me severely based on your own feelings while I am basing my statements about Trump on Scriptural commands.

So you see, your demeaning ad hominems are empty and meaningless, and fall short of your goal of turning me away from Scripture and the moral standards that the Jesus whom you mock demands of us.

So I say to you both.  Stop judging. 

And give up the ridicule.  It fails at all levels.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

« Reply #133 on: April 10, 2018, 01:40:20 pm »

So you see, your demeaning ad hominems are empty and meaningless, and fall short of your goal of turning me away from Scripture and the moral standards that the Jesus whom you mock demands of us. 

So I say to you both.  Stop judging. 

May I pray that Jesus returns to you the same hollow compassion and forgiveness you have bestowed in His name?  @musiclady

« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 01:41:57 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #134 on: April 10, 2018, 02:39:39 pm »
Awesome, using Jesus to insult and ridicule others now.  Just awesome.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #135 on: April 10, 2018, 02:45:44 pm »
May I pray that Jesus returns to you the same hollow compassion and forgiveness you have bestowed in His name? 
That's really tasteless, RiV.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #136 on: April 10, 2018, 03:05:00 pm »

You're too kind.  She swerved right into outright blasphemy.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #137 on: April 10, 2018, 03:19:47 pm »
You're too kind.  She swerved right into outright blasphemy.

Again, I don't see much difference between a rabid Trump supporter and a rabid SJW/Antifa Leftist.  They use the same talking points and do the same insulting bullshit.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #138 on: April 10, 2018, 03:22:17 pm »
Again, I don't see much difference between a rabid Trump supporter and a rabid SJW/Antifa Leftist.  They use the same talking points and do the same insulting bullshit.

You are so right.  I should not have responded about other posters and should have stuck to the topic of this thread.  Sorry, mods....

« Reply #139 on: April 10, 2018, 06:54:14 pm »

Well, from the distance afforded by a few hours .. I would have to agree @mountaineer and add that this was not my finest hour.

But I find myself reading comments from a select few and hoping no one considering Christianity is reading them too.  The hypocrisy is staggering.  The Bible is used as a cosmic threat and the Prince of Peace is the ultimate weapon:  He is quick to anger and judge, insult and ridicule --- and is devoid of compassion, love and mercy.  This is very upsetting to read and one of the reasons I wish we really took talk of religion and religious teaches somewhere else ... like a private thread with a private password.

But none of this changes that you are right.  And I was wrong.  At the very least, it is a lesson in why one should not post when when feeling deeply offended.  So I apologize to all, including @musiclady  and will find a better way to express myself.

Now it's back to the grind for me.    ^-^

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #140 on: April 10, 2018, 07:04:27 pm »
The Bible is used as a cosmic threat and the Prince of Peace is the ultimate weapon:  He is quick to anger and judge, insult and ridicule --- and is devoid of compassion, love and mercy.

That is exactly what we hear from Leftist Hedonists when we tell them to go and sin no more.  The very idea that we would consider behavior sinful is reprehensible to a hedonist, and amusing when they attempt to lecture the biblically literate that Jesus was only about compassion, love and mercy - meaning God embraces the very things He says are an abomination and sinful and will result in the practitioners left out of the Kingdom of God.

This is very upsetting to read and one of the reasons I wish we really took talk of religion and religious teaches somewhere else ... like a private thread with a private password.

Unlike you and a host of others who can keep God and faith in a box and only visit it once a week (or not at all), some of us look at life and live it through the prism of the Bible and our faith.  We are not capable of leaving Him in a box and at home under the bed.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #141 on: April 10, 2018, 07:11:41 pm »
Well, from the distance afforded by a few hours .. I would have to agree @mountaineer and add that this was not my finest hour.

But I find myself reading comments from a select few and hoping no one considering Christianity is reading them too.  The hypocrisy is staggering.  The Bible is used as a cosmic threat and the Prince of Peace is the ultimate weapon:  He is quick to anger and judge, insult and ridicule --- and is devoid of compassion, love and mercy.  This is very upsetting to read and one of the reasons I wish we really took talk of religion and religious teaches somewhere else ... like a private thread with a private password.

