Author Topic: Exclusive: Sources Contradict Sessions' Testimony He Opposed Russia Outreach  (Read 457 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions' testimony that he opposed a proposal for President Donald Trump's 2016 campaign team to meet with Russians has been contradicted by three people who told Reuters they have spoken about the matter to investigators with Special Counsel Robert Mueller or congressional committees.

Sessions testified before Congress in November 2017 that he "pushed back" against the proposal made by former campaign adviser George Papadopoulos at a March 31, 2016 campaign meeting. Then a senator from Alabama, Sessions chaired the meeting as head of the Trump campaign's foreign policy team.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/exclusive-sources-contradict-sessions-testimony-opposed-russia-outreach-144029068.html
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 09:46:51 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Victoria33

I have listened to Sessions speak at numerous committee interviews of him and it is hard to nail him down on a definite answer to questions.  There is always a "awwww" kind of voice response before he answers and then it is not clear what his answer is.  Many times the question would be ask again, with, "Is that a yes or no answer"?
I never knew what to make of that.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Potentially, this could be used as a reason for dismissal. If so, expect sparks to fly.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.