Author Topic: 'Concerned' Evangelicals Plan To Meet With Trump As Sex Scandals Swirl  (Read 9620 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: 'Concerned' Evangelicals Plan To Meet With Trump As Sex Scandals Swirl
« Reply #100 on: April 09, 2018, 02:19:39 am »
@Right_in_Virginia You seem very intent on trying to find a way to insult someone without getting in trouble for insulting someone.  Why don't you just pull your big girl panties on and move along?

Why don't you stop concerning yourself with my panties?

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #101 on: April 09, 2018, 02:23:09 am »
   That's BS @Right_in_Virginia

Sorry @corbe no matter how well intentioned, please don't judge my feelings.   

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #102 on: April 09, 2018, 02:26:05 am »
@Right_in_Virginia You seem very intent on trying to find a way to insult someone without getting in trouble for insulting someone.  Why don't you just pull your big girl panties on and move along?

What if she doesn't wear panties? You could come off sounding pantist.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #103 on: April 09, 2018, 02:27:37 am »
Why don't you stop concerning yourself with my panties?

I will, as soon as you stop looking for another way to insult people.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #104 on: April 09, 2018, 02:28:09 am »
What if she doesn't wear panties? You could come off sounding pantist.

Do. Not. Want.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #105 on: April 09, 2018, 02:33:49 am »
I will, as soon as you stop looking for another way to insult people.

Does passive aggressive count as being insulting?

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #106 on: April 09, 2018, 02:36:25 am »
Does passive aggressive count as being insulting?

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #107 on: April 09, 2018, 02:58:40 am »
Why don't you just pull your big girl panties on and move along?

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online libertybele

« Reply #108 on: April 09, 2018, 11:23:27 am »
Before "someone" gets us locked out of another thread ... getting back on topic ...

I see a lot of irony in Evangelicals now coming out with concern about Trump and his sexcapades.  Where were they when he was caught on microphone with making lewd comments about women; bragging in vulgar terms about kissing, groping and trying to have sex with them, saying that “when you’re a star, they let you do it,”??  They gave him a free pass.  They continued to back him. Why? Why did Falwell back him even after Trump stated that he need not ask God for forgiveness because he never does anything wrong?

The evangelicals that stood behind Trump are hypocrites.  I am not surprised, most evangelicals that I have encountered are hypocrites and quite despicable. With most of them, they certainly don't practice Christianity, they only preach to get what they want for themselves.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #109 on: April 09, 2018, 12:08:51 pm »
Before "someone" gets us locked out of another thread ... getting back on topic ...

I see a lot of irony in Evangelicals now coming out with concern about Trump and his sexcapades.  Where were they when he was caught on microphone with making lewd comments about women; bragging in vulgar terms about kissing, groping and trying to have sex with them, saying that “when you’re a star, they let you do it,”??  They gave him a free pass.  They continued to back him. Why? Why did Falwell back him even after Trump stated that he need not ask God for forgiveness because he never does anything wrong?

The evangelicals that stood behind Trump are hypocrites.  I am not surprised, most evangelicals that I have encountered are hypocrites and quite despicable. With most of them, they certainly don't practice Christianity, they only preach to get what they want for themselves.

What bothered me the most about the Evangelicals the most is that in 2012 they attacked Mitt Romney not on policy, but because he was a 'Mormon'.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #110 on: April 09, 2018, 12:15:14 pm »

What bothered me the most about the Evangelicals the most is that in 2012 they attacked Mitt Romney not on policy, but because he was a 'Mormon'.

Yup.  It was all out slash and burn warfare on the Mormons or anyone that defended them at TOS in 2012.   It was really ugly to see.  I imagine it's quite like what the Catholics went through in the run up to Kennedy being elected.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online libertybele

« Reply #111 on: April 09, 2018, 12:24:02 pm »

So, then, in general, what side of the political spectrum are they on? Certainly, not conservative, yet for the most part they would have you believe that they are Christian conservatives.  In actuality, I have found most to be far from Christian, but self-serving Bible-banging hypocrites.  What they have displayed in the past several election cycles is a lean towards liberalism.

