Author Topic: Tom Brokaw rips Trump for calling Chuck Todd a 'son of a bitch': 'Really classy'  (Read 11832 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

@Once-Ler   At least I kept you busy and happy for a few minutes.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline musiclady

Very classy remark.  And you call Trump crude. 

None of the people who got all bent by my remarks here can find a single thing I said that was mean unless I was replying to someone who personally insulted me.

The problem with some people here is that they can't stand someone who disagrees with them and also makes sense.  It's a real shame you can't kick me off like Free Republic does.

@Emjay  - as a friend (at least we used to be), I would recommend that you quit while you're behind.

@Once-Ler has (not crudely in the least) posted multiple posts of yours that were just plain mean.  He has proved his point, and he is correct.   

Denying it further with ongoing personal attacks doesn't further your case.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
We’ll now, that creates a problem for the Republican Party, doesn’t it?

Because they are most certainly NOT a “viable” alternative for a Christian Conservative any longer.  At least not on the national level.

That’s what happens when you sell your soul .

Well,  there's Vice President Pence,  just a heartbeat (or resignation letter) away.   He appeals not only to Christian Conservatives, but also to old schoolers like me.

Calling Chuck Todd an SOB isn't specifically the issue;  as epithets go it is rather mild but in the context of a campaign rally for a House candidate facing a tough race it is both classless and counterproductive.    Saccome needs a bounce from the rally;  instead the focus is on somthing crude that Trump said that detracts from the essential message Trump needed to deliver - if you like what I'm doing then show it by making sure the Republican majority in Congress remains intact.  Indeed,  if what I've heard is correct Trump only mentioned Saccone six times during an hour-long rally.

Trump supporters need to remember that most of the rest of us want Trump to succeed,  and that pointing out the folly of his lack of message discipline and penchant for chaos should be seen as constructive criticism.   Yes, his critics on the left are legion, and incredibly unfair.   But that does not excuse Trump's unforced errors.   

We all know he was a political neophyte and surely that was part of his appeal,  but after a year he should be showing signs of growing maturity in office.   Is he really this unteachable?       

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

None of the people who got all bent by my remarks here can find a single thing I said that was mean unless I was replying to someone who personally insulted me.
I can't help you understand where I am coming from Emjay.  I don't understand how you can believe this, when your own words are replayed for you.

But she caught me on the counter (It wasn't me)
Saw me bangin' on the sofa (It wasn't me)
I even had her in the shower (It wasn't me)
She even caught me on camera (It wasn't me)
She saw the marks on my shoulder (It wasn't me)
Heard the words that I told her (It wasn't me)
Heard the screams get louder (It wasn't me)
She stayed until it was over

Are you sure you come here to defend our king?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I'm outta here.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I'm outta here.

@Emjay
This is one wowza of a thread.  They are so offended by the slightest thing you say when all of them say much worse. 

Nothing but a bunch of insecure bullies.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Thank me.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
i.e.; A congenital liar in their personal behavior is not going to suddenly tell the truth when it comes to public policy.

Reminds me of something Anita Hill, the sage of DeeCee said during the Clinton Impeachment:  "You have to look at the totality of the man" when you consider his peccadilloes.  The leftist commentators were all about Bill Clinton's ability to "compartmentalize."  Same thing here. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

Well,  there's Vice President Pence,  just a heartbeat (or resignation letter) away.   He appeals not only to Christian Conservatives, but also to old schoolers like me.

Calling Chuck Todd an SOB isn't specifically the issue;  as epithets go it is rather mild but in the context of a campaign rally for a House candidate facing a tough race it is both classless and counterproductive.    Saccome needs a bounce from the rally;  instead the focus is on somthing crude that Trump said that detracts from the essential message Trump needed to deliver - if you like what I'm doing then show it by making sure the Republican majority in Congress remains intact.  Indeed,  if what I've heard is correct Trump only mentioned Saccone six times during an hour-long rally.

Trump supporters need to remember that most of the rest of us want Trump to succeed,  and that pointing out the folly of his lack of message discipline and penchant for chaos should be seen as constructive criticism.   Yes, his critics on the left are legion, and incredibly unfair.   But that does not excuse Trump's unforced errors.   

We all know he was a political neophyte and surely that was part of his appeal,  but after a year he should be showing signs of growing maturity in office.   Is he really this unteachable?     

I'm sorry, but Pence isn't President.  Trump is.  The Vice President is the Senate tie-breaker.  He's not the one who makes the decisions.  (Though I suspect that the few conservative things Trump has done were because of Pence.  I mean the guy is pro-abortion, and he's doing a few pro-life things, so it's got to be Pence).

As to the neophyte/unteachable aspect of his Presidency.............. we ALL knew he was unteachable before he was elected.  We ALL knew he was egotistical, personally intractable, valueless before he was elected.

Those who pretended that he'd be a President that Christian Conservatives could be proud of were fooling themselves.

That's why they continue to twist themselves into knots defending the indefensible and explaining away the obvious.

@Jazzhead

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

I'm outta here.

I'm sorry to hear that @Emjay .   Though many times when I felt myself getting too angry, I too removed myself from the conversation and came back when I cooled down.

Offline musiclady

I find this common statement of belief among Trump fanatics and supporters - to be a FASCINATING exposé on how cognitive dissonance works in the mind of a True Believer.

The ridiculous belief that a person wholly devoid of any moral character or decorum in their personal behavior, is a person who is going to enact morality and decorum in policy via their governance.

i.e.; A congenital liar in their personal behavior is not going to suddenly tell the truth when it comes to public policy.

