Author Topic: House votes to advance $1.3T omnibus  (Read 3032 times)

Offline jpsb

Re: House votes to advance $1.3T omnibus
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2018, 12:49:06 am »
I'm not sure there are enough in the Senate to defeat the bill .... never mind sustain a veto.

@GrouchoTex

There isn't Lee, Paul, Cruz and maybe a few others. Certainly not 40 to prevent closure. RINOs and
Rats (uniparty) will make it happen.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2018, 12:52:01 am »
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline jpsb

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2018, 12:53:31 am »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2018, 12:54:50 am »
Paul, Lee, Cruz, and Rubio, or just a combination of 2 vote no, and the bill stops.
Paul will vote no, possibly Lee.
Cruz usually votes for increases of military spending, so I am not sure where he will be.
Not a fan of PP.
Rubio could go either way,
Also no fan of PP.

Maybe 3 more copies of Green Eggs and Ham, since Cruz already has one? 

I'd put my money on Paul and/or Lee.  Rubio's useless and Cruz is in reelection mode, so he's not dependable now.

The stunning truth is although we keep talking about a Republican "majority" .... there really isn't one to speak of.

With Jones's victory and McCain's absence republicans have 50 voting Senators.  The dims have 47 + 2 independents for 49 votes.

God,  I hope they start packing the courts after this.

@GrouchoTex

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2018, 12:56:25 am »
I hate our congress.

What the hell is wrong with them?  Did they not hear us??   9999hair out0000

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2018, 01:00:31 am »
This is just ridiculous. What is even the point anymore supporting these guys?

@Free Vulcan

That is a question I've been asking myself for quite some time now.  I know I made a difference here in Texas but it is evident that I completely failed at the federal level.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 01:04:57 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2018, 01:03:16 am »
@Right_in_Virginia
@jpsb

I just went to Ted Cruz's Twitter account.
He's got an article there on the Omnibus bill.

He is not voting for this bill.

So we have Cruz and Paul on our side, so far.
I would think Lee will also say no.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 01:04:40 am by GrouchoTex »

Online corbe

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2018, 01:03:22 am »
   Trump never campaigned on the Debt, Deficit, other than I think, He alone could fix it in 4 or five years, so this is no surprise to me.  How many companies has he Bankrupted?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DB

« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2018, 01:04:58 am »

They heard you loud and clear. You will vote for them because you don't have an alternative. That an R is better than a D. You've made that abundantly clear. So they knowing you will vote for them no matter what, year after year, they are free to do whatever they like. And they do. And this is the result.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 01:06:13 am by DB »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2018, 01:05:06 am »

LOL ... this gave me a chuckle.  I've been emotional over our do nothing Congress for quite some time and you got a bit snarky (snark is ok) with me.  Looks like we both finally agree:  What the hell IS wrong with them???   9999hair out0000
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2018, 01:07:33 am »
@Right_in_Virginia
@jpsb

Thanks for the info.  I'm pretty sure Lee will go along with Cruz and Paul.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2018, 01:09:57 am »
@Right_in_Virginia
@jpsb

He,s got an article there on the Omnibus bill.

Good to hear.  Corker may be a "no", too.  I caught part of his speech today on the Senate floor.  So, so far it's looking like 4 "nay" and 95 "yea"?!?

@GrouchoTex

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2018, 01:12:37 am »
@Right_in_Virginia
@jpsb

Good....shut it down!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2018, 01:13:55 am »
Good to hear.  Corker may be a "no", too.  I caught part of his speech today on the Senate floor.  So, so far it's looking like 4 "nay" and 95 "yea"?!?

@GrouchoTex

I was thinking all the Dems and Paul, Cruz, Lee, now Corker, and maybe Rubio would vote no.
Do you think a lot of Dems will vote yes?
I hadn't thought about that possibility....

Offline libertybele

« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2018, 01:15:10 am »
@Free Vulcan

That is a question I've been asking myself for quite some time now.  I know I made a difference here in Texas but it is evident that I completely failed at the federal level.

Don't beat yourself up.  It sounds like you've been very active and hands on doing what you can to make a difference for years and I really commend you.

More and more people seem to be getting on board with the Convention of States; but I fear that it may be too late.

Offline WilliamVA

« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2018, 01:28:32 am »
Hmmmm!   So the senate is going to pass it or at least vote on it at1am Sunday Morning.  Prez has got 10 days to sign it,
so he is all smily, yep gonna sign it...wonderful wonderful, so the traitorous Speaker and Majority Leader adjourn the House
and Senate for "Easter Recess"cause Trump says he will sign it.   duh!   At any time, during the 10 days, if the Congress goes
into recess....pocket veto.   Throw the bill in the trash can, because a pocket veto cannot be overridden.   (Let Us Pray)

« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2018, 01:29:20 am »
I was thinking all the Dems and Paul, Cruz, Lee, now Corker, and maybe Rubio would vote no.

Sorry .... I mean 4 "nay" votes on the final passage of the bill with 95 "yea" votes for passage of the bill.

The only ones, so far, that will stand to stop the bill from coming to a vote are:  Paul, Cruz, Lee and Corker.

Schumer's delighted with this bill so I doubt any dim will break away during any stage of this fiasco.

@GrouchoTex

Offline Idiot

« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2018, 01:35:44 am »
This spending bill pretty much guarantees the Rats will take Congress in 2018. This bill breaks every
campaign promise made by Trump and the GOP. Trump better veto it, cause when the Rats take
congress he is certain to be impeached.
Very well said!

« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2018, 01:37:08 am »
Hmmmm!   So the senate is going to pass it or at least vote on it at1am Sunday Morning.  Prez has got 10 days to sign it,
so he is all smily, yep gonna sign it...wonderful wonderful, so the traitorous Speaker and Majority Leader adjourn the House
and Senate for "Easter Recess"cause Trump says he will sign it.   duh!   At any time, during the 10 days, if the Congress goes
into recess....pocket veto.   Throw the bill in the trash can, because a pocket veto cannot be overridden.   (Let Us Pray)

Interesting @WilliamVA .... I forgot about the upcoming recess.  Can't they send just one Senator or Representative to the Hill and claim congress is in session?

BTW ... Welcome aboard.

Online corbe

« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2018, 01:43:30 am »
   Welcome to TBR, @WilliamVA, may your days here be long and pleasant!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2018, 01:49:44 am »
The Rats will vote yes, this bill is a big win for them.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2018, 01:51:05 am »
Democrats pushed for, and won, limitations on hiring new ICE interior enforcement agents and on the number of undocumented immigrants the agency can detain.

Under provisions written into the bill, ICE can have no more than 40,354 immigrants in detention by the time the fiscal year ends in September.
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Idiot

« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2018, 01:51:21 am »
The Rats will vote yes, this bill is a big win for them.
My repub representative voted for this monstrosity.  He's going to get an earful in the morning.

« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2018, 01:53:04 am »
LOL ... this gave me a chuckle.  I've been emotional over our do nothing Congress for quite some time and you got a bit snarky (snark is ok) with me.  Looks like we both finally agree:  What the hell IS wrong with them???   9999hair out0000

I wish I knew.   :beer:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2018, 01:54:26 am »
Welcome, welcome, welcome, to the Briefing Room WilliamVA.  I must say, we are a great group; we bite sometimes now and then, but we rarely draw blood!