Many here have scorned Romney, but I believe he would have made a really good president and most certainly would have taken us in a much better direction than Bammy did.  Romney was absolutely correct when he named Russia/Putin as one of our largest geopolitical foes.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #112 on: April 09, 2018, 12:50:01 pm »
So, then, in general, what side of the political spectrum are they on? Certainly, not conservative, yet for the most part they would have you believe that they are Christian conservatives.  In actuality, I have found most to be far from Christian, but self-serving Bible-banging hypocrites.  What they have displayed in the past several election cycles is a lean towards liberalism.

Many here have scorned Romney, but I believe he would have made a really good president and most certainly would have taken us in a much better direction than Bammy did.  Romney was absolutely correct when he named Russia/Putin as one of our largest geopolitical foes.

I don't know anymore. The Evangelicals from what I have remember are different today.  I think they want Big Government.

I agree. I think he could have done things a bit different and if it wasn't for Chris Christie bromance with Obama, Romney could have won and the country would have been in a difference direction.  He was right about a lot things, people failed to listen.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #113 on: April 09, 2018, 12:54:10 pm »
Yup.  It was all out slash and burn warfare on the Mormons or anyone that defended them at TOS in 2012.   It was really ugly to see.  I imagine it's quite like what the Catholics went through in the run up to Kennedy being elected.

I imagine the Catholics went through hell but not as bad due to no social media. I foresee a future where we are going to see someone who is from non traditional faith run for President. I'm talking some who practices Judaism, Sikh, Hinduism, or whatever floats their boat, and they good could be a good Conservative as well.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #114 on: April 09, 2018, 01:05:50 pm »

I imagine the Catholics went through hell but not as bad due to no social media.

@kevindavis

At least with social media a lot of the innuendo and outright fear mongering ("If Kennedy is elected he's going to take his marching orders from the Vatican!") could have been dissipated.  But before media deregulation and the internet...the MSM had a choke hold on what people learned about as "news".

I foresee a future where we are going to see someone who is from non traditional faith run for President. I'm talking some who practices Judaism, Sikh, Hinduism, or whatever floats their boat, and they good could be a good Conservative as well.

I agree
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #115 on: April 09, 2018, 01:51:22 pm »
@kevindavis

At least with social media a lot of the innuendo and outright fear mongering ("If Kennedy is elected he's going to take his marching orders from the Vatican!") could have been dissipated.  But before media deregulation and the internet...the MSM had a choke hold on what people learned about as "news".

That is true..

I agree

But will the Evangelicals realize it?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #116 on: April 09, 2018, 02:40:34 pm »

I still have many friends who think God placed Donald Trump.  I really hear it all the time.  I do let them know what I think is wrong but try to hold my tongue because they are good friends of mine.  I didn't think Trump was the man.  I think that someone running for President needs to be moral and sound judgment.  Trump is all over the place.  One scandal after another.  Firing all the time.

When he does good I will say it, and when he does bad I will say it.  I don't like to think of my friends as hypocrites.  They are good people that love the Lord.  But I still believe that thinking God placed Donald Trump is misguided.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #117 on: April 09, 2018, 02:42:03 pm »

But will the Evangelicals realize it?

The rank and file will...the leadership that have cast their lot with Trump for whatever reason...being it political influence or money...probably won't care.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #118 on: April 09, 2018, 02:50:47 pm »

I don't know anymore. The Evangelicals from what I have remember are different today.  I think they want Big Government.

I agree. I think he could have done things a bit different and if it wasn't for Chris Christie bromance with Obama, Romney could have won and the country would have been in a difference direction.  He was right about a lot things, people failed to listen.

Catholic church definitely is on the side of Big Government. Rank and file are not, at least at my parish. We grew from 400 families (25 years ago) to over 8,000 today, mainly on the strength of our first Monsignor, who spoke truth to power. Since his passing ten years ago, our next two parish priests have strayed from that message.

