Author Topic: BREAKING: MCCABE FIRED!!  (Read 3513 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mrclose

Re: BREAKING: MCCABE FIRED!!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 02:04:53 am »
Breaking on the WashPo.

McCabe, who had stepped down from his post earlier this year but remained an FBI employee, had been accused by the Justice Department’s inspector general of authorizing the disclosure of sensitive information to a reporter and misleading investigators when asked about it.

McCabe had been a lightning rod in the political battles surrounding the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server and special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s probe into whether any Trump associates coordinated with Russian agents to interfere in the 2016 presidential race.

McCabe ran the FBI for three turbulent months last year, assuming the director’s job on an acting basis after James B. Comey was fired in May. McCabe was hoping to retire Sunday, when he becomes eligible for his full benefits. With his firing, he could lose a significant portion of those benefits.
This is a developing story. It will be updated.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/03/16/fbis-andrew-mccabe-is-fired-just-before-retiring-former-deputy-director-became-lightning-rod-for-clinton-email-and-russia-probes/?utm_term=.e58f03d0a244
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 02:07:21 am by mrclose »
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 02:05:20 am »

Washington Post
‏Verified account @washingtonpost
6m6 minutes ago

FBI's Andrew McCabe is fired just before retiring. Former deputy director became lightning rod for Clinton email and Russia probes. http://wapo.st/2G2EPdO
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 02:06:19 am »

Washington Post
‏Verified account @washingtonpost
6m6 minutes ago

FBI's Andrew McCabe is fired just before retiring. Former deputy director became lightning rod for Clinton email and Russia probes. http://wapo.st/2G2EPdO

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 02:08:01 am »
Wow. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2018, 02:08:08 am »
Oh good..I thought Sessions would chicken out...

Fox covering it now...
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 02:08:50 am by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2018, 02:13:33 am »
Wow, that's great!  I think tomorrow (or today, being a workday) was the last day it could be done before he could retire with full benefits.

Offline endicom

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2018, 02:21:23 am »

I hope this breaches the Great Wall of Clinton.

Online DB

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2018, 02:21:35 am »
That's a start.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2018, 02:31:18 am »
That's a start.

Amen!   He should be arrested and taken into custody.

General Flynn sold his house to pay attorneys and copped a plea of guilty to 'lying'...when the FBI reported in their summary they though Flynn hadn't lied.  (This was known last year, but withheld because of a pending book deal ....it could have stopped this 'investigation' flat.

That said, he's probably not fretting the loss of $1.8 retirement benefits, since Hillary will write him a check as a Clinton Foundation 'Consultant'.

....just don't go fishing on that lake, Andrew.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2018, 02:32:51 am »
McCabe responds..

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/378895-mccabe-my-firing-is-part-of-effort-to-undermine-mueller-probe
McCabe: My firing is part of effort to undermine Mueller probe

“The idea that I was dishonest is just wrong. This is part of an effort to discredit me as a witness,” McCabe told The New York Times.

“It’s incredibly unfair to my reputation after a 21-year career,” McCabe told The Times.

He also criticized President Trump for attacking him, the FBI and other agency officials.

“The real damage is being done to the FBI, law enforcement and the special counsel,” McCabe said.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online DB

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2018, 02:33:04 am »
When is the inspector generals report supposed to be released?

And what will Sessions do with it???

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2018, 02:33:08 am »

Amen!   He should be arrested and taken into custody.

General Flynn sold his house to pay attorneys and copped a plea of guilty to 'lying'...when the FBI reported in their summary they though Flynn hadn't lied.  (This was known last year, but withheld because of a pending book deal ....it could have stopped this 'investigation' flat.

That said, he's probably not fretting the loss of $1.8 retirement benefits, since Hillary will write him a check as a Clinton Foundation 'Consultant'.

....just don't go fishing on that lake, Andrew.

