Author Topic: Tom Brokaw rips Trump for calling Chuck Todd a 'son of a bitch': 'Really classy'  (Read 11642 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Fear I get -- speak softly and carry a big stick -- but this is more like wariness when confronted by an unpredictable, possibly rabid, dog.

Trump is not a rabid dog. It may seem that way to you, through the lens of so many #nevertrump fanatics, arrayed here.

They are so used to weak Republicans who do all but bow like Obama, instead of standing firm, making serious demands, etc.

Why do YOU think NK asked to meet with Trump? I believe they did so, because for their first time in decades, they believe the US is led by somebody that is willing to act, not just talk.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline DB

Trump is not a rabid dog. It may seem that way to you, through the lens of so many #nevertrump fanatics, arrayed here.

They are so used to weak Republicans who do all but bow like Obama, instead of standing firm, making serious demands, etc.

Why do YOU think NK asked to meet with Trump? I believe they did so, because for their first time in decades, they believe the US is led by somebody that is willing to act, not just talk.

Actually we just like someone who behaves like an adult.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

You mean someone who stands firm on the 2nd amendment, and government spending?  Someone who doesn't make ridiculous demands like "I want an invisible border wall and Mexico must pay for it?"  You are right I am used to weak Republicans.

Meet the new boss.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Not based on the way they're acting in the Middle East and Eastern Europe?

Hi, @LauraTXNM   I'm not trying to be snarky here, and don't feel obligated to reply, but I am intrigued by your posts.  Are you collecting data for some sort of paper or publication?

As I said, don't answer if you'd rather not, I'm just curious and wonder if there's some way to help you with it.

Thanks.

Offline Frank Cannon

Tom Brokaw is a piece of shit. He and his partisan network of circle jerks can all get bent.

Offline LauraTXNM

Hi, @LauraTXNM   I'm not trying to be snarky here, and don't feel obligated to reply, but I am intrigued by your posts.  Are you collecting data for some sort of paper or publication?

As I said, don't answer if you'd rather not, I'm just curious and wonder if there's some way to help you with it.

Thanks.

Hi, @Right_in_Virginia!  I really am just a person who's more liberal than you all (I believe) on some issues.  But I really like to meet people with different opinions -- it's so hard to get to talk with people outside one's bubble!  I've been reading at FreeRepublic since about 2001, for example, and I've often wanted to ask questions or talk to posters there.  But of course, I never could.  I read here for a little while before I got the nerve to actually post ;).

You all have been very welcoming, and I appreciate that so much.  I very strongly believe we are all Americans together, and it's crucial that we talk to each other. 
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline LauraTXNM

I don't think Trump is necessarily a rabid dog, but he's definitely a loose cannon -- I say this based on my own observations of his speeches and twitter feed, not what anyone else says. 

I know for a fact that the Kim Juns have been seeking a meeting with a US President for more than 20 years.  It gives them legitimacy and the illusion of strength.  The closest they ever got before was Madeline Albright, who was a sop thrown to them after some supposed concessions. 

I think Trump "out-crazying" KJU is possibly helpful, but I don't expect anything to change from this meeting, any more than it did re. Albright.  Unfortunately nothing will really change (good or bad) the NK situation until that government falls. 

Offline LauraTXNM

I didn't realize I was right
http://news.gallup.com/poll/225761/world-approval-leadership-drops-new-low.aspx

Aaarrrggghhh!   It burns!  They like us because we let them get away with stuff!!!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Hi, @Right_in_Virginia!  I really am just a person who's more liberal than you all (I believe) on some issues.  But I really like to meet people with different opinions -- it's so hard to get to talk with people outside one's bubble!  I've been reading at FreeRepublic since about 2001, for example, and I've often wanted to ask questions or talk to posters there.  But of course, I never could.  I read here for a little while before I got the nerve to actually post ;).

You all have been very welcoming, and I appreciate that so much.  I very strongly believe we are all Americans together, and it's crucial that we talk to each other.

Agree.   And thanks for the reply @LauraTXNM    888high58888

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I'm really not trying to be snarky, but WHO respects us more?

Personally, I never really cared about the rest of the world's opinion about us, regardless of who is president.  We're all here, because the other places sucked enough to make people want to leave.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 10:48:05 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I don't think Trump is necessarily a rabid dog, but he's definitely a loose cannon -- I say this based on my own observations of his speeches and twitter feed, not what anyone else says. 