As for Mitt, it wasn't his faith that kept me from voting for him, it was MittCare.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #119 on: April 09, 2018, 02:58:50 pm »

@edpc   These must belong to @RoosGirl   ..... I am very pleased to disclose that I can't even imagine how many pairs of mine would be needed to create that monstrosity.   :laugh:

(But it was a surprisingly funny movie -- even with the corny ending)

Offline musiclady

« Reply #120 on: April 09, 2018, 02:59:47 pm »
The rank and file will...the leadership that have cast their lot with Trump for whatever reason...being it political influence or money...probably won't care.

I think the bottom line is political power.  The "evangelical leaders" climbed into bed with Trump because they thought they'd have more clout and more perks with him than with Clinton (and they will).

Unfortunately, many of the rank and file are non-thinking, and non Bible studying, and followed the leaders into a moral abyss.

(I'm not talking about the many who voted for Trump with tears in their eyes because Hillary was worse.  I'm talking about those who followed pastors into the voting booth without giving the problem a single thought........... and there were a lot of those).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #121 on: April 09, 2018, 03:01:20 pm »
I still have many friends who think God placed Donald Trump.  I really hear it all the time.  I do let them know what I think is wrong but try to hold my tongue because they are good friends of mine.  I didn't think Trump was the man.  I think that someone running for President needs to be moral and sound judgment.  Trump is all over the place.  One scandal after another.  Firing all the time.

When he does good I will say it, and when he does bad I will say it.  I don't like to think of my friends as hypocrites.  They are good people that love the Lord.  But I still believe that thinking God placed Donald Trump is misguided.

Trump was, and is, the vessel for millions who wanted to give the middle digit to Washington. Once that decision was made, i.e. to get on the Trump Train, there was no turning back. You can see that in the responses from virulent Trump supporters on TBR...if you're a "Never Trumper", then you "deserve" vilification as a traitor to the country, because the alternative (Hillary) was so bad.

Meh, Trump is serving a useful purpose, by shaking up the status quo, as many legislators are rediscovering the separation of powers in our federal government, and governors are rediscovering the value of the 10th Amendment.

The Republican Party has little to show for the gains they made during the Obama years, mainly due to the malfeasance of their leadership: Ryan & McConnell are the two main culprits, though I'm not forgetting about Hastert, a truly vile human being. I guess in that context, i.e. comparing Trump to Hastert, the Donald looks much better in comparison from a moral standpoint.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #122 on: April 09, 2018, 03:03:29 pm »
@edpc   These must belong to @RoosGirl   ..... I am very pleased to disclose that I can't even imagine how many pairs of mine would be needed to create that monstrosity.   :laugh:

(But it was a surprisingly funny movie -- even with the corny ending)

I’m not the biggest Jack Black fan.  In fact, my favorite role of his is in The Jackal, because of his fate.  However, I did LOL at parts of Shallow Hal.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #123 on: April 09, 2018, 03:06:39 pm »
I think the bottom line is political power.  The "evangelical leaders" climbed into bed with Trump because they thought they'd have more clout and more perks with him than with Clinton (and they will).

Unfortunately, many of the rank and file are non-thinking, and non Bible studying, and followed the leaders into a moral abyss.

(I'm not talking about the many who voted for Trump with tears in their eyes because Hillary was worse.  I'm talking about those who followed pastors into the voting booth without giving the problem a single thought........... and there were a lot of those).

Those who attended Trump University knew the value of Trump's promises. These evangelical leaders deserve every bit of scorn for their hypocrisy involving Trump.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #124 on: April 09, 2018, 03:08:02 pm »

I’m not the biggest Jack Black fan.  In fact, my favorite role of his is in The Jackal, because of his fate.  However, I did LOL at parts of Shallow Hal.

I'm not a big Jack Black fan either, but I thought he was hilarious in Tropic Thunder.