But none of this changes that you are right.  And I was wrong.  At the very least, it is a lesson in why one should not post when when feeling deeply offended.  So I apologize to all, including @musiclady  and will find a better way to express myself.

Now it's back to the grind for me.    ^-^

888high58888
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #142 on: April 10, 2018, 07:13:38 pm »
That is exactly what we hear from Leftist Hedonists when we tell them to go and sin no more.  The very idea that we would consider behavior sinful is reprehensible to a hedonist, and amusing when they attempt to lecture the biblically literate that Jesus was only about compassion, love and mercy - meaning God embraces the very things He says are an abomination and sinful and will result in the practitioners left out of the Kingdom of God.

Unlike you and a host of others who can keep God and faith in a box and only visit it once a week (or not at all), some of us look at life and live it through the prism of the Bible and our faith.  We are not capable of leaving Him in a box and at home under the bed.

You're unbelievable!   Truly.    **nononono*   

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #143 on: April 10, 2018, 07:57:59 pm »
You're unbelievable!   Truly.    **nononono*

I know, the concept that anyone actually lives and looks at life through a biblical prism is unbelievable to most in this day and age of compartmentalism.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #144 on: April 10, 2018, 08:01:53 pm »
I know, the concept that anyone actually lives and looks at life through a biblical prism is unbelievable to most in this day and age of compartmentalism.

! No longer available
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #145 on: April 10, 2018, 08:39:30 pm »

You wannbe like 'Charlie' (James Stewart) in Shenandoah http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059711/ , where you claim the fight isn't worth risking the lives of you or your family...until it affects a loved one.

That arrogance makes your ass look big.

It's what I meant the other night.....choose a GD side and stop being an arrogant contrarian.

With a box of crayons and fifteen minutes, even Raymond Babbitt would 'get it'.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 08:40:22 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline DB

« Reply #146 on: April 10, 2018, 08:49:44 pm »
You wannbe like 'Charlie' (James Stewart) in Shenandoah http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059711/ , where you claim the fight isn't worth risking the lives of you or your family...until it affects a loved one.

That arrogance makes your ass look big.

It's what I meant the other night.....choose a GD side and stop being an arrogant contrarian.

With a box of crayons and fifteen minutes, even Raymond Babbitt would 'get it'.

That isn't what he's saying. The "two sides" being offered to choose from are essentially the same. Neither offers a return to our constitutional Republic is the point. A BIG point.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #147 on: April 10, 2018, 09:03:36 pm »
That isn't what he's saying. The "two sides" being offered to choose from are essentially the same. Neither offers a return to our constitutional Republic is the point. A BIG point.

But, he still HAS to choose.  Which was my point.

First they came for the Conservatives....and I didn't speak out.

Then, they came for the Christians...  The End!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #148 on: April 10, 2018, 09:16:42 pm »
You wannbe like 'Charlie' (James Stewart) in Shenandoah, where you claim the fight isn't worth risking the lives of you or your family...until it affects a loved one.

You know NOTHING of the stuff I've done, what it cost me and my family or the risks I have taken in my life for liberty.

That you would equate voting and party loyalty as some kind of measure of whether or not someone would risk everything for liberty is what I have come to expect of Trump fanatics.  Obviously marching in lockstep with your party is decidedly the limit of patriotism, even when your party has proven itself to be apostate from the principles Conservatives are supposed to be beholden to.

I'm not interested in picking 'your side', because it seems to mean that I have to become a Trump cheerleader or be counted as the enemy.

No thanks.

You told us to shut up when we were busy arguing Conservative principles that were being abandoned wholesale for a personality asserted to be the reincarnation of Reagan.

And yet you ridiculed a biblical attribute stated on another thread as 'unbelievable'.  Why would I trust you enough to choose 'your side'?

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #149 on: April 10, 2018, 09:18:41 pm »

We have chosen. We just aren't limited to the binary choice you tell everyone is what exists.