Author Topic: Tom Brokaw rips Trump for calling Chuck Todd a 'son of a bitch': 'Really classy'  (Read 11739 times)

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
There's a difference between nasty and obnoxious. Nasty can be sexy...

Yes, like Hillary Clinton. ;)
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Tom Brokaw is a piece of shit. He and his partisan network of circle jerks can all get bent.

FRANK !!!!!
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I don't think Trump is necessarily a rabid dog, but he's definitely a loose cannon -- I say this based on my own observations of his speeches and twitter feed, not what anyone else says. 

I know for a fact that the Kim Juns have been seeking a meeting with a US President for more than 20 years.  It gives them legitimacy and the illusion of strength.  The closest they ever got before was Madeline Albright, who was a sop thrown to them after some supposed concessions. 

I think Trump "out-crazying" KJU is possibly helpful, but I don't expect anything to change from this meeting, any more than it did re. Albright.  Unfortunately nothing will really change (good or bad) the NK situation until that government falls.

I believe Trump knows what he's doing regarding this meeting.  As Sarah Sanders said this morning, it will not happen unless Kim agrees to certain conditions ... not just by words but by deeds.

There is no reason for an American President to be afraid to meet with any other leader (as long as he brings a food taster).

If Trump can convince the Kimster to move back a little, why not.  Trump is talking from a position of strength and even Kim is not too dumb to know it.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I don't think Trump is necessarily a rabid dog, but he's definitely a loose cannon -- I say this based on my own observations of his speeches and twitter feed, not what anyone else says. 

I know for a fact that the Kim Juns have been seeking a meeting with a US President for more than 20 years.  It gives them legitimacy and the illusion of strength.  The closest they ever got before was Madeline Albright, who was a sop thrown to them after some supposed concessions. 

I think Trump "out-crazying" KJU is possibly helpful, but I don't expect anything to change from this meeting, any more than it did re. Albright.  Unfortunately nothing will really change (good or bad) the NK situation until that government falls.

Trump is not a loose cannon.  He's only a loose cannon in his early morning tweets, but not in his actions.

Why were you afraid to post on Free Republic, by the way?  I posted there for 20 years and was kicked off twice.  I still go there but not to post or contribute but there are some smart people over there.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
During the primary campaign, some like Concerned Women of American expressed their disapproval and Trump said he'd tone it down.  Whatever.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
What the f uck Am I...chopped liver?  No sidewindin' bushwackin', hornswagglin' cracker croaker is gonna rouin my bishen cutter and take that away..

I have no idea who you're talking about and that's a problem right there.

Mystery has admonished us to ping people we are insulting.  That way, they don't miss your insult.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Mystery has admonished us to ping people we are insulting.  That way, they don't miss your insult.
She did not.  She admonished us to stop insulting each other.  She is right and I was wrong to insult you.  I sincerely apologize and I hope you will accept my apology.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Frequently.  So frequently that I wonder why @Emjay seems oblivious to the meanings of the words she writes.  I have to assume she perceives an attack on Trump as a personal attack on her, and thus feels justified in attacking personally in return.

Thank you sooo much for pinging me or I might have missed that really lame insult.

I did not attack @edpc   I simply called him out for clutching his pearls (yes he wears them) about a mild insult Trump made on a guy who fit the description perfectly.

I perceive an attack on Trump as an attack on Trump and I defend him from unfair attacks.

I am not a Trump worshipper and I've often said that I wish he would speak more elegantly.

HOWEVER,  I am judging him as a President and overall, I think he's been a pretty good one.

And, yes, I understand every single word I post and will stand by those words.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
She did not.  She admonished us to stop insulting each other.  She is right and I was wrong to insult you.  I sincerely apologize and I hope you will accept my apology.

Well, she also cautioned us not to refer to people in a post without pinging that person.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

@Wingnut   I didn't mean that post for you.  You are one of my favorite posters and I have no objection whatever to your language.

Offline LauraTXNM

I believe Trump knows what he's doing regarding this meeting.  As Sarah Sanders said this morning, it will not happen unless Kim agrees to certain conditions ... not just by words but by deeds.

There is no reason for an American President to be afraid to meet with any other leader (as long as he brings a food taster).

If Trump can convince the Kimster to move back a little, why not.  Trump is talking from a position of strength and even Kim is not too dumb to know it.

It's just that we've been down this road before, with predictable results.  And any "negotiation" meeting would necessarily require us to give something in return for denuclearization.  What would we possibly be willing to offer?

What I'm afraid of, is Russia will announce NK as an "ally"; then if we fight against NK, Russia has announced they'll nuke us.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline DB

Well, she also cautioned us not to refer to people in a post without pinging that person.

I think she's really talking about pinging them when you ding them... Not just general back and forth...

