Author Topic: Tom Brokaw rips Trump for calling Chuck Todd a 'son of a bitch': 'Really classy'  (Read 11851 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
There definitely are bullies on this thread --- but they're not insecure --- they're condescending, judgmental and to the core mean. 

Apparently this thread is now a senior chat room for the elderly with nothing else to do.   

The bullies on this thread not only give "elderly" a bad name ... add "conservative", "character"  and TBR to the list.

Projection once again being flung by the Wannabe Moderator and Usurper who thinks they have authority to tell us how the board should be run.

There is no one more condescending, judgmental, mean-to-the-core and insecure on this board than you.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I really wish the "Trump Wars" would cease.

Not likely, since the man himself goes out of his way to incite controversy.  It could be anything at any given time, whether it's an actual serious issue or who gives a damn stuff like the undeclared Oprah presidential campaign. 
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline musiclady

Wish I wrote that.

You coulda.......... :beer:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

Not likely, since the man himself goes out of his way to incite controversy.  It could be anything at any given time, whether it's an actual serious issue or who gives a damn stuff like the undeclared Oprah presidential campaign.

It's like @Victoria33 has stated............. Trump thrives on chaos.  If there is none to be found, he creates it.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Agree. Em is just plain spoken. I don’t see her insulting anyone so much as just offering her perspective on the issue under discussion.

But, Em and I are in the same camp – well, she’s in the camp, I built a mini mansion and swimming pool there so I may not notice it – if it exists. And, stating the obvious, Trump supporters and Trump detractors I think see Trump and politics differently.

@aligncare

I see Trump as the potential means to an end.   If conservatives continue to bash him all they will do is push him left. As has started to happen with gun rights.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

Projection once again being flung by the Wannabe Moderator and Usurper who thinks they have authority to tell us how the board should be run.

There is no one more condescending, judgmental, mean-to-the-core and insecure on this board than you.

@INVAR
Now theres irony for ya.

Offline DB

@aligncare

I see Trump as the potential means to an end.   If conservatives continue to bash him all they will do is push him left. As has started to happen with gun rights.

So the guy that wanted to ban assault weapons when he ran for president in 2000 is now taking gun rights away because "conservatives are bashing him"...

Just wow... Maybe, just maybe he's doing exactly what was predicted he'd do based on his past behavior...

Offline aligncare

On Oprah, as with all Trump’s tweets, he likes to acknowledg the 800 pound gorilla in the room. Trump doesn’t mince words. He lets everyone know where he’s coming from about
any news of the day. Very refreshing.

Offline edpc

That cannot be pinned on criticism, especially when he's espoused liberal views on gun control in the past.  If anything, we're just witnessing the natural peeling of a micro-thin veneer in sunlight.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@aligncare

And if supporters of Trump continue to bash his detractors, then they, too, will be pushed away.  It's a two-way street.

I don't really have a side in this contest, and I find myself being pushed all the time, by both sides.  And always pushed "away."  Never pulled "toward."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Oh that's rich!

So..... if Conservatives attempt to hold Trump's feet to the fire, then Trump will be pushed LEFT???

Oh I see - so keep silent and Trump will be Conservative, because if you bash Trump - he will go Left.

"Be nice to Trump - or he will do what you don't want him to do".

I don't think there has ever been a more cogent and salient reason for considering Trump to be totally unfit for the Presidency than that.

I see Trump as the potential means to an end.

Of course you do. 

Just like liberals, it doesn't matter the means used so long as the ends are achieved.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 07:01:43 pm by INVAR »

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

There definitely are bullies on this thread --- but they're not insecure --- they're condescending, judgmental and to the core mean. 

Apparently this thread is now a senior chat room for the elderly with nothing else to do.   

The bullies on this thread not only give "elderly" a bad name ... add "conservative", "character"  and TBR to the list.

