Author Topic: James Woods Blasts Trump, ‘RINO Wimps’ Over Omnibus Budget Surrender  (Read 8022 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
No way he can sell this. He caved and threw us under the bus. There is no way around that.
The only way he wins back his base is by admitting he screwed up and declaring war on the GOP
leadership that negotiated this horrible bill.

As I've posted on Twitter, no one stand in the breach for a coward and Trump is not looking
like a profile in courage right now. He needs to be the man we voted for and not another
swamp thing.

:thumbsup:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
He needs to be the man we voted for and not another
swamp thing.

He IS the man you voted for.  He knows why you are angry.  Don't condemn him for being unable to do the impossible.   He says he needs a line-item veto.  He says he needs the Senate to get rid of the filibuster rule.   The President only has so much effective ability to address these omnibus spending bills.  They are creatures of the swamp, and the President doesn't have the tools to tame Congress.   Here,  Trump's priority was achieved - money needed for the military -  and he had to accept all the swamp pork to get it.   He complained about the bill and the incestuous process that produced it before he signed it - but he had no effective choice but to sign it. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
He IS the man you voted for.  He knows why you are angry.  Don't condemn him for being unable to do the impossible.   He says he needs a line-item veto.  He says he needs the Senate to get rid of the filibuster rule.   The President only has so much effective ability to address these omnibus spending bills.  They are creatures of the swamp, and the President doesn't have the tools to tame Congress.   Here,  Trump's priority was achieved - money needed for the military -  and he had to accept all the swamp pork to get it.   He complained about the bill and the incestuous process that produced it before he signed it - but he had no effective choice but to sign it.

He could have vetoed it, that was a choice too.  Instead, he now owns it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

More than that...we own it...

I guess Trump was right..he could publically murder someone on 5th Ave and his followers would turn the other way....

This is just unbelievable to me how these so-called conservatives can twist all logic and approve of this bill and I am tired of the for the Military excuse....do you think since he signed it yesterday all orders for armament was placed yesterday..lol
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
He IS the man you voted for.  He knows why you are angry.  Don't condemn him for being unable to do the impossible.   He says he needs a line-item veto.  He says he needs the Senate to get rid of the filibuster rule.   The President only has so much effective ability to address these omnibus spending bills.  They are creatures of the swamp, and the President doesn't have the tools to tame Congress.

For better or worse, there are good reasons he doesn't have the tools.  Congress has power over spending, so forget the line item veto.  It's already been ruled unconstitutional.  Congress is not going to pass an amendment to make it so.  Senate rules aren't going to change, because neither party wants to be leveraged by their respective bases when they're in the majority.  They also don't want coalitions formed to ram through legislation against leadership wishes.  The slim majority held in the Senate now would make amnesty and major 2A restrictions possible.  However, we're completely aware you're fine with that.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

For better or worse, there are good reasons he doesn't have the tools.  Congress has power over spending, so forget the line item veto.  It's already been ruled unconstitutional.  Congress is not going to pass an amendment to make it so.  Senate rules aren't going to change, because neither party wants to be leveraged by their respective bases when they're in the majority.  They also don't want coalitions formed to ram through legislation against leadership wishes.  The slim majority held in the Senate now would make amnesty and major 2A restrictions possible.  However, we're completely aware you're fine with that.

I never said I was fine with that.  I am merely defending the President from the cannibals on his own side.   

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Of course he had a choice.  He prioritized funding of the military at the expense of taking a hit with social conservatives over domestic spending.   We'll see what the political consequences are.  To me, he did the right thing, the damned difficult but necessary thing.   
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 11:11:38 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I never said I was fine with that.  I am merely defending the President from the cannibals on his own side.

I'm talking about amnesty and 2A restrictions.  You've made your views on that known on many other threads.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline aligncare

Agree. I’m not about to abandon Trump.

What? I’m supposed to stamp my feet because President Trump did what every republican and democrat president has done, added to the debt? In your lifetime name the president who shrank the debt?

Only one year gone by. So I’m not wringing my hands just yet. There’s more to do to repair decades of government mismanagement and arrogance, capped off by Obama’s two dreadful terms.

