Author Topic: James Woods Blasts Trump, ‘RINO Wimps’ Over Omnibus Budget Surrender  (Read 8026 times)

Offline jpsb

Oh Please!...don't turn this into we oppose our military.

Trump should have vetoed this garbage and called back all of Congress to get this Bill done right..where is the courage and bravado he sowed during the campaign.

And don't tell me he was under the gun to get this signed...let the government shut down. I and his base would have loved it...all he had to do was address the the American people and read what was in the bill...oh wait..no one read it!

@mystery-ak

You are 100% correct. This was the perfect time to have the head to head battle with the deep
state. Yeah the media, Dems and RINOs would raise hell but Trump base would have held the line.
In the end it would have forced Mitch to do away with that stupid fillibuster rule that allow the Dems
to control the Seanate. Then Trump would have gotten a conservative spending bill. Instead he
caved. I'm sure the rest of the world noticed that too. Things just got more dangerous for
everyone.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

When? No one in congress had time to read the bill before voting on it.

During the creation of it, but even after receiving, he should have vetoed and worked with them on a real budget.

If he was everything we were promised he was, that's exactly what he would have done.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
@mystery-ak

You are 100% correct. This was the perfect time to have the head to head battle with the deep
state. Yeah the media, Dems and RINOs would raise hell but Trump base would have held the line.
In the end it would have forced Mitch to do away with that stupid fillibuster rule that allow the Dems
to control the Seanate. Then Trump would have gotten a conservative spending bill. Instead he
caved. I'm sure the rest of the world noticed that too. Things just got more dangerous for
everyone.

Exactly..Trump missed a huge opportunity by not sticking to his guns and forcing Congress to fix this....his base would have been overjoyed along with those of us who want to curb spending.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

When? No one in congress had time to read the bill before voting on it.

This is not quite true to say no on has read it.  The negotiations on it have taken place over the last six months and the White House legislative staff has been part of the process.  They've been completely aware of what will be included.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 03:42:28 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@DCPatriot @Right_in_Virginia

You both can feel free to look at my posts, I have given him credit where he has earned it.  Can either of you show where you’ve criticized him without making excuses for him?

Defensive much?

Offline jpsb

Exactly. If he was such a great negotiating zen master, he would have sat down at the table and line by line worked through this with Congress. He has been too busy tweeting and golfing.

There might be a little truth to that. One thing is for sure, he did not pay attention to this spending
bill when it was being drafted. Whoever is his liaison to Congress they need to be fired.

I see one way out of this mess for Trump. He needs to apologize to his base and admit he
seriously screwed up. Stop trying to spin this and stop lying about it funds The Wall. Next he
needs to call out  Mitch and Ryan by name as the deep state agents they are. Then he needs to
fire just about all the senior leadership at DOJ/FBI/CIA/IRS and State. After that order Sessions to
appoint a second special counselor.  Then launch an all out war on RINO in Congress an force
the Senate to get rid of the cloture rule. In short stop being a con man and start fighting.

If he does not do something like the above he is toast. Be the man we elected not the wimp you
now appear to be.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 03:46:59 pm by jpsb »

Exactly..Trump missed a huge opportunity by not sticking to his guns and forcing Congress to fix this....his base would have been overjoyed along with those of us who want to curb spending.

I don't know @mystery-ak

When I read about the deepening ties of the newest trifecta:  U.S., Saudi Arabia and Israel,  I have to wonder how close we are to conflict --- no matter how limited ---- with Iran.  Add Bolton into this mix and the odds shoot up.

There may be an urgency to the build-up of our military and this concerns me more than a temporary six month setback with Congress.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 03:49:17 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Applewood

NevewrTrumpers are irrelevant. They took themselves out of the game and voted for someone
that did not have a snowballs chance in hell of winning. Effectively supporting Hillary. Trump did
not need the NTers and they are pissed off about that. Screw them.

