Author Topic: Tom Brokaw rips Trump for calling Chuck Todd a 'son of a bitch': 'Really classy'  (Read 11852 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Oh that's rich!

Just like liberals, it doesn't matter the means used so long as the ends are achieved.

@INVAR
Well at least people like me accomplish something.  Rather then sitting back on your holier then thou mountain slinging arrorws at everyone else because they just arent as perfect as you.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
There definitely are bullies on this thread --- but they're not insecure --- they're condescending, judgmental and to the core mean. 

Apparently this thread is now a senior chat room for the elderly with nothing else to do.   

The bullies on this thread not only give "elderly" a bad name ... add "conservative", "character"  and TBR to the list.

What a disgrace.   **nononono*

@Emjay I apologize to you on their behalf.

@Right_in_Virginia

Thank you.  I feel like a mental giant being jumped on by a bunch of tiny little brained creatures who are full of pre-conceived notions.

I'm not gonna interact with them any more, I actually have better things to do.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline driftdiver

@Right_in_Virginia

Thank you.  I feel like a mental giant being jumped on by a bunch of tiny little brained creatures who are full of pre-conceived notions.

@Emjay
Wise choice, one I am working on myself.   

Offline DB

@Right_in_Virginia

Wow...

Offline Concerned

@aligncare

I see Trump as the potential means to an end.   If conservatives continue to bash him all they will do is push him left. As has started to happen with gun rights.

I really don't understand the crux of your argument @driftdiver I'm a fiscal conservative.  I have primarily "bashed" Trump on two things:  (1) when he does things like add trillions to the debt which are NOT at all fiscally conservative; and (2) when he acts like a child by name-calling and lying/telling falsehoods/making misleading statements.  How do either of those two bashings push him left?   

I contend if he listened and responded to my first criticism, he'd actually be pushed to the right.  Listening and responding to my second criticism isn't so much a left or right issue as much as it is a question of style (although one could argue telling truth, and being a responsible, accountable, mature adult are more characters of the right than the left).  How does any and every "bashing" simply push him to the left?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 07:26:48 pm by Concerned »
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty
A good example of why those of us who have chosen to hope for the best find little value in discussion with the NTs.   Constant comments such as this by the very same people beating up on @Emjay when she doesn't say anything this insulting.

While I don't care for the clapping seals bit, I also don't care for the comments that TBR is a shithole because of the NTs and FR imports.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline driftdiver

I really don't understand the crux of your argument @driftdiver I'm a fiscal conservative conservative.  I have primarily "bashed" Trump on two things:  (1) when he does things like add trillions to the debt which are NOT at all fiscally conservative; and (2) when he acts like a child by name-calling and lying/telling falsehoods/making misleading statements.  How do either of those two bashings push him left?   

I contend if he listened and responded to my first criticism, he'd actually be pushed to the right.  Listening and responding to my second criticism isn't so much a left or right issue as much as it is a question of style (although one could argue telling truth, and being a responsible, accountable, mature adult are more characters of the right than the left).  How does any "bashing" simply push him to the left?

@Concerned
The cruxt of the argument is there are a significant number of 'conservatives' who bash Trump and anyone who supports Trump no matter what he does.  At most they are silent but will usually find an angle to be angry about within a day.

Trumps meeting with NK for example.   It is potentially a way to advert a nasty war and the deaths of millions of people, yet many here did nothing but bash him.

Offline musiclady

@musiclady
No I have you on ignore because you are a mean spirited bore.   Just like the above post where you attempt to demean your intended target with the language you use.   Calling me 'fragile' which considering your stated background as a therapist is an interesting choice of words.  Which means you are doing it on purpose.

Hence the mean spirited bore

Wow.. You are really confused.

I am now, and have always been a music teacher, and have never lied and called myself a therapist.

I call you fragile because you put me on Ignore for calling Trump your buddy.   You can't take much.

And I still would like your defense of why you are espousing secular humanist (i.e. Post modern atheist) philosophy to defend Trump.

If you can get beyond your petty annoyance at the way I word things, and see yourself as doing as being as "mean" as you accuse others as being, I would like a Christian defense of a non-Christian philosophy.