I know for a fact that the Kim Juns have been seeking a meeting with a US President for more than 20 years.  It gives them legitimacy and the illusion of strength.  The closest they ever got before was Madeline Albright, who was a sop thrown to them after some supposed concessions. 

I think Trump "out-crazying" KJU is possibly helpful, but I don't expect anything to change from this meeting, any more than it did re. Albright.  Unfortunately nothing will really change (good or bad) the NK situation until that government falls.

I know for a fact, Reagan brought about the end of the "Cold War," by firmness. By convincing his adversaries of both his resolve to win, and his intention of allowing them dignity in defeat. Even a bit of recklessness.

! No longer available
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

I'm glad you are here.  I really like the way you ask questions to make sure you understand what others are trying to express, instead of assuming evil intent.  I'm going to try that.  Maybe we all can learn some things from you.  Welcome to our bubble.

Offline LauraTXNM

I'm glad you are here.  I really like the way you ask questions to make sure you understand what others are trying to express, instead of assuming evil intent.  I'm going to try that.  Maybe we all can learn some things from you.  Welcome to our bubble.

Thank you so much!  Where's the blushing icon ;)?

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
She's the nastiest person on the forum.

What the f uck Am I...chopped liver?  No sidewindin' bushwackin', hornswagglin' cracker croaker is gonna rouin my bishen cutter and take that away..
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline DB

What the f uck Am I...chopped liver?  No sidewindin' bushwackin', hornswagglin' cracker croaker is gonna rouin my bishen cutter and take that away..

There's a difference between nasty and obnoxious. Nasty can be sexy...

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
There's a difference between nasty and obnoxious. Nasty can be sexy...

:pondering:

:smokin:

"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

888high58888

The best conservative boards I've been on featured debate,  even with the occasional liberal.   Echo chambers are boring, and influence no one. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The Concerned Women of America, CWA, are happy with what Trump has done as President but they expressed reservations during the 2016 primary season over how Trump talked. So, yes, he is doing this to himself, good or bad. I certainly will support him as of now...it's up to him.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Finally, we have a president who actually takes America's side ... supports the military, the ICE agents and the cops.  Quite a change from the last dude.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
888high58888

The best conservative boards I've been on featured debate,  even with the occasional liberal.   Echo chambers are boring, and influence no one.

I'm glad you came. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I don't use foul language and I don't like it when anyone uses it, ergo, there is no hypocrisy at all in my stance.

However, it is a defensible position for others to have when they expect the President of the United States to behave better than a potty mouthed school boy.

But then again, I cannot forget the excuses made when Trump admitted that he molested women, as being no big deal...... just a potty mouthed school boy.

Methinks it is Trump apologists who have to tie themselves in knots to defend his crude, unacceptable behavior.

Not really.  All I have to do is think about Hillary or remember the Obama twins, Barack and Michelle, and I have no problem at all defending Trump on accusations from the worst media in our history.

Potty mouth?  Really?  Lyndon Johnsons was probably the worst, but Nixon was up there also.  The difference is that the press did not quote every offensive thing they said.

I'm not accusing you personally of being a hypocrite about language.  I would appreciate if people on facebook and here did not use the F-word all the time.

But some people need to think more about the larger reality.  Trump may offend you personally but he has been good for the country.

Every time I make that statement, which is true, by the way, certain people jump in and say, well, he didn't get rid of Obamacare; he didn't build the wall;

But the tax bill that helped many, many Americans got rid of the most abusive part of Obamacare and neither Rome nor a wall is built in a day.

I'd rather have a pretty good President who occasionally says stuff that makes me wince a little bit than what we were in dire and grave danger of getting..

And the same evil forces who went into shock when Hillary lost have girded their loins to get rid of Trump.

So, a little perspective would be nice here.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Frequently.  So frequently that I wonder why @Emjay seems oblivious to the meanings of the words she writes.  I have to assume she perceives an attack on Trump as a personal attack on her, and thus feels justified in attacking personally in return.

Well at least you pinged her to your insults...

I want everyone to stop the personal attacks of another member..we are all better than that and I want TBR to set an example as a place where you can discuss and even argue without being attacked.

I have seen far too much of this lately and I am tired of it!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34