Author Topic: Trump agrees to meet with North Korea's Kim Jong Un by May, South Korea says  (Read 1516 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump agrees to meet with North Korea's Kim Jong Un by May, South Korea says
By Rebecca Kheel - 03/08/18 07:15 PM EST

President Trump has said he is willing to meet with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un by May in an effort to see North Korea abandon its nuclear ambitions, South Korea’s national security adviser said Thursday night.

Chung Eui-yong made the announcement during a news conference outside the White House after meeting with Trump administration officials. Chung said the North Korean leader has expressed his "eagerness to meet with President Trump as soon as possible."

Chung led a South Korean delegation earlier in the week on a historic trip to Pyongyang. During the trip, the envoys became the first South Korean officials to meet with Kim since he took power in 2011.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/377524-north-koreas-kim-jong-un-invites-trump-to-meet
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I pray for a positive outcome.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I remember when Albright almost met with him after similar promises our side screamed a fit . The Norks make these moves on almost a 10 year cycle, usually a move to try to get some recognition. Every time they make thes promises, they pull the football out and end up getting more nuclear tech.

Let's hope they don't meet or even give them the recognition they desire.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

The Daily Caller
RYAN PICKRELL
7:23 PM 03/08/2018

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has invited President Donald Trump to meet, and the president has agreed.

South Korean National Security Adviser Chung Eui-Yong, who recently led a delegation to Pyongyang for talks with North Korean leadership, briefed the White House on the recent meetings in the North Korean capital Thursday. Chung delivered a letter to Trump from Kim Jong Un personally inviting the president to meet the young dictator.

Chung told reporters Thursday night that North Korea is committed to denuclearization and stressed that Kim expressed “his eagerness to meet President Trump as soon as possible.” The South Korean envoy revealed that “President Trump appreciated the greeting and said he would meet Kim Jong un by may to achieve permanent denuclearization.”

(more)
http://dailycaller.com/2018/03/08/trump-agrees-to-meet-kim-jong-un/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I remember when Albright almost met with him after similar promises our side screamed a fit . The Norks make these moves on almost a 10 year cycle, usually a move to try to get some recognition. Every time they make thes promises, they pull the football out and end up getting more nuclear tech.

Let's hope they don't meet or even give them the recognition they desire.

Albright met his father.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 12:52:10 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline ABX

It is funny watching the FR live thread on the announcement. Before it was made, they were consistent in decrying the Norks and saying to not trust them. Then, as soon as :baghead: says he'll meet, they change their tune and call it brilliant. Lol. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The White House confirmed that Trump would accept Kim's invitation to meet.

“He will accept the invitation to meet with Kim Jong Un at a place and time to be determined," White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said. "We look forward to the denuclearization of North Korea. In the meantime, all sanctions and maximum pressure must remain.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/south-koreans-deliver-letter-trump-kim-jong-un-n855051

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
I pray for a positive outcome.

An ant can't move a rubber tree plant.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
An ant can't move a rubber tree plant.

I've heard that somewhere. 

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
As long as Trump doesn't go to NK for the meet it's a good idea.

The Albright trip did an immense amount to prop up his father.  He said he made the evil Americans come to him and we looked weak.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline ABX

(stolen comment)

There are four nations listed as sponsors of terrorism.  North Korea is one. 

According to the Trump State Department:

"Countries determined by the Secretary of State to have repeatedly provided support for acts of international terrorism are designated pursuant to three laws: section 6(j) of the Export Administration Act, section 40 of the Arms Export Control Act, and section 620A of the Foreign Assistance Act. Taken together, the four main categories of sanctions resulting from designation under these authorities include restrictions on U.S. foreign assistance; a ban on defense exports and sales; certain controls over exports of dual use items; and miscellaneous financial and other restrictions.

Designation under the above-referenced authorities also implicates other sanctions laws that penalize persons and countries engaging in certain trade with state sponsors. Currently there are four countries designated under these authorities: the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (North Korea), Iran, Sudan, and Syria"

So, we DO negotiate with Terror Friendly nations?

What am I missing?

Offline dfwgator

"Only Trump Could Go To North Korea"

Offline dfwgator

Trump should have set a pre-condition of the Norks returning the USS Pueblo before agreeing to meet.

Offline kevindavis007

It is funny watching the FR live thread on the announcement. Before it was made, they were consistent in decrying the Norks and saying to not trust them. Then, as soon as :baghead: says he'll meet, they change their tune and call it brilliant. Lol.

2+2=5
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline kevindavis007

Trump should have set a pre-condition of the Norks returning the USS Pueblo before agreeing to meet.

Also have them hand over the remaining traitors that are still in NK.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline montanajoe

Every administration since Harry Truman has  come to the conclusion that military action on the Korean peninsula is basically impossible short WW III....

Undoubtedly, we will write another check....

I suspect Trump is listening and respects Kelly and Mathis' opinions...so I'm withholding judgment....

One thing that should be very amusing is the theater both Trump and Kim will create...unless of course you work in preschool and have seen it all before.... :shrug:

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Only Trump Would Go To North Korea
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline bilo

I think this might actually be a big turning point for Korea. The north knows and says they accept that the talks are not about suspending their nuclear activities, but denuclearization. They may have finally realized that unlike obama Pres. Trump will act with overwhelming force if they go much further.

We will see, but this looks to be pretty good.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline RoosGirl

I just hope someone helps Trump figure out the difference between North and South Korea by then.

Offline dfwgator

I just hope someone helps Trump figure out the difference between North and South Korea by then.

Oh, Please.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

"Only Trump Could Go To North Korea"

The date and place have not yet been determined.

Offline bilo

You know, I never saw the "super smart" obama get this kind of a reaction from any foreign leader.

Trump deserves credit for changing the approach with North Korea. He's taken a lot of criticism for it, but North Korea is reacting in a positive way. Lets hope real change can be accomplished.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline dfwgator

Who would have thought that Reagan would have met Gorbachev and even would have visited the Soviet Union when he was elected?  The Left thought he was a "reckless Cowboy" who would get us all nuked.