I'm predicting here that President Trump is going to fire Mueller...AFTER the IG reports come out.   They're supposed to be EXPLOSIVE.

Loretta....Susan....Valerie.

....whatcha gonna do when they come for you?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 02:33:51 am by DCPatriot »

Online DB

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2018, 02:34:41 am »
McCabe responds..

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/378895-mccabe-my-firing-is-part-of-effort-to-undermine-mueller-probe
McCabe: My firing is part of effort to undermine Mueller probe

God, I hope the IG report has him dead to rights. He thinks he's above the law.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2018, 02:38:22 am »
God, I hope the IG report has him dead to rights. He thinks he's above the law.

Yeah he is innocent and Trump stole his pension.....Dershowitz on Fox says McCabe will sue
Support the USO

Offline Fantom

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2018, 02:44:26 am »
Wow.

WOW!! Indeed!

This is a tectonic shift.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2018, 02:44:49 am »
Thanks for posting this, @DCPatriot.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2018, 02:46:29 am »
I do feel sorry for McCabe's family, if he has any...they were counting on this pension too..oh well.
Support the USO

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2018, 02:46:53 am »
Breaking on the WashPo.
This is a developing story. It will be updated.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/03/16/fbis-andrew-mccabe-is-fired-just-before-retiring-former-deputy-director-became-lightning-rod-for-clinton-email-and-russia-probes/?utm_term=.e58f03d0a244

Is that the same WaPo you referred to two days ago:

"Some of us refuse to actually go to The Rag .... Washpo!"
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2018, 02:47:00 am »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/fbis-andrew-mccabe-is-fired-a-little-more-than-24-hours-before-he-could-retire/2018/03/16/e055a22a-2895-11e8-bc72-077aa4dab9ef_story.html?utm_term=.11465fd5faa1

FBI’s Andrew McCabe is fired a little more than 24 hours before he could retire

By Matt Zapotosky March 16 at 10:02 PM Email the author

Attorney General Jeff Sessions late Friday night fired former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, a little more than 24 hours before McCabe was set to retire.

Sessions announced the decision in a statement just before 10 p.m., noting that both the Justice Department Inspector General and the FBI office that handles discipline had found “that Mr. McCabe had made an unauthorized disclosure to the news media and lacked candor — including under oath — on multiple occasions.”

He said based on those findings and the recommendation of the department’s senior career official, “I have terminated the employment of Andrew McCabe effective immediately.”

rest at link above

Offline Fantom

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2018, 02:47:26 am »
Yeah he is innocent and Trump stole his pension.....Dershowitz on Fox says McCabe will sue

I just caught Dershowitz on Fox as I was going to bed.... had to get back up, take a shot for this.

I thought Dersh was fair enough... for Dersh.  The girls were all giddy, funny watching the four of them talking over each other.

Interesting times... interesting times.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2018, 02:48:23 am »
I do feel sorry for McCabe's family, if he has any...they were counting on this pension too..oh well.

Soros's will see they have enough not to talk.

Frederick Douglass

Offline mrclose

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2018, 02:49:19 am »
Is that the same WaPo you referred to two days ago:

"Some of us refuse to actually go to The Rag .... Washpo!"

I didn't go to the WashPo!

I 'stole' the info elsewhere!

Nice try but still a 'fail'! :silly:
~ Self

Offline mrclose

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2018, 02:49:59 am »
The NYT and the left are crying foul and blaming Trump but there is a Huge Problem pushing this narrative!

The Office of Professional Responsibility is the one that recommended the firing!

The "Huge Problem?"

Attorney General Eric Holder named Robin C. Ashton to run the Office of Professional Responsibility in 2011!

Not a Trump cheerleader I'm sure!

https://www.justice.gov/opr
~ Self

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2018, 02:51:01 am »
I didn't go to the WashPo!

I 'stole' the info elsewhere!

Nice try but still a 'fail'! :silly:

LOL!   I did....may as well read how they will report it.