Since you are a Christian, and clearly believe that the ends justify the means, I would like your explanation.

Put me off again, if you will, but no excuses that it is because I am "mean."

I am not.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline driftdiver

While I don't care for the clapping seals bit, I also don't care for the comments that TBR is a shithole because of the NTs and FR imports.

@Cyber Liberty
Have I ever used those terms?   No

But I was included in the clapping seals.  So yet again you are duplicitous, no surprise there

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Right_in_Virginia

Yes, because calling your detractors "tiny little brained creatures" is a great way to show you are not the bully.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Yes, because calling your detractors "tiny little brained creatures" is a great way to show you are not the bully.

Yep, she's a whiny phony, and a bully, and then whines like a crybaby when she gets called out for it.

Offline musiclady

I kinda get what he means.  For a time, during the transition, I thought Trump might have been serious about swamp draining.

Except it's clear that he's not doing that, so all that's left is post-modern philosophy....

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty
Have I ever used those terms?   No

But I was included in the clapping seals.  So yet again you are duplicitous, no surprise there

Did I use your name in anyway in my post?  No?  Then spare me the offended face.

Added:  This is what it's like out here in the middle.  I get shot at from both sides.  I think my work here is done anyway.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 07:35:31 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline driftdiver

Wow.. You are really confused.

I am now, and have always been a music teacher, and have never lied and called myself a therapist.

I call you fragile because you put me on Ignore for calling Trump your buddy.   You can't take much.

And I still would like your defense of why you are espousing secular humanist (i.e. Post modern atheist) philosophy to defend Trump.

If you can get beyond your petty annoyance at the way I word things, and see yourself as doing as being as "mean" as you accuse others as being, I would like a Christian defense of a non-Christian philosophy.

Since you are a Christian, and clearly believe that the ends justify the means, I would like your explanation.

Put me off again, if you will, but no excuses that it is because I am "mean."

I am not.

@musiclady
No you are  mean spirit old woman who does and says things to intentionally hurt people and then goes crying to the mods anytime someone says anything to you.

Mean, hurtful, bitter

If I cared enough I would go back and find the post where you claimed to be doing counseling.   But its far easier to just put you back on ignore.   There the sun is brighter and the sky more blue.

Offline musiclady

@Right_in_Virginia

My brain is full sized, thank you......  :shrug:

Offline musiclady

@musiclady
No you are  mean spirit old woman who does and says things to intentionally hurt people and then goes crying to the mods anytime someone says anything to you.

Mean, hurtful, bitter

If I cared enough I would go back and find the post where you claimed to be doing counseling.   But its far easier to just put you back on ignore.   There the sun is brighter and the sky more blue.

You may ask the mods, but I almost never report anyone (it's been months, maybe more, and hardly ever).

I seriously think you have me and someone else conflated.

Seriously.

I'm not who you think I am.

But your confusion explains what heretofore has been inexplicable anger on your part towards me.

If you look at my actual words and who I really am, there is no reason for you to despise me as you do.

@driftdiver  - I seriously want to clear this up.  You've accused me of two things that are absolutely, PROVABLY untrue.  I agree with you on 95% of issues, and you should not hate me.   I agree that my sarcastic nature is sometimes off-putting, but it is no reason for a fellow conservative to be so filled with rage about.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 07:42:10 pm by musiclady »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I find this hysterically amusing:  that on a thread ABOUT Trump publicly calling Chuck Todd a 'son-of-a-bitch', that Trump's clapping seals are beside themselves in outrage over how they are being talked about and treated on a public message board.

The irony is fantabulous!
@Cyber Liberty A good example of why those of us who have chosen to hope for the best find little value in discussion with the NTs.   Constant comments such as this by the very same people beating up on @Emjay when she doesn't say anything this insulting.
Don't know if it matters much but I see the insult.  Hard not to spot it.

On the other hand I don't know that INVAR speaks for most of NT.  I am not convinced you or the GOP is insalvagable unsalvageable
...I think I just made that word up...msg me if my meaning is unclear.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia

I understand and agree.  Colleagues usually make the same comment after I've visited a particularly disturbing thread .... "You've got that "effing incredulous" (my two favorite words) look on your face ... who were you talking to?   I just shake my head all the way to the coffee maker.   :laugh:

Enjoy your day!  :beer:

@Emjay

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

I've seen people step in it before, but the last half dozen or so of your posts have been two feet, fall down, and flail around.  This is a nice topper.  I feel like I have a front row seat at La Brea during the Pleistocene.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

On Oprah, as with all Trump’s tweets, he likes to acknowledg the 800 pound gorilla in the room. Trump doesn’t mince words. He lets everyone know where he’s coming from about any news of the day. Very refreshing.
Really?  When is the Wall going up?  When is Hillary going to prison?  When do the Obamacare additions get kicked off medicare?  When will we know the swamp is drained?  Those are my 800 pound gorillas.

Offline driftdiver

You may ask the mods, but I almost never report anyone (it's been months, maybe more, and hardly ever).

I seriously think you have me and someone else conflated.

Seriously.

I'm not who you think I am.

But your confusion explains what heretofore has been inexplicable anger on your part towards me.

If you look at my actual words and who I really am, there is no reason for you to despise me as you do.

@driftdiver  - I seriously want to clear this up.  You've accused me of two things that are absolutely, PROVABLY untrue.  I agree with you on 95% of issues, and you should not hate me.   I agree that my sarcastic nature is sometimes off-putting, but it is no reason for a fellow conservative to be so filled with rage about.

@musiclady
Not

- fragile
- filled with rage
- hate

More bored and unwilling to communicate further with a woman who seeks to demean me at every opportunity (including my religion or status as a 'Christian') to build herself up.   

Offline driftdiver

Really?  When is the Wall going up?  When is Hillary going to prison?  When do the Obamacare additions get kicked off medicare?  When will we know the swamp is drained?  Those are my 800 pound gorillas.

@Once-Ler
What single person could do all of those things while fighting both parties in Congress and the alphabet of govt agencies seeking to illegally remove him from office?

How about giving him credit for what he has done.   He has been trying to get money for the wall.    He has tried to repeal Obamacare and when that failed due to Congress he took other actions within his power.   He cut the EPA, State Dept and Dept of Education power.

Heck he's removed more govt regulations than any other President.  That alone is a massive benefit to our country

Offline Concerned

@Concerned
The cruxt of the argument is there are a significant number of 'conservatives' who bash Trump and anyone who supports Trump no matter what he does.  At most they are silent but will usually find an angle to be angry about within a day.

Trumps meeting with NK for example.   It is potentially a way to advert a nasty war and the deaths of millions of people, yet many here did nothing but bash him.

OK, you're obviously entitled to your opinion.  I just haven't seen all that many "conservatives" bash Trump "no matter what he does".  Mostly from conservatives, what I have seen is very specific criticism when he isn't conservative enough (e.g., adding trillions to the debt) or when he does or says stupid or childish things (e.g., lies, due process later, etc).  That's certainly been the case with me (I think) and certainly the case with almost all the criticism I've seen from conservatives here at TBR.

Relative to North Korea, this is as high a stakes as it gets, and is a HUGE, possibly once in a lifetime opportunity.   I think the issue many have is:  Can Trump be trusted to stay on the script?  I've seen little to no evidence he is capable of that.   Further, all world leaders seem to now know that the way to ingratiate yourself to Donald Trump is through flattery.   I believe he needs to be highly skeptical of Kim Jung Un, but will he be skeptical if Kim flatters him? 

Look at Putin, we know from Trump's own Intelligence Community that the Russian tried to meddle in the 2016 elections yet right after meeting with Putin, Trump said he believes that Putin believes it when he says he didn't meddle.  This level of apparent naivete is quite concerning to me especially when as he's going to meet a proven lying dictator.   I think Trump's strategy has gotten Kim to the table.  Good for Trump.  I just wish I had any reason to believe he can push this across the goal line but I just can't see North Korea denuking, but I can see them getting legitimacy by simply sitting down and then walking away from the US President, and that's exactly what I think will happen.  I certainly do NOT think they'll denuke.  We'll see.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 07:53:26 pm by Concerned »
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
There's a whole lot of irony on this thread alone...

Projection and drama too.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

@Right_in_Virginia

I thought you were leaving?  I have not had enough time to miss you.