This is what puzzles me most.   It wasn't at all difficult to know that Trump is a pathological liar before he was nominated.

How, in heaven's name, could anyone think that he could be trusted when he basically lied about everything?

The arguments against Clinton and Obama for the same issue seemed to fall on deaf ears when it came to believing anything Trump said about anything.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

There's an accurate summation of Trump in a sentence.  He has to brag, overstate, self-promote, ridicule, and use superlatives constantly.  He's the epitome of insecurity. 

You have to question the self-worth of those that take the most glee in his games.  What do they get out of it?  Schadenfruede is an exceptionally petty thing.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 06:05:55 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm sorry to hear that @Emjay .   Though many times when I felt myself getting too angry, I too removed myself from the conversation and came back when I cooled down.

Hopefully when she does, she remembers the old bromide about pointing a finger:  When you point a finger at somebody, there are three pointing back at you.

Folks claim personal offense because the object of their respect gets less than respect, but don't realize they themselves are also dispensing a level of disrespect.  I really wish the "Trump Wars" would cease.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

There's an accurate summation of Trump in a sentence.  He has to brag, overstate, self-promote, ridicule, and use superlatives constantly.  He's the epitome of insecurity. 

You have to question the self-worth of those that take the most glee in his games.  What do they get out of it?  Schadenfruede is an exceptionally petty thing.

Exactly.  "Insecure bullies" describes Trump and his loyal supporters to a T.

That's why on this forum, some of them are trying to bully opposition into silence.  Some are trying to make this forum an echo chamber in support of their leader.

If they were secure, they wouldn't have to push opposition away.  They could defend their positions intelligently and cogently.

But they don't.

They bully.

Offline musiclady

Hopefully when she does, she remembers the old bromide about pointing a finger:  When you point a finger at somebody, there are three pointing back at you.

Folks claim personal offense because the object of their respect gets less than respect, but don't realize they themselves are also dispensing a level of disrespect.  I really wish the "Trump Wars" would cease.

They won't until Trump's presidency ceases.

Because he will continue to be a pre-pubescent jerk with a potty mouth who isn't a conservative in any sense of the word, and there will be those who continue to point that out, and those who continue to bury their heads in the sand pretending that he is what he is not, and isn't what he is.

(Or worse yet.... LIKE what he is, and what he is not.   :shrug:)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 06:12:23 pm by musiclady »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

IIRC she stated sometime last week she was going on a vacation this week.  That is probably why she has the bungalow pic in her post.

I don't think she is 'leaving' because she cannot handle the rebuttals to her posts.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline musiclady

IIRC she stated sometime last week she was going on a vacation this week.  That is probably why she has the bungalow pic in her post.

I don't think she is 'leaving' because she cannot handle the rebuttals to her posts.

I hope so.  If so, have a good vacation and safe travels @Emjay !

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I'm inclined to agree.  She's actually a pretty nice lady in R/L, who loves the island paradise she's built for herself.  I think she earned that.
I will NOT comply.

Offline aligncare

@Emjay
This is one wowza of a thread.  They are so offended by the slightest thing you say when all of them say much worse. 

Agree. Em is just plain spoken. I don’t see her insulting anyone so much as just offering her perspective on the issue under discussion.

But, Em and I are in the same camp – well, she’s in the camp, I built a mini mansion and swimming pool there so I may not notice it – if it exists. And, stating the obvious, Trump supporters and Trump detractors I think see Trump and politics differently.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 06:30:51 pm by aligncare »

@Once-Ler   At least I kept you busy and happy for a few minutes.
You really did Emjay. :laugh:

Offline musiclady

I'm inclined to agree.  She's actually a pretty nice lady in R/L, who loves the island paradise she's built for herself.  I think she earned that.

Yes, she has!

Online Right_in_Virginia

@Emjay

There definitely are bullies on this thread --- but they're not insecure --- they're condescending, judgmental and to the core mean. 

Apparently this thread is now a senior chat room for the elderly with nothing else to do.   

The bullies on this thread not only give "elderly" a bad name ... add "conservative", "character"  and TBR to the list.

What a disgrace.   **nononono*

@Emjay I apologize to you on their behalf.

Offline DB

There definitely are bullies on this thread --- but they're not insecure --- they're condescending, judgmental and to the core mean. 

Apparently this thread is now a senior chat room for the elderly with nothing else to do.   

The bullies on this thread not only give "elderly" a bad name ... add "conservative", "character"  and TBR to the list.

What a disgrace.   **nononono*

@Emjay I apologize to you on their behalf.

Go look in the mirror.

Agree. Em is just plain spoken. I don’t see her insulting anyone so much as just offering her perspective on the issue under discussion.

But, Em and I are in the same camp – well, she’s in the camp, I built a mini mansion and swimming pool there so I may not notice it – if it exists. And, stating the obvious, Trump supporters and Trump detractors I think see Trump and politics differently.

I seriously doubt you really believe that.  If you did you would emulate her style, but it is clear you edit your messages to persuade rather than incite.   You have talents above our President.  Self reflection, common courtesy, and an ability to see American's as humans with differing opinions yet common aspirations...just my humble opinion.

Exactly.  "Insecure bullies" describes Trump and his loyal supporters to a T.

That's why on this forum, some of them are trying to bully opposition into silence.  Some are trying to make this forum an echo chamber in support of their leader.

If they were secure, they wouldn't have to push opposition away.  They could defend their positions intelligently and cogently.

But they don't.

They bully.
Wish I wrote that.