Author Topic: Trump 'outpacing Reagan' in conservative accomplishments  (Read 20623 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Trump 'outpacing Reagan' in conservative accomplishments
« Reply #425 on: March 14, 2018, 11:46:39 am »
I love how some people desperately cling to the misguided notion that one man is the answer to all the problems in this country. 

The need to pump him up and make false claims about how much he's done when about all he's done is maintain the status quo and not screw up things as badly as some had thought he would is truly pathetic and smells of desperation.

What's even funnier is the pathological need for some to try and compare him to Reagan.

I guess that's what the blind acolytes have to do when they know their guy can't stand on his own accomplishments.

The guy who stole Reagan's campaign slogan and bashed his tax reforms to a Dem led committee in the 80s isn't worthy of shining Ronnie's riding boots.

And now we are beginning to see the Trump everyone thought would show up...autocratic...Liberal and definitely not a Conservative.  Someone willing to say anything to get adoration and yet perfectly willing to do nothing to put action to his words.

I can't wait to see thebTrumpsplaining if (God forbid) we lose control of the House and Senate and Donny returns to the Trump we saw in that MTP interview.

It's gonna get deep around here and a person will make a killing selling hip waders.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 11:47:13 am by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #426 on: March 14, 2018, 12:54:30 pm »
If you really want to be believed ... how about you simply post:  "I do not hate the President.  I respect the political earthquake he made possible in 2016 and how hard he is working to keep his promises against unrelenting assaults and odds that would crush almost any other officeholder.  I want him to be successful, I need him to be successful because if he is not, this country may lose the last best chance to reverse the courts, the economy, our border security, national security and the grassroots belief that we are capable of making America great again."

Feel free to put this sentiment into your own words.

No, we're not interested in chanting your mantra of an apostolic Trump-Creed in order to be 'believed' by people like you.

We're not part of your cult.

We have no desire to adopt your worship and liturgies to a man in office.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #427 on: March 14, 2018, 02:19:22 pm »
No, we're not interested in chanting your mantra of an apostolic Trump-Creed in order to be 'believed' by people like you.

Psychological Projection is not a pretty sight.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #428 on: March 14, 2018, 02:23:12 pm »

Psychological Projection is not a pretty sight.

Except we are not the ones advocating others repeat specific creeds of devotion to assuage believability.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #429 on: March 14, 2018, 02:27:27 pm »
Except we are not the ones advocating others repeat specific creeds of devotion to assuage believability.

Like hell. Try calling out Cruz to you people. You shit bricks.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #430 on: March 14, 2018, 02:32:58 pm »

'Us people'?

I'm not a Cruz acolyte.

Also, I'm not familiar with any of us on the board here who are not rabid Trump defenders asking others to 'repeat after me' liturgies like this:

If you really want to be believed ... how about you simply post:  "I do not hate the President.  I respect the political earthquake he made possible in 2016 and how hard he is working to keep his promises against unrelenting assaults and odds that would crush almost any other officeholder.  I want him to be successful, I need him to be successful because if he is not, this country may lose the last best chance to reverse the courts, the economy, our border security, national security and the grassroots belief that we are capable of making America great again."

« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 02:36:04 pm by INVAR »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #431 on: March 14, 2018, 02:36:22 pm »

That’s a bizarre thing to say. Even for you, Frank.

There is no comparison between  Cruz supporters who respect his Constitutionalism and those of you trumpies who fly into a rage when he is criticized.

(Yes, I mean you, Frank, as you are now on the front lines with your rapier wit and keen intellectual debate.  *****rollingeyes*****)
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #432 on: March 14, 2018, 03:04:01 pm »

@txradioguy

Happy to. 

Trump is 1990 Buster Douglas.  He knocked out a seemingly undefeatable, but beleaguered opponent with a well timed uppercut in one of the biggest upsets of all time.  However, we quickly found out he was a one-trick pony and not a true fighter at all.  It was nice to see him defeat Goliath, but it was eventually made clear he was out of his element at that level.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #433 on: March 14, 2018, 03:11:19 pm »

Happy to. 

Trump is 1990 Buster Douglas.  He knocked out a seemingly undefeatable, but beleaguered opponent with a well timed uppercut in one of the biggest upsets of all time.  However, we quickly found out he was a one-trick pony and not a true fighter at all.  It was nice to see him defeat Goliath, but it was eventually made clear he was out of his element at that level.

:silly:

A dishonest argument was about Gorsuch who has been praised by conservatives across the board, including some Senators. Wow. Your really swinging for the fences today.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #434 on: March 14, 2018, 03:14:02 pm »
Whatever, the thread is about Trump and Reagan.

I think we may be seeing a backlash to the breaking up of the USSR. Okay, the people in the Warsaw pact, etc. needed to have freedom. At the same time,  I've seen the case that then, the West helped break up the USSR, that's on Reagan as well. We may be suffering friction now because of that. That's for experts.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #435 on: March 14, 2018, 03:15:46 pm »
And there is no comparison to doing things like defeating ISIS, even if it is getting out of the way and letting the Generals take over, at least making some progress on NK, getting the economy booming versus some who really have little to show per accomplishments.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #436 on: March 14, 2018, 03:16:29 pm »
I'm for the nominee, it be Bush, Dole, Bush, McCain, Romney. You get things done with teamwork. 

Offline edpc

« Reply #437 on: March 14, 2018, 03:19:28 pm »
:silly:

A dishonest argument was about Gorsuch who has been praised by conservatives across the board, including some Senators. Wow. Your really swinging for the fences today.

You completely missed the point of the discussion about Gorsuch. So, I guess you're standing there in center field watching that ball go over your head.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 03:23:43 pm by edpc »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #438 on: March 14, 2018, 03:20:41 pm »
And there is no comparison to doing things like defeating ISIS, even if it is getting out of the way and letting the Generals take over, at least making some progress on NK, getting the economy booming versus some who really have little to show per accomplishments.

Amazing how you can pack so many falsehoods into one sentence.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #439 on: March 14, 2018, 03:26:38 pm »

Slander, cheapshot. Just because you are happy to represent nothing, doesn't mean the rest of us are.

I will accept defeating ISIS, the mess left with North Korea for Trump to straighten out, which he is doing his best to do, a booming economy, return of religious liberties and the most pro-life president ever.

That you deride someone who does such doesn't speak much for your so-called conservative view, just the broken record of slander and libel that one can work up.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #440 on: March 14, 2018, 03:28:12 pm »

You completely missed the point of the discussion about Gorsuch. So, I guess you're standing there in center field watching that ball go over your head.

I don't see how someone can criticize the appointment of Gorsuch, that's true, and to bring "dishonesty" into the conversation? He has been widely praised by conservatives including some Senators people call conservative. I see no problem with that. Of course, we don't know how he will act per future rulings.

Offline edpc

« Reply #441 on: March 14, 2018, 03:30:45 pm »
I don't see how someone can criticize the appointment of Gorsuch, that's true, and to bring "dishonesty" into the conversation? He has been widely praised by conservatives including some Senators people call conservative. I see no problem with that. Of course, we don't know how he will act per future rulings.

Again you're missing the point of what I said, so obviously I'll need to get remedial. I'll have to start by asking you a simple question:  Do you think Gorsuch was chosen, because Trump had a vast and deep knowledge of his court rulings and legal career?

It's a simple question, not a trap.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 03:31:17 pm by edpc »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #442 on: March 14, 2018, 03:38:58 pm »
If you really want to be believed ... how about you simply post:  "I do not hate the President.  I respect the political earthquake he made possible in 2016 and how hard he is working to keep his promises against unrelenting assaults and odds that would crush almost any other officeholder.

No problem there.  I have stated as such numerous times already.  Too bad you can't do the same for Ted Cruz.

