Author Topic: Can Trump win back his base after signing the abominable spending bill? By Thomas Lifson  (Read 1706 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
@Free Vulcan

I can't speak for @musiclady, but the article and the thread speak to Trump's involvement, so he's the one being discussed here.  IMO, most of his base will stick with him no matter what he does.  Some of them will make excuses, others will get upset and rail a little, but they'll get over it.

Has anyone at TBR screamed that Trump is mean and evil and they hate him?  To me, the claim is a little hyperbolic, don't you think?

I don't hate Trump, and I don't hate Ryan and McConnell.  Dislike?  Yeah, that.

There are those of the neverTrumper crowd that want to put this all on the President. You can't call yourself conservative if you don't even have the basic knowledge of how our Constitutional Republic runs, such as separate but equal branches and how legislation is passed.

So anyone taking the opportunity to use this to take shots at Trump while ignoring that fact, I'd say has a bit of irrational obsession and dare I say it, hatred.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

..... Neither God, or the laws of economics are mocked.

How, exactly, was God mocked?

Offline musiclady

True, but this mess falls equally on McConnell and Ryan. The hyperbolic seizure from the 'I HATE TRUMP, I HATE HIM I HATE HIM I HATE HIM, HE'S SO MEAN AND EVIL AND A BAD BAD MAN!!!' crowd seems to not spreadl to the the leadership in Congress that oversaw the crafting of the bill and the passing of it in their chambers.

I question the conservatism of the never-Trumpers who can't seem to get equally riled at the other two shysters involved in this debacle.

I don’t know of any conservatives who disapprove of Trump who haven’t disapproved of “Republican leadership “ long before this.

If you can name a single person who fits your description I’d appreciate it.

As far as I know the dreaded NTs on this forum disapprove of all liberalism whether it comes from Trump, McCain, McConnell or any other representative who doesn’t represent us.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 12:28:44 am by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

There are those of the neverTrumper crowd that want to put this all on the President. You can't call yourself conservative if you don't even have the basic knowledge of how our Constitutional Republic runs, such as separate but equal branches and how legislation is passed.

So anyone taking the opportunity to use this to take shots at Trump while ignoring that fact, I'd say has a bit of irrational obsession and dare I say it, hatred.

Once again, name one.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
How, exactly, was God mocked?

If you don't know, then there's no point in explaining it to you.

Consequences come regardless whether you are ignorant and cognizant of them, or not.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I despise all three of them, even moreso than I do the Democrats.

At least the Democrats are honest about what they intend to do to their victims.

These three bastards promised and promised and promised and campaigned, campaigned and campaigned to stop, end and repeal root and branch, the crap Obama and the Democrats have done.

Instead, these three have made the Obama, Clinton and Democrat Agenda their own, and crafted their own deals in secret with the Democrats in thousand-page omnibus bills no one had the time to read before voting it into "law".

I despise them all and they make me sick.  They are beyond loathsome, and they and their party I hope meet the just deserts they have sown for themselves.

Unfortunately, they will take us all out with them when the consequences of what they have done to stab us in the heart from the back come to fruition.

Neither God, or the laws of economics are mocked.

You really need to review your meds.   I'm worried about you. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
You really need to review your meds.   I'm worried about you.

You worry about yourself there pretty boy.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline LMAO

I agree with what you wrote here.

I just wish there were more people in DC who at least pretended to care that we are 21 trillion in debt and rising :shrug:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy