Author Topic: Only 10% of March for Our Lives ‘student’ protesters were under 18, study shows  (Read 591 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
I'm shocked and I am sure you are too.  How could this be?  ,/s

Only 10% of March for Our Lives ‘student’ protesters were under 18, study shows
University of Maryland researcher finds average age was 49

By Valerie Richardson - The Washington Times - Thursday, March 29, 2018
It turns out the young people reportedly flocking to last weekend’s March for Our Lives were actually pretty old.

Only about 10 percent of those who attended the gun control rally in Washington, D.C., were under 18, and the average age of marchers was 49, according to research by a University of Maryland sociology professor Dana R. Fisher.*

“Contrary to what’s been reported in many media accounts, the D.C. March for Our Lives crowd was not primarily made up of teenagers. Only about 10 percent of the participants were under 18,” said Ms. Fisher in a Wednesday op-ed in The Washington Post.

“The average age of the adults in the crowd was just under 49 years old, which is older than participants at the other marches I’ve surveyed but similar to the age of the average participant at the Million Moms March in 2000, which was also about gun control,” she said.

Her team randomly selected 256 participants at the Saturday protest at the National Mall area as part of her ongoing American Resistance project.

The march was widely billed as a student-driven push for gun control, spurred by the Feb. 14 shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, which left 17 dead.

Media outlets referred to “students demonstrating for change,” “student marchers” and the “student movement” in reports on the Saturday rally, which drew large crowds in major cities nationwide.

While a number of Parkland students spoke at the event, the rally “had the allure of a free concert,” said Ms. Fisher, adding that the website included the names of performers like Ariana Grande but not the speakers.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/mar/29/only-10-march-our-lives-student-protesters-were-un/

*Fisher article
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2018/03/28/heres-who-actually-attended-the-march-for-our-lives-no-it-wasnt-mostly-young-people/
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 06:30:09 pm by Wingnut »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Frank Cannon

Of that 10% only 2% were not there to get laid.

Offline WingNot

Of that 10% only 2% were not there to get laid.

Faux empathy is in the top 5 for cons for getting young lads laid. 

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Antifa's got to moonlight in the off season don't they?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Frank Cannon

Faux empathy is in the top 5 for cons for getting young lads laid.

A bunch of us Frat brothers headed to some bullshit ERA type protest back in the day just to score. It worked.....primarily because we had decent drugs.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I think I also heard that only 12% of the marchers were on their first protest march.

Offline WingNot

A bunch of us Frat brothers headed to some bullshit ERA type protest back in the day just to score. It worked.....primarily because we had decent drugs.

OooH   I like it.  The ERA was big.  Burn a bra type stuff!  We are women we wont shave ....
For us it was "Earth Day" "save the Planet" crapola.  We'd buddy up to their causes and damn if a "spontanious" kegger didn't spring up!

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Sounds better than those Panty Raids we partaken.  My roomate caught a Size 16, and almost vomitted.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher

OooH   I like it.  The ERA was big.  Burn a bra type stuff!  We are women we wont shave ....
For us it was "Earth Day" "save the Planet" crapola.  We'd buddy up to their causes and damn if a "spontanious" kegger didn't spring up!

Remember a lot of Bralessness say '73-78.  Nothing like the heat and humidity of a SE Texas summer to accentuate the high points of that movement.