Author Topic: Unsurprisingly, Ted Cruz Wins Republican Primary  (Read 1798 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Unsurprisingly, Ted Cruz Wins Republican Primary
« on: March 07, 2018, 06:32:38 am »
https://www.redstate.com/prevaila/2018/03/06/unsurprisingly-ted-cruz-wins-republican-primary/

Incumbent Ted Cruz won the Republican primary in Texas Tuesday night for the U.S. Senate.

Cruz will face off against Irish-American — not Hispanic at all — Rep. Robert O’Rourke in November.

Ted Cruz @tedcruz

I am deeply grateful that Republicans in Texas turned out and put their confidence in me to continue leading the fight for Texas values in Washington. Now let's get to work to #KeepTexasRed:

Offline corbe

Re: Unsurprisingly, Ted Cruz Wins Republican Primary
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 06:37:46 am »
   It was that Trump Endorsement that got him over the Hump.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 08:43:20 am »
   It was that Trump Endorsement that got him over the Hump.

Yeppers ... Trump returned the favor of Cruz getting him elected.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 09:15:38 am »
For a state of 24,000,000 people, not really a good turnout for anyone. It shows most likely, folks don't want the Democrats gun-control, pro-choice agenda. Almost any Republican should have been able to run and get 1.3 million votes out of this and that is? What something like 10% of those eligible to vote? It really goes to show it about no-shows again . Out of a total of 24 m, one can make their own conclusions.  O'Rourke avoids a run-off which frequently happens to the Democrats in the primary.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 12:09:23 pm »
For a state of 24,000,000 people, not really a good turnout for anyone. It shows most likely, folks don't want the Democrats gun-control, pro-choice agenda. Almost any Republican should have been able to run and get 1.3 million votes out of this and that is? What something like 10% of those eligible to vote? It really goes to show it about no-shows again . Out of a total of 24 m, one can make their own conclusions.  O'Rourke avoids a run-off which frequently happens to the Democrats in the primary.

Texas became a much brighter shade of red last night overall.  I haven't yet determined exactly how much darker the red is but it's a lot!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 01:17:29 pm »
Texas became a much brighter shade of red last night overall.  I haven't yet determined exactly how much darker the red is but it's a lot!

Great news!  :patriot:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 03:27:09 pm »
Congratulations to Ted Cruz!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 11:10:42 pm »
Congratulations indeed to Senator Ted Cruz!     :patriot:  :patriot:  :patriot:  :patriot:  :patriot:

Despite improved Dem showing, Texas GOP sets midterm record

https://nypost.com/2018/03/07/despite-improved-dem-showing-texas-gop-sets-midterm-record/

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2018, 11:15:17 pm »
1.5 Million People vote for Rafael.  In a primary.   888high58888
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2018, 11:24:30 pm »

Ted kicked butt!   888high58888

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2018, 01:13:23 am »

Some day you people are going to learn to listen to me!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline WingNot

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2018, 01:17:38 am »
Some day you people are going to learn to listen to me!

Hey,  I hear you.  just say'n! 888high58888

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2018, 01:26:56 am »
bookmark

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2018, 01:28:55 am »
Here is the problem with the Texas Primary numbers, comparing 2014 with 2018 - both non-presidential years.
Compare the Democrat votes 2018 with 2014.  The reality is, November is not a lock for Republicans, due to this Democrat increase.  If Independent voters vote Democrat this time in November (they tend not to vote in primaries), the outcome is more indefinite.

Democrats 2014 Primary Election   510,009
Democrats 2018 Primary Election 1,037,799

Republicans 2014 Primary Election 1,314,556
Republicans 2018 Primary Election 1,543,674

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2018, 01:39:27 am »
Here is the problem with the Texas Primary numbers, comparing 2014 with 2018 - both non-presidential years.
Compare the Democrat votes 2018 with 2014.  The reality is, November is not a lock for Republicans, due to this Democrat increase.  If Independent voters vote Democrat this time in November (they tend not to vote in primaries), the outcome is more indefinite.