What a disgrace.   **nononono*

@Emjay I apologize to you on their behalf.
I wish we understood each other.  I recognize that we are very similar.  I want you to know I believe you are an extremely intelligent women.  Filled with compassion and empathy for the suffering of your fellow man.  You see demons ripping up the foundations of your reality.  I see it too, but the demons are you.  The fact that you are a deluded yet a good person makes it all the more sad to me.  I know you see me in a similar light, and I recognize that you maybe right and I am wrong.

but I ask you, with so much on the line, and the futures of our grandchildren at stake...are you sure you don't want to consider you could be very badly mistaken?  Are all these warnings "fake news?"

Offline driftdiver

And if supporters of Trump continue to bash his detractors, then they, too, will be pushed away.  It's a two-way street.

I don't really have a side in this contest, and I find myself being pushed all the time, by both sides.  And always pushed "away."  Never pulled "toward."

@Cyber Liberty
People on both sides are at fault for continuing the bickering.     Not everyone but enough to make it intolerable.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

@aligncare

Interesting point.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

and I find myself being pushed all the time, by both sides.  And always pushed "away."  Never pulled "toward."

I find that being nickel.... I am not magnetic.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline musiclady

@aligncare

This is post modern atheist philosophy.   Are you sure you want to go there, @driftdiver ?

(I know you have me on Ignore because you perceive me as a meany - and as a result I perceive you as fragile - but perhaps you can defend your secular humanist philosophy to someone else so I can read it).

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I find this hysterically amusing:  that on a thread ABOUT Trump publicly calling Chuck Todd a 'son-of-a-bitch', that Trump's clapping seals are beside themselves in outrage over how they are being talked about and treated on a public message board.

The irony is fantabulous!

Offline edpc

On Oprah, as with all Trump’s tweets, he likes to acknowledg the 800 pound gorilla in the room. Trump doesn’t mince words. He lets everyone know where he’s coming from about
any news of the day. Very refreshing.

It was news after the NBC made that silly posting back in January.  However, a month later, he comes out of left field with another Oprah campaign tweet after watching 60 Minutes.  For whatever reason, he has to also tell us all about Alec Baldwin's impression of him.  Who cares?

Offline DB

I find this hysterically amusing:  that on a thread ABOUT Trump publicly calling Chuck Todd a 'son-of-a-bitch', that Trump's clapping seals are beside themselves in outrage over how they are being talked about and treated on a public message board.

There's a whole lot of irony on this thread alone...

Offline driftdiver

This is post modern atheist philosophy.   Are you sure you want to go there, @driftdiver ?

(I know you have me on Ignore because you perceive me as a meany - and as a result I perceive you as fragile - but perhaps you can defend your secular humanist philosophy to someone else so I can read it).

@musiclady
No I have you on ignore because you are a mean spirited bore.   Just like the above post where you attempt to demean your intended target with the language you use.   Calling me 'fragile' which considering your stated background as a therapist is an interesting choice of words.  Which means you are doing it on purpose.

Hence the mean spirited bore

Offline Suppressed

@aligncare

@driftdiver

If you'll recall, the Trumpists insisted that if he won, they'd hold his feet to the fire if he got wobbly.

We can now see who was totally dishonest.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline driftdiver

@Cyber Liberty
A good example of why those of us who have chosen to hope for the best find little value in discussion with the NTs.   Constant comments such as this by the very same people beating up on @Emjay when she doesn't say anything this insulting.

Offline edpc

I kinda get what he means.  For a time, during the transition, I thought Trump might have been serious about swamp draining. 

Offline driftdiver

@driftdiver

If you'll recall, the Trumpists insisted that if he won, they'd hold his feet to the fire if he got wobbly.

We can now see who was totally dishonest.

@Suppressed
Actually many Trump supporters have especially on the 2nd amendment issue.   So now who is dishonest?

Offline Suppressed

@Suppressed
Actually many Trump supporters have especially on the 2nd amendment issue.   

Yes, finally.  Some.  After amnesty, $1+ trillion of debt spending, etc. 

It's about time.  And I don't see them going after him with firm vitriol, showing him his support is gone unless he's conservative.

So now who is dishonest?
Trump.  But since we all knew that ahead of time, it's supposedly okay.

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn