Author Topic: Elizabeth Warren refuses DNA test to prove Native American heritage  (Read 1263 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Elizabeth Warren refuses DNA test to prove Native American heritage
NY Post, Mar 11, 2018, Marisa Schultz

WASHINGTON – Sen. Elizabeth Warren batted down calls for her to take a DNA test to prove her Native American heritage in an interview that aired Sunday.

“I know who I am. And never used it for anything. Never got any benefit from it anywhere,” Warren said of her ancestry on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

The Massachusetts Democrat has been under increased pressure to provide evidence of ​her ​Native American roots, with President Trump repeatedly mocking her as “Pocahontas” as recently as Saturday.

An editorial this month in Massachusetts’s Berkshire Eagle urged Warren to buy a DNA test for $99 to resolve the issue once and for all.

“All the senator needs to do is spit into a tube, wait a few weeks and get her answer,” the paper said.

More:  https://nypost.com/2018/03/11/elizabeth-warren-refuses-dna-test-to-prove-native-american-heritage/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Elizabeth Warren refuses DNA test to prove Native American heritage
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 08:13:29 pm »
 9999what   She refused???   :cool:

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 10:50:16 pm »
She is hiding something.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline DB

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 11:10:00 pm »
She's likely already done one and knows the result.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 11:26:25 pm »

Exactly. With all the hubbub about this issue there is no way anyone could resist doing a private test, just for their own satisfaction. I think she took the test and (of course) failed. And now she is in too deep to drop it.

Had she said years ago that she simply made a mistake based on wrong info from her mother, it would not be an issue. But because she has been so obsessive about sticking with the story, she cannot back out now. She has painted herself into a corner.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2018, 11:56:40 pm »

Of course she knows what the results would be.... thus the denial.

To paraphrase an old tire sign one used to see on the side of the road....."Uhg...Liawatha...U Needum Genome?" 
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2018, 11:59:16 pm »
Exactly. With all the hubbub about this issue there is no way anyone could resist doing a private test, just for their own satisfaction. I think she took the test and (of course) failed. And now she is in too deep to drop it.

Had she said years ago that she simply made a mistake based on wrong info from her mother, it would not be an issue. But because she has been so obsessive about sticking with the story, she cannot back out now. She has painted herself into a corner.

Agreed.  How many of these people, from Clinton to Warren to Trump, would have been better off if they just owned their mistakes?  Of course, about the only political example I can think of is Jimmy Carter and his "lust in his heart", and everyone made fun of him for it.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2018, 12:05:03 am »
It only costs about $100 and takes a few weeks.

I have a BIL from Oklahoma roots. Always made claims of Native American blood, which I understand is more common in the claim than in the fact.

Anyway he did his DNA, learned he has zero-zip-nada NA DNA.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2018, 12:13:06 am »
It only costs about $100 and takes a few weeks.

I have a BIL from Oklahoma roots. Always made claims of Native American blood, which I understand is more common in the claim than in the fact.

Anyway he did his DNA, learned he has zero-zip-nada NA DNA.

This is absolutely true, and I think it's extremely common!  Warren's family "tradition" is very sweet, and I know lots of people have romantic family histories like that.  My grandmother always told stories about her half-Iroquois grandmother, which I found enchanting as a child.  Later the family genealogist could find no supporting records at all.  It's part of the American mythos for a reason.

It's a shame -- like her politics or not, Warren could actually have used her family story as an educational tool.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2018, 12:19:54 am »
This is absolutely true, and I think it's extremely common!  Warren's family "tradition" is very sweet, and I know lots of people have romantic family histories like that.  My grandmother always told stories about her half-Iroquois grandmother, which I found enchanting as a child.  Later the family genealogist could find no supporting records at all.  It's part of the American mythos for a reason.

It's a shame -- like her politics or not, Warren could actually have used her family story as an educational tool.

My family history isn't so "sweet." Two Gxx grandfathers, killed by Native Americans. 1706 Maine, and 1812 Indiana. Very well documented.

https://www.accessgenealogy.com/genealogy/descendants-george-maturin-ricker.htm

https://www.geni.com/people/Atha-Meeks/6000000001671545413

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priddy_Meeks

« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 04:29:57 am by truth_seeker »

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2018, 04:03:53 am »
@truth_seeker Fascinating stories of hardy people.  I wish I had more than bare genealogies for my family; you're lucky! 

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2018, 04:41:27 am »
@truth_seeker Fascinating stories of hardy people.  I wish I had more than bare genealogies for my family; you're lucky!

The further that you can go, the more interesting are the things which can be learned.

The Ricker brothers, were from the Channel Islands of England, and went by their French type surname, which was Ricart, or variations thereof.

But like many, they changed their surname to appear more English or German, upon arrival in the colonies.

They were both killed one day by Indians. 

https://www.theislandwiki.org/index.php/The_brothers_who_emigrated_to_the_USA_and_were_killed_by_Indians

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2018, 04:45:36 am »
My grandmother on my mother's side maiden name was Meeks and she was from Oklahoma.
It is a fairly common name. Big families, dating to at least 1699 in England and Virginia.

Here is one Meek-Meeks researcher's site. He uses a realistic disclaimer, which ought to apply to a lot of what is on the internet (just kidding) "Some facts presented here MAY NOT be correct."

http://meekgenealogy.com/Group_F/F11_020.htm

Offline bilo

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2018, 03:38:39 pm »
I love the way Pres. Trump goes right after these phony Rats and then never lets up. It's not "pretty", or "polite", but it is effective.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2018, 03:41:42 pm »
Warren is not concerned it will disprove her Native American claim. She is worried it will prove her involvement in murdering the Constitution.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 05:24:39 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2018, 04:15:58 pm »
My grandmother on my mother's side maiden name was Meeks and she was from Oklahoma.
@DB

I agree Warren must have checked her DNA and found it wasn't true.  I heard Warren speak of this Indian connection yesterday or day before and she sounded like me as she said it was family history her family spoke of for years that the Indian connection was in Oklahoma and she gave some details.  Maybe she said she was born in Oklahoma, I don't remember for sure about that.

My family history is that a great great grandfather from England, living in Arkansas, married an Indian woman of a tribe going through Arkansas on the way to Oklahoma during the Trail of Tears. The tribe stayed in Arkansas for a while before heading to Oklahoma again and that is how he met her.  I also had family members living in Oklahoma as Warren says she did, in fact my mom and dad who married in Arkansas, lived in Oklahoma for a while and my brother was born there, then they came to Texas with the Sun Oil Company.  I was born in Texas.

Both sides of my family knew that Indian woman story was true.  I need to do that DNA thing but can't decide which group to choose to do that.  I don't want to get connected to one that you have to keep paying for over time.  I want a one shot deal.

Certainly if I  was going to use that Indian connection as she did, I would absolutely have done the DNA thing before I brought it up.  Maybe she didn't do that at first and now knows it isn't true.  I can't believe she hasn't done that test now.

On my mother's side, I am related to a great grandfather who came from England, lived in North Carolina and fought on the side of England in the Revolutionary war - rats, I was not on George Washington's side.  All you rebels make me sick - Hail, England!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 04:24:44 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2018, 04:22:44 pm »
Elizabeth Warren could write a book on "Life Lessons on How to Lie and Get Caught".

Next we will find out that she is not really a woman at all, but masquerading as one.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2018, 04:39:13 pm »
Elizabeth Warren could write a book on "Life Lessons on How to Lie and Get Caught".

Next we will find out that she is not really a woman at all, but masquerading as one.

Oh snap!  I almost hated Warren for being a lying piece of dung until you reminded me how much she looks like Jeb. 
You are a fantastic debater. 888high58888 /sarc
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 04:43:16 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2018, 07:34:38 pm »
Of course she knows what the results would be.... thus the denial.

To paraphrase an old tire sign one used to see on the side of the road....."Uhg...Liawatha...U Needum Genome?"

That reminds me of Burma Shave!

Every
Sqaw
Wants a Chief
Strong of muscle
Smooth of cheek
Burma-Shave
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2018, 10:59:03 pm »
So why can't someone follow fauxcahontas around and rescue something with her DNA out of a public waste receptacle, while documenting it, and send it in for a DNA test?
I see this done on cop shows all the time, wouldn't it be sweet if she was outed using a plot device envisioned by a liberal Hollywood writer?

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2018, 11:02:23 pm »
I'd rather see her last 6 tax returns.  Bitch.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2018, 11:30:42 pm »
Warren would be a fool to take a DNA test.  If a test showed that she was not of Native American ancestry, then it would open her up to a lawsuit.  Imagine if a Native American came forth and said he/she was denied the place at Harvard given to Warren.  There could be a strong case for monetary loss incurred.

When Bakke won his case against the University of California, the university had to pay out a monetary damage because his degree at a different university did not draw the salary it would have at UC.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2018, 11:46:49 pm »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2018, 11:49:13 pm »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2018, 11:51:01 pm »
That reminds me of Burma Shave!

Every
Sqaw
Wants a Chief
Strong of muscle
Smooth of cheek
Burma-Shave

NW you are really telling your age @Wingnut !
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien