Author Topic: Kellyanne Conway found to have violated Hatch Act  (Read 1714 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kellyanne Conway found to have violated Hatch Act
« on: March 06, 2018, 05:15:03 pm »
Kellyanne Conway found to have violated Hatch Act
By John Bowden - 03/06/18 11:59 AM EST

White House counselor Kellyanne Conway violated the Hatch Act on two occasions, the Office of Special Counsel (OSC) informed the Trump administration Tuesday.

Appearing in her official capacity, Conway endorsed and advocated against political candidates, the watchdog said, referring its findings to President Trump for disciplinary action.

The violations occurred during two television appearances in 2017, one on "Fox and Friends," and one on CNN's "New Day."

“While the Hatch Act allows federal employees to express their views about candidates and political issues as private citizens, it restricts employees from using their official government positions for partisan political purposes, including by trying to influence partisan elections,” OSC says in its report.

“Ms. Conway’s statements during the Fox & Friends and New Day interviews impermissibly mixed official government business with political views about candidates in the Alabama special election for U.S. Senate."

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/376945-watchdog-kellyanne-conway-violated-hatch-act-twice-in-tv-appearances
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Kellyanne Conway found to have violated Hatch Act
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 05:18:24 pm »
#OnlyTheBest   :silly:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 05:20:19 pm »
#OnlyTheBest   :silly:

I know. If only we could get back the the heady days of the Obama administration things would be a lot better off.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 05:20:39 pm »
Who does OSC think they are?  This Administration is ABOVE the law!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 05:21:35 pm »
I know. If only we could get back the the heady days of the Obama administration things would be a lot better off.

Right now it's hard to tell the difference.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2018, 05:24:55 pm »
Right now it's hard to tell the difference.

Well, it could be worse. We could have some slack jawed Texan loser running the place again.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2018, 05:26:11 pm »
Well, it could be worse. We could have some slack jawed Texan loser running the place again.

You know one of these days...you might actually say something intelligent on one of these threads and make a legitimate contribution...till then...I'm putting you on mute.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2018, 05:28:36 pm »
The spin going on right now on Fox News on whether she was on "personal time" or "government time" when she was stumping on TV for Roy Moore is funny.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2018, 05:31:04 pm »
“While the Hatch Act allows federal employees to express their views about candidates and political issues as private citizens, it restricts employees from using their official government positions for partisan political purposes, including by trying to influence partisan elections,” OSC says in its report.

The Hatch Act, eh?

L'espoir est en marche. Merci

CIA espionage orders for the 2012 French presidential election

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2018, 05:33:20 pm »
You know one of these days...you might actually say something intelligent on one of these threads and make a legitimate contribution...till then...I'm putting you on mute.

LOL. You do that. In the meantime I am going to be here laughing my ass off as your state goes Rat as you sit here pounding away making silly points on a forum when you should have your lazy ass out hitting the streets getting GOP'ers elected.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2018, 05:54:26 pm »
LOL. You do that. In the meantime I am going to be here laughing my ass off as your state goes Rat as you sit here pounding away making silly points on a forum when you should have your lazy ass out hitting the streets getting GOP'ers elected.

:thumbsup:

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2018, 05:58:52 pm »
The enemies surrounding the President are taking out his staff one by one.  When he's the last one standing they're going to shoot him between the eyes --- I just don't know if it will be politically or literally.  But shoot they will.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2018, 06:01:37 pm »

Texas is NOT going Democrat.  Heck...I haven't even voted yet.  Really not enthused about voting either.  I'll vote by the end of the day...yawn....

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2018, 06:08:33 pm »
Texas is NOT going Democrat. 

It isn't until it is. I don't know if you have been keeping up with the news but Soros is on a Jihad to flip that state. He has a bunch of soldiers on the ground helping him. If I were there I personally would be concerned and doing something to combat that stealth move. Instead I am seeing some apathy here from locals that "It would never happen here". Well if the deck is stacked, it just might.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 06:09:06 pm by Frank Cannon »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2018, 06:14:31 pm »
Texas is NOT going Democrat.  Heck...I haven't even voted yet.  Really not enthused about voting either.  I'll vote by the end of the day...yawn....

Let’s not pretend like it’s never been and can’t be again.

https://www.270towin.com/states/Texas
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2018, 06:17:56 pm »

Let’s not pretend like it’s never been and can’t be again.

https://www.270towin.com/states/Texas

Cruz needs to get his ass to Texas and do some old fashioned campaigning .... on issues that matter to Texans.

He better not lose this seat.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2018, 06:24:00 pm »
This has been discussed, it seems it is easy to say someone violated the Hatch act and when, initially debated, I believe they said one could have said Obama violated the Hatch act. The only people saying this is some "watchdog" group, so, that may well not carry much weight.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2018, 06:26:03 pm »

^^^ This!  Everyone was convinced it was going "blue" with Wendy Davis.

Someone remind me how well that worked out for the Dems in Texas.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2018, 06:27:05 pm »

It's a minority-majority state since 2005, majority of the kids are minority in the schools. Take it or leave it. Every other minority-majority state is blue; research will show, the Hispanics have not shown up in big numbers to vote but the votes are there on the assumption, most would break for the Democrats. Deny it if one wishes. The Democrat agenda is what keeps it close, most don't want to vote for that.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2018, 06:27:39 pm »
This has been discussed, it seems it is easy to say someone violated the Hatch act and when, initially debated, I believe they said one could have said Obama violated the Hatch act. The only people saying this is some "watchdog" group, so, that may well not carry much weight.

He did violate the Hatch Act in a much worse way.  He interfered in the Israeli elections in 2014.

One could also make the case that he violated the act in his effort to help the Mo Bros take over in Egypt as well.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2018, 06:27:42 pm »
There are Ted Cruz and Texas articles in the forum on page 1 of politics, I don't see why folks are talking about this here.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2018, 06:28:42 pm »
It's a minority-majority state since 2005, majority of the kids are minority in the schools. Take it or leave it. Every other minority-majority state is blue; research will show, the Hispanics have not shown up in big numbers to vote but the votes are there on the assumption, most would break for the Democrats. Deny it if one wishes. The Democrat agenda is what keeps it close, most don't want to vote for that.

It hasn't been close Dem v. Republican in Texas in a long long time.

You'd know that if you really knew anything about Texas politics.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2018, 06:33:09 pm »
There are Ted Cruz and Texas articles in the forum on page 1 of politics, I don't see why folks are talking about this here.

No one is making you read these articles.  Quit channeling your inner RiV.

Online libertybele

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2018, 06:33:34 pm »

Interesting that you say that; Cruz took him on when he was president and won the case.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2018, 06:34:10 pm »

Amen.  This is the biggest load of dung I've seen since the circus left town.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.