I want him to be successful, I need him to be successful because if he is not, this country may lose the last best chance to reverse the courts, the economy, our border security, national security and the grassroots belief that we are capable of making America great again."

Here's where I have a problem.  I certainly want Trump to be successful when it comes to implementing Conservative policies such as ending baseline budgeting, overturning Obamacare, putting a stop to giving out free stuff to illegals everyone, flattening tax rates, etc.  But I do NOT want him to be successful when it comes to implementing liberal policies such as amnesty for illegals, continued federal funding of Planned Parenthood, trade tariffs, etc.

Furthermore, I am not about to congratulate Trump for embracing these same liberal policies, holding them up as examples of his Conservative creds.  If the emperor isn't wearing clothes, then don't BS me about how Conservative they look.

You want to make America great again?  You can start by balancing the budget.  That right there would add $1 trillion of investment into American industries and businesses every year.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 03:51:35 pm by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #443 on: March 14, 2018, 03:45:03 pm »
@Hoodat the only part of that I could put into my own words is I don't hate Trump. Never have never will.

That's a falshood that's been out forward by small minded people who can't handle any criticism and aren't smart enough to engage in anything above knee jerk insults when chlenged.

The rest of what you quoted from that person...is just fresh steaming barnyard excrent. 

Its what the cult wants us to say and would force us to say if they could.

Offline edpc

« Reply #444 on: March 14, 2018, 03:51:29 pm »
@Hoodat the only part of that I could put into my own words is I don't hate Trump. Never have never will........It’s what the cult wants us to say and would force us to say if they could.

The opposing factions on the right don’t understand they have similar reactions to Trump.  Whenever he does something or has a new idea, both gaze skyward, squinch eyes, clench teeth, and say, ‘Oh God.’

The difference is, one side doesn’t need a cigarette afterwards.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #445 on: March 14, 2018, 03:54:54 pm »
@Hoodat the only part of that I could put into my own words is I don't hate Trump. Never have never will.

That's a falshood that's been out forward by small minded people who can't handle any criticism and aren't smart enough to engage in anything above knee jerk insults when chlenged.

The rest of what you quoted from that person...is just fresh steaming barnyard excrent. 

Its what the cult wants us to say and would force us to say if they could.

This is how I perceived the comment being quoted by @Hoodat:

I'm with you.  Don't hate the man at all, but I will not be compelled to "say something," nor be forced to kneel.  That's what it feels like when I see things like that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #446 on: March 14, 2018, 04:20:55 pm »
Whatever, the thread is about Trump and Reagan.

I think we may be seeing a backlash to the breaking up of the USSR. Okay, the people in the Warsaw pact, etc. needed to have freedom. At the same time,  I've seen the case that then, the West helped break up the USSR, that's on Reagan as well. We may be suffering friction now because of that. That's for experts.

Or, it could simply be that any change results in more change.  Sort of the social/cultural Newton's Third Law.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #447 on: March 14, 2018, 04:37:43 pm »
This is how I perceived the comment being quoted by @Hoodat:

I'm with you.  Don't hate the man at all, but I will not be compelled to "say something," nor be forced to kneel.  That's what it feels like when I see things like that.

I'm glad that @Hoodat quoted all of that. I'd seen pieces of it earlier but if he hasn't posted it in full I'd have never known I was tagged in it.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #448 on: March 14, 2018, 04:45:21 pm »

"We're"?  Just how many voices are you hearing in your head @INVAR?  And why are they lying to you?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #449 on: March 14, 2018, 04:49:33 pm »
"We're"?  Just how many voices are you hearing in your head @INVAR?  And why are they lying to you?

Principles, conscience, morality, biblical virtue - those voices in my head never lie.  Of course you and your ilk have told us on many occasions, you have no need or use for such voices in your heads.

That is because you are governed by irrational devotion to a man in political office and his voice and his party bosses that you put in your head.