Pimping this shit again. I see you not mentioning that the Rats pulled out all the stops for voter turn out and came up half a million short. As for you're nonsense about "Independents" they don't exist in enough numbers to matter.....especially in TX.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2018, 01:42:47 am »
Pimping this shit again. I see you not mentioning that the Rats pulled out all the stops for voter turn out and came up half a million short. As for you're nonsense about "Independents" they don't exist in enough numbers to matter.....especially in TX.

If you don't agree you don't have to be nasty about it..just state your opinion
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2018, 01:43:51 am »

Why are you wasting time with facts, logic, and truth on Trump supporters?  They don't want to hear it, and they will punish you for your wrong-think.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2018, 02:04:14 am »
If you don't agree you don't have to be nasty about it..just state your opinion

You always have that nasty women's back.   ****slapping

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2018, 02:35:49 am »
This has to really chap the hindquarters of several of the Trumpettes on this forum!
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2018, 02:51:26 am »
Why are you wasting time with facts, logic, and truth on Trump supporters?  They don't want to hear it, and they will punish you for your wrong-think.
@Once-Ler

Thanks for your post.  That is why I don't post much on political threads.  In this case, the Texas numbers are the numbers and Democrats haven't voted in this number "in a primary" for twenty years.  Primary numbers, if one knows how to use them, do mean something, especially county by county.  I worked with the numbers for 12 years for the state party, so I ignore those who post to me with a personal attack along with their filthy language when they do it.  They can't stick with the subject which says they don't know much about that subject so personal attack is all they have left.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 02:57:19 am by Victoria33 »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2018, 02:56:11 am »
@Once-Ler

Thanks for your post.  That is why I don't post much on political threads.  In this case, the Texas numbers are the numbers and Democrats haven't voted in this number "in a primary" for twenty years.  Primary numbers, if one knows how to use them, do mean something, especially county by county.  I worked with the numbers for 12 years for the state party, so I ignore those who post to me out of emotion and use filthy language in the process.

Most here recognize your expertise on Texas politics and appreciate your posts..don't listen to the few who can't be civil when they disagree..when they act like that their opinions don't matter.
@Victoria33
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2018, 03:17:26 am »
Has anyone heard of an initiative to have a state electoral college? This would ensure the big city leftists can't do to Texas what they've done to California. I heard this idea is passing on the Andrew Wilkow program on Sirius- have to do some research.

The only liberals I know are the out-of-state refugees from hellholes like California and eastern cities that move here and try to make it like where they fled. The only reason I have contact with these people is because of a weekly meeting I attend in San Antonio.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2018, 03:17:33 am »

The problem with that is that democrats have figured out that they can't win squat running as democrats in Texas and run in the republican primary instead. Their buds then crossover and vote for their bud instead of the actual republican(s) in the race.  Some, but by no means all, of that got sorted out last night.

You can't tell squat about what will happen in November by looking a March primary races anymore.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2018, 03:19:09 am »
Has anyone heard of an initiative to have a state electoral college? This would ensure the big city leftists can't do to Texas what they've done to California. I heard this idea is passing on the Andrew Wilkow program on Sirius- have to do some research.

The only liberals I know are the out-of-state refugees from hellholes like California and eastern cities that move here and try to make it like where they fled. The only reason I have contact with these people is because of a weekly meeting I attend in San Antonio.

No, but I would like to hear more.

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2018, 03:28:28 am »
@Once-Ler

Thanks for your post.  That is why I don't post much on political threads.  In this case, the Texas numbers are the numbers and Democrats haven't voted in this number "in a primary" for twenty years.  Primary numbers, if one knows how to use them, do mean something, especially county by county.  I worked with the numbers for 12 years for the state party, so I ignore those who post to me with a personal attack along with their filthy language when they do it.  They can't stick with the subject which says they don't know much about that subject so personal attack is all they have left.

I appreciate your post too Vicki.  I wish I could say "stay strong," or "eventually people will recognize how much you care about America."  Despite how overwhelmed you were by the elections of 1994, or how disillusioned you were by the impeachment hearing in 1998, or your elation at the 2000 elections, or your anger over 9-11, or your feeling about anything since...you will always be the worst scum to infect the party of Trump.  You were always part of the problem.

not to me, but to Trump and his sycophants.  For them, you are worthy of ridicule and that is what they do best.  I am sorry and I wish it wasn't so.

On the other hand they were never worth your support.   They were never "good" people.