Offline DB

Agree. I’m not about to abandon Trump.

What? I’m supposed to stamp my feet because President Trump did what every republican and democrat president has done, added to the debt? In your lifetime name the president who shrank the debt?

Only one year gone by. So I’m not wringing my hands just yet. There’s more to do to repair decades of government mismanagement and arrogance, capped off by Obama’s two dreadful terms.

I thought the point of this President was he didn't do what all other recent Presidents have done. That he could stand up to the way it has been done in the swamp and change course when the chips are down.

But all he actually did was spend more and tax less. Isn't that in truth the easiest possible thing to do in Washington? Obama was a little more honest by raising taxes while he went on his spending spree. But Trump is going full blown populace, spend now pay later. A nice short term joy ride to be paid for another day.

There's no merit in that.

Silver Pines

Then you also know I am aware of how the man handles setbacks.  And this is why I haven't lost faith in the President.

But, alas, rational thinking never gets the headlines.  "Murdering  infants" hyperbole always wins.   :shrug:

@Right_in_Virginia

Like I said, faith in politicians is misplaced.

What's irrational--or inaccurate---about "murdering infants?"  That's what occurs.   Anyway, you're going to talk about hyperbole as a Trump/Breitbart consumer?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
and tax less.

No, not tax less.  Reduce tax rates.   Allow folks to keep more of what they earn,  invest it themselves,  grow their situations, and ultimately pay more in taxes.   I understand that the Republicans' tax rate cut has not reduced revenue at all.   There's a dynamic effect to keeping more money in the economy.

Spending is, of course, a problem.  But all the pork barrel stuff is pocket change compared to entitlements.  Entitlement reform is the key to our fiscal health.   

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
First you have to figure out which side is his side, especially when he cowards up and caves in. He should have had the balls to stick to his word and veto the damn thing........period! But apparently with the great deal maker it's not the buck stops here it's Buck? What Buck?

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Upthread, a member asked What military emergency?

Well, we Had NK slinging missiles and threatening Nuclear War, as China's undeclared proxy over Trump's direction of 'Fair Trade' rather than 'Free Trade' (giving away the store). The missiles have stopped flying.

We Have the Super Carrier Carl Vinson Battle group patrolling the South China Sea.

NK's Kim offered to surrender his nukes. I pointed it out and was told 'That's BS! He'll do no such thing. Just jerk us around.'

Trump's tariff scheme included $50 Billion on imported steel and aluminum from China.

China promised 'real consequences', and then hit us with only $3 Billion worth of tariffs in return.

We have the NK/Iran collusion, and Bammy giving Iran Nukes.

So, yeah, we Do need to be the baddest of global junkyard dogs.

And we Did have Trump say 'Enough of this 39 flavors of Gender Identity Roulette in our Military.' JUST RECENTLY. That could, and Should, have been done a year ago. Why now, just before the spending bill?

Not saying this Excuses the Spending Bill.

Just thinking out loud that our fat may well actually Be in the fire.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-03-24/diplomacy-peace-or-preparations-war
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 06:48:33 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Here,  Trump's priority was achieved - money needed for the military -  and he had to accept all the swamp pork to get it.   

This excuse being parroted is beyond horrific bullshit being parroted by Trump's new Leftist pals and his True Believers.

Trump just signed a 700 BILLION DOLLAR Military Budget into law on February 9th, the largest budget they have ever received - a little over a month ago.

The budget bill that President Donald Trump signed Friday includes huge spending increases for the military: The Pentagon will get $94 billion more this budget year than last -- a 15.5 percent jump. It's the biggest year-over-year windfall since the budget soared by 26.6 percent, from $345 billion in 2002 to $437 billion the year after, when the nation was fighting in Afghanistan, invading Iraq and expanding national defense after the 9/11 attacks.

The enormous increases in defense spending agreed to by lawmakers on Friday go beyond what Trump ask for.

The deal Congress approved early Friday also sets the Pentagon's 2019 budget at $716 billion, giving Mattis the financial stability he's been demanding.

The biggest winners in the military buildup are the country's largest defense contractors, such as Lockheed Martin, Boeing and General Dynamics, that spend millions of dollars each year lobbying Congress.