Offline DB

It's just that we've been down this road before, with predictable results.  And any "negotiation" meeting would necessarily require us to give something in return for denuclearization.  What would we possibly be willing to offer?

What I'm afraid of, is Russia will announce NK as an "ally"; then if we fight against NK, Russia has announced they'll nuke us.

Probably more of what Clinton offered them to not build nukes and they accepted...

Offline Fantom

Ok, I am behind in the thread.... Who the hell is Tom Brokaw?  Does he sell luggage?
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Stay calm.  The meeting probably won't happen because Trump will make demands that Kim Jung won't agree to.

Why would Russia call NK an ally?  Russia knows that NK is a poverty stricken little country ruled by a madman.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Ok, I am behind in the thread.... Who the hell is Tom Brokaw?  Does he sell luggage?

If he tries to sell you some, be very careful.

Offline LauraTXNM

Trump is not a loose cannon.  He's only a loose cannon in his early morning tweets, but not in his actions.

Why were you afraid to post on Free Republic, by the way?  I posted there for 20 years and was kicked off twice.  I still go there but not to post or contribute but there are some smart people over there.

Haha, I lasted five days on FP.  ;)  This was back in 2010, and I got into a discussion about homosexuality being "immoral" vs. "illegal".  People thought I had an agenda ;(.

I still read, but the smart diverse opinions have definitely dwindled over time.  It reminds me too much of DU.  I was really glad to find you all. 

Offline Fantom

If he tries to sell you some, be very careful.

Just wonderin' why the words of such a low level leftist bag handler POS would rate a 4 page thread on a  AHEM  so called Conservative site.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I did not attack @edpc   I simply called him out for clutching his pearls (yes he wears them) about a mild insult Trump made on a guy who fit the description perfectly.

You’ve been walking around all day kicking rocks and that’s the best you could come up with?

Pitiful.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline LauraTXNM

During the primary campaign, some like Concerned Women of American expressed their disapproval and Trump said he'd tone it down.  Whatever.

This was one of the things that really, really upset me during the campaign.  I just could not stand the Billy Bush pssy grabbing comments.  And I still don't see it as acceptable locker room talk.  And I don't care if some women wanted to get into show business, so they put up with it.  And I know there are more burning issues than disrespect to women, but it just demonstrated so clearly what I saw as his character.  And then he kind of apologized, and then later he said it wasn't him. 

It was so creepy, and people trying to defend it scared me even more.

Offline LauraTXNM

Trump is not a loose cannon.  He's only a loose cannon in his early morning tweets, but not in his actions....

I'd consider the "take the guns, then worry about due process" an example of loose cannonism.  I think it's whenever he's not scripted, which is a problem.

Offline musiclady

This was one of the things that really, really upset me during the campaign.  I just could not stand the Billy Bush pssy grabbing comments.  And I still don't see it as acceptable locker room talk.  And I don't care if some women wanted to get into show business, so they put up with it.  And I know there are more burning issues than disrespect to women, but it just demonstrated so clearly what I saw as his character.  And then he kind of apologized, and then later he said it wasn't him. 

It was so creepy, and people trying to defend it scared me even more.

I agree completely.

The defense of his admitted...... ADMITTED............. sexual predatory behavior by so called conservatives, was frightening.
They acted as though he was teenage boy in a locker room when he was actually a man in his sixties and degrading women in word and deed.

The idea that it should be ignored is as disturbing a disregard of decent human behavior and conservative principles as I've ever witnessed.

And I've witnessed a LOT.

The Republican party now has no moral leg to stand on.  NONE.

That's why I'm no longer a Republican.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline LauraTXNM

Stay calm.  The meeting probably won't happen because Trump will make demands that Kim Jung won't agree to.

Why would Russia call NK an ally?  Russia knows that NK is a poverty stricken little country ruled by a madman.

Thee is evidence that Russia, Iran, Syria, and NK are in bed together, re chem weapons and nuke development.  When Putin recently threatened to nuke us if we attack them _or an ally_, those were the countries that come to mind.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I agree completely.

The defense of his admitted...... ADMITTED............. sexual predatory behavior by so called conservatives, was frightening.
They acted as though he was teenage boy in a locker room when he was actually a man in his sixties and degrading women in word and deed.

The idea that it should be ignored is as disturbing a disregard of decent human behavior and conservative principles as I've ever witnessed.

And I've witnessed a LOT.

The Republican party now has no moral leg to stand on.  NONE.

That's why I'm no longer a Republican.

Well, there's only one viable alternative to being a Republican, so good luck with that.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

You’ve been walking around all day kicking rocks and that’s the best you could come up with?

Pitiful.

@edpc

Well, it must have been pretty dang good cause it got your knickers in a knot.

Everyone here who's been offended by my defending Trump on this either hates Trump or is a lily-livered hypocrite.