Trump got rolled and caved. I think DoD Mattis threatened to resign if Trump did not sign.
Whatever the reason Trump just effectively ended his presidency. That should make all the
NeverTrumpers very happy. The Rats are now in control will impeach Trump in 2019 when they
take the House and Senate. NTers should be overjoyed at the prospect.

But if the Rats are smart they will not impeach Trump. Doing so would make him a martyr and the
push back might just be big enough to reelect him. The smart play is to just leave him alone as a
failed president. It is really sad to see Trump go down without even a fight.

One thing we'd learned is that most of the GOP is utterly worthless. I used to think the GOP could
be saved. I no longer do. My Rep voted no as did my senator Cruz, so rather then sit out
2018 I'll go a vote for them. But them only, the rest of my ballot stay blank.

Yesterday, you were not happy with Trump.  Today you are back to spouting the same tired nonsense about those who didn't (and still don't) bow down before almighty Trump.  This spending spree bill is garbage, you know it, but it's all the fault of congress and us "Never Trumpers." 

Your hero presumably knows what he signed, he signed it anyway, but it's all everyone else's fault, not Trump's.    How did he get "rolled?" 

If he didn't know what was in this bill -- again, why?  Isn't he supposed to be the take-charge, art-of-the-deal guy?  Where was he when all the negotiating over this bill was going on?  As president, he is, for all practical purposes, the leader of his party.  Did he do anything to lead, or did he just sit on the sidelines? 

As someone who did not vote for Trump, I'm tired of watching him and his supporters blaming non-supporters, Republicans, Democrats -- everyone but Trump for his failures to live up to his hype.  Supporters should know he failed them.  He lied to them.  He broke his promises to them.  And all the excuses and finger-pointing will not change any of  that.

As someone who did not vote for Trump, I'm tired of watching him and his supporters blaming non-supporters, Republicans, Democrats -- everyone but Trump for his failures to live up to his hype. 

Sounds like you're missing the days of King George.

Offline endicom

This is not quite true to say no on has read it.  The negotiations on it have taken place over the last six months and the White House legislative staff has been part of the process.  They've been completely aware of what will be included.

Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) likewise disapproved, calling the 2,232-page bill “a disaster” ahead of the vote.

“It’s the very thing that we belittled Nancy Pelosi over, when she said ‘we have to pass the bill to see what’s in it,’” he said. “You have a 2,200-page bill . . . and you got 24 hours, maybe 36 — it’s just, it’s insane. It’s no way to govern.”

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2018/03/23/republicans-blast-spending-bill-n2463968

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I don't know @mystery-ak

When I read about the deepening ties of the newest trifecta:  U.S., Saudi Arabia and Israel,  I have to wonder how close we are to conflict --- no matter how limited ---- with Iran.  Add Bolton into this mix and the odds shoot up.

There may be an urgency to the build-up of our military and this concerns me more than a temporary six month setback with Congress.

There is an urgency..eight years of Obama decimated the military...waiting just a couple more days wouldn't have changed a thing.

Take it to the people Trump..you have the bully pulpit..use it!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

@Right_in_Virginia

Like you said elsewhere, you haven’t lost a drop of faith in Trump.  But the core of believers who place faith in a politician and seek to deflect all blame away from him is shrinking.  Washington Republicans and Trump—-they all suck. 

Thanks to their cowardice, we’ll keep paying Planned Parenthood to murder infants.

Then you also know I am aware of how the man handles setbacks.  And this is why I haven't lost faith in the President.

But, alas, rational thinking never gets the headlines.  "Murdering  infants" hyperbole always wins.   :shrug:

Offline Applewood

No, I miss presidents like Harry Truman, who had a sign on his desk saying, "the buck stops here." 

There is an urgency..eight years of Obama decimated the military...waiting just a couple more days wouldn't have changed a thing.

@mystery-ak    We have no way of knowing what would have changed.  Most importantly there would be no guarantee the increase in military spending would have made it through to the next bill.