So Trump boldfaced lied to us on Friday, and his rabid hordes of acolytes lapped it up and are running with it, thinking most of us are going to go with the propaganda about money for the military as a passable excuse for the 1.3 Trillion Democrat spendaholic bill Trump signed on Friday.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

What? I’m supposed to stamp my feet because President Trump did what every republican and democrat president has done, added to the debt?
Only if you voted for change. 
If you voted for the Establishment you should be satisfied.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Only if you voted for change. 
If you voted for the Establishment you should be satisfied.

A military ready for anything in the 21st century is a significant change. 

Sorry if fixing another one of Obama's miserable attempts to harm this nation isn't good enough for you.   :shrug:

Online Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia

Like I said, faith in politicians is misplaced.

What's irrational--or inaccurate---about "murdering infants?"  That's what occurs.   Anyway, you're going to talk about hyperbole as a Trump/Breitbart consumer?

Are you suggesting I should have faith in you instead? 

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
And why is John Bolton in at the same time?

Bolton is decidedly Anti North Korea.

I'm having this sickening feeling that Something nasty with big, sharp teeth has landed on Someone's Intel Briefing pile.

Without our money and our market to sell their goods to, which should be goods We manufacture, the Chi-Com Party and Chi-Com military implode.

And you can thank whoever you'd like in Congress for making it so by Taxing Our Jobs and Our Manufacturers out of America and Into China.

The Corporate Income Tax Defines Treason.

It created today's Communist China.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 11:06:12 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Axeslinger

Are you suggesting I should have faith in you instead?
@Right_in_Virginia

Nope, we’re all waiting for you to have the intellectual honesty to show us ONE instance where you’ve criticized Trump.  I mean surely he wore the wrong color tie one day or ugly shoes or something? As I said earlier, given your sullied reputation here as nothing but a sycophant, it would seem you would relish the opportunity to prove us all wrong.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 11:42:01 am by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
@Right_in_Virginia

Nope, we’re all waiting for you to have the intellectual honesty to show us ONE instance where you’ve criticized Trump.  I mean surely he wore the wrong color tie one day or ugly shoes or something? As I said earlier, given your sullied reputation here as nothing but a sycophant, it would seem you would relish the opportunity to prove us all wrong.

You mean....you mean.......   that Orangeisism may be a religion?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia

Nope, we’re all waiting for you to have the intellectual honesty to show us ONE instance where you’ve criticized Trump. 

Nope, have the intellectual honesty to admit you're all waiting for me to follow you blindly and throw the President under the bus.

Get comfortable @Axeslinger .... you're going to have a long wait.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 12:17:05 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Axeslinger

Nope, have the intellectual honesty to admit you're all waiting for me to follow you blindly and throw the President under the bus.

Get comfortable @Axeslinger .... you're going to have a long wait.

@Right_in_Virginia

I want no such thing, you’re being presumptuous again and trying to turn this back on me.

Thank you for admitting what you are. Nothing more than a fawning sycophant with the sullied reputation of such.

Game...set....match

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Online Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia

I want no such thing, you’re being presumptuous again and trying to turn this back on me.

It IS on you @Axeslinger   Your presumption about me shows you don't know what you're talking about.  But you sure do judge anyway.

Personally, I am rather sick of it.  So please take the feeding frenzy away from me.  I'm done with it.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 12:33:06 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Axeslinger

It IS on you @Axeslinger   Your presumption about me shows you don't know what you're talking about.  But you sure do judge anyway.

Personally, I am rather sick of it.  So please take the feeding frenzy away from me.
@Right_in_Virginia

I’m sure you are sick of it.  But you know what? You go all over these threads and lambast as NTs anyone who says anything negative about Trump.  Sucks to be on the receiving end, doesn’t it? 

I have no presumption about you whatsoever...it’s on display here Day after Day after Day.  I’m offering you an olive branch...just show us ONE instance where you’ve criticized Trump...you can still bow in fealty to him, I don’t care a lick...but if you want to have any semblance of credibility as anything other than a worthless sycophant: show us ONE time where you’ve criticized him.   It’s a TINY request, really.