This increase appears to be too crucial to risk.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Take it to the people Trump..you have the bully pulpit..use it!

That's what the Defense Budget bill he signed in December was supposed to fix. $700 Billion just a few months ago.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-trump-military-budget-20171212-story.html

They keep hanging 'security' over our heads like Damocles's dagger always asking for more, more, more- never even putting that to account. December's bill was supposed to be the annual Appropriation and supposed to fix the prior supposed 'gutting' yet here we are, asking for, no taking more...

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
That's what the Defense Budget bill he signed in December was supposed to fix. $700 Billion just a few months ago.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-trump-military-budget-20171212-story.html

They keep hanging 'security' over our heads like Damocles's dagger always asking for more, more, more- never even putting that to account. December's bill was supposed to be the annual Appropriation and supposed to fix the prior supposed 'gutting' yet here we are, asking for, no taking more...

I have to laugh my ass off at the willfully short memories, the logic twists and contortions the True Believers and the one Communist for Trump on this board put themselves through to exonerate their champion and his party for expanding the Democrat Agenda and spending us into oblivion that fifty lifetimes cannot repay.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

No, I miss presidents like Harry Truman, who had a sign on his desk saying, "the buck stops here."

I'm shocked at this personal denigration of Ronald Reagan.   :cool:

Online corbe

Sure enjoying the Trumpers this Morning.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Why would we care about that amateur, when we have our very own wannabe Caligula?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@Axeslinger

I do give @DCPatriot credit for being honest enough to admit he isn’t happy.  He’ll probably yell at me for it, lol.

@CatherineofAragon

...because you apparently enjoy pulling the wings off flies.   ^-^
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

NevewrTrumpers are irrelevant. They took themselves out of the game and voted for someone
that did not have a snowballs chance in hell of winning. Effectively supporting Hillary. Trump did
not need the NTers and they are pissed off about that. Screw them.

Trump got rolled and caved. I think DoD Mattis threatened to resign if Trump did not sign.
Whatever the reason Trump just effectively ended his presidency. That should make all the
NeverTrumpers very happy. The Rats are now in control will impeach Trump in 2019 when they
take the House and Senate. NTers should be overjoyed at the prospect.

But if the Rats are smart they will not impeach Trump. Doing so would make him a martyr and the
push back might just be big enough to reelect him. The smart play is to just leave him alone as a
failed president. It is really sad to see Trump go down without even a fight.

One thing we'd learned is that most of the GOP is utterly worthless. I used to think the GOP could
be saved. I no longer do. My Rep voted no as did my senator Cruz, so rather then sit out
2018 I'll go a vote for them. But them only, the rest of my ballot stay blank.

...excellent summation, as usual, @jpsb !

it could be as simple as making a helluva deal in that sale of jets to Saudi Arabia, and President Trump doing a variation of Lend-Lease in WWII...becoming the 3rd man in the fight against the Ayatollahs.  (Think something akin to "Mexico paying for the wall")

IMO, Iran's going to be an 'ant farm' of sorts for lil' Kim to study.

Nobody screamed about Obama's $11Trillion, with a 'T'...so who's going to sweat this BS number, if it's going to become 'Exhibit A' come October???    :shrug:
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 04:52:00 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

I take the President at his word.   The urgent priority is to fund the military after years of arbitrary belt-tightening in the service of Congressional budgetary gimmicks.    This finally gets the military the money it needs on an ongoing basis. 

Is that more important that petty domestic bickering/preening/chest-thumping over DACA and the Wall and Planned Parenthood?  HELL YEAH.   Screw the "base" - I am with our fighting men.

...and if anybody can clearly explain that to his base, it's him.

.....or Ivanka.    :tongue2:

Why would we care about that amateur, when we have our very own wannabe Caligula?

And who would that be?

Online DCPatriot

And who would that be?

Show you my 'Shocked' face, but it's not fresh anymore.   ^-^

Show you my 'Shocked' face, but it's not fresh anymore.   ^-^

88devil