Author Topic: Trump 'outpacing Reagan' in conservative accomplishments  (Read 21000 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Trump 'outpacing Reagan' in conservative accomplishments
« Reply #350 on: March 12, 2018, 01:43:25 pm »
Personally @RoosGirl I'd like to see this area return to its mission.  This is the political section for discussion about policy and political strategy. 

There are plenty of other areas on this site where members can practice psychotherapy without a license and sharpen their snark skills.  I'm not suggesting this isn't important, just that it tends to clutter the path of intelligent discussion, which I miss.

Here’s some intelligent political strategy and discourse from 2015 you miss so much.

Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart—you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you're a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #351 on: March 12, 2018, 01:45:56 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Sad?  RIV and the other DJT lackies are just sad they have not been able to turn TBR into a orange satellite of Free Republic.

Maybe she thinks we need to put more ice on it like DCP suggested.

Yes, I suspected my reason for believing the situation is sad is vastly different than her reason.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #352 on: March 12, 2018, 01:48:30 pm »

Here’s some intelligent political strategy and discourse from 2015 you miss so much.

Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart—you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you're a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.

Thanks for hurting my brain so early in the day.

Offline edpc

« Reply #353 on: March 12, 2018, 01:49:34 pm »
Thanks for hurting my brain so early in the day.

I was more concerned for your diet, so I gave you a healthy portion of word salad.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #354 on: March 12, 2018, 01:53:23 pm »

I was more concerned for your diet, so I gave you a healthy portion of word salad.

LOL. Thanks, everyone benefits from a little roughage, and I was probably low on my Vit. K the past week.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #355 on: March 12, 2018, 02:17:55 pm »
If I "hated" the forum, I'd be gone. 

What I "hate" is the sick and twisted hatred against our own party's President/leader...that has poisoned the water here.

And removing Ronald Reagan off our masthead doesn't make it right.

@musiclady

There's nothing "twisted" about expecting morality and decency, not to mention conservatism, of a President.

Your problem, DC, is that you want the forum to be a place where everyone praises Trump and those who don't fall in line with his phony schtick to be silenced.

Well, mystery is above that.  She wants discussion.  She wants healthy debate, and the vast majority of Briefers agree with her.

You may not "hate" the forum, but you're very angry that everyone doesn't agree with you about Trump, and you don't hide it a bit.   You think it was better before, but from the day I came on to this forum there were very, very few social conservatives, and there were posters who felt free to deride those of us who were.   You just didn't mind the attacks because you agreed with the attacks.

Now you're on the other side (the minority), and you don't like it.

My advice?  Stop pouting, and rejoin the forum as a contributing debater and not an incessant whiner, and you'll find that it's not the stinky water you pretend it is.  And maybe the members you've been beating over the head and trying to get rid of since they joined will find out that you're not the nasty guy you seem to be now.

@DCPatriot
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #356 on: March 12, 2018, 02:45:27 pm »
I agree.  I wish some people would lighten the bleep up, but until then I shall soldier on.

Please, do not insult soldiers @RoosGirl   Your posts lack their honor.

« Reply #357 on: March 12, 2018, 02:49:39 pm »
My advice?  Stop pouting, and rejoin the forum as a contributing debater and not an incessant whiner,
@DCPatriot

Or at the very least a sanctimonious preacher @DCPatriot   88devil

« Reply #358 on: March 12, 2018, 02:54:58 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Sad?  RIV and the other DJT lackies are just sad they have not been able to turn TBR into a orange satellite of Free Republic. 

Pardon me @catfish1957 ... but I'm not the one who turned this forum into FR-Lite.  You did.  You brought everything you were escaping with you from FR ... turning yourself from victim to abuser.

You didn't object to FR's "tactics" ... You just objected to them being applied to you.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 02:56:20 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #359 on: March 12, 2018, 03:01:49 pm »

There must be something that really hits very close to the truth and isn't at all flaterring about POTUS in this thread for you to be working so hard this morning to get the thread shut down.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #360 on: March 12, 2018, 03:13:21 pm »
There must be something that really hits very close to the truth and isn't at all flaterring about POTUS in this thread for you to be working so hard this morning to get the thread shut down.

(looks at Multi-cam uniform and Sr. NCO rank attached)... @RoosGirl don't sweat it...you've done nothing to dishonor those of us that wear this uniform.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #361 on: March 12, 2018, 03:21:20 pm »
(looks at Multi-cam uniform and Sr. NCO rank attached)... @RoosGirl don't sweat it...you've done nothing to dishonor those of us that wear this uniform.

@txradioguy That means a hell of a lot coming from you.

Offline edpc

« Reply #362 on: March 12, 2018, 03:23:44 pm »

My old woodland BDUs are somewhere in storage.  I seriously doubt they'd still fit.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #363 on: March 12, 2018, 03:24:20 pm »
    The Trumpers still keep telling me the elections over, move on, drink up. Yet they can't explain to me their still rabid, irrational level of hatred toward Sen. Cruz, indeed the election is over.  Lead by Example.

Aw, that has nothing to do with the election.  That's because they hate that he's a small-government conservative, and they're big bully government libs!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #364 on: March 12, 2018, 03:29:05 pm »

My old woodland BDUs are somewhere in storage.  I seriously doubt they'd still fit.

I kept a couple sets hoping the Army would come to their senses and get away from those horrible ACU's.  The multi cams are like an improved BDU which is a good thing. I still hate all the Velcro though.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #365 on: March 12, 2018, 03:35:45 pm »

Please do not use soldiers to insult other members of the forum @Right_in_Virginia.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #366 on: March 12, 2018, 03:48:07 pm »
I kept a couple sets hoping the Army would come to their senses and get away from those horrible ACU's.  The multi cams are like an improved BDU which is a good thing. I still hate all the Velcro though.

Doesn't all that rrrrrrrippping noise give away your position?  Seriously.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #367 on: March 12, 2018, 03:57:22 pm »
Doesn't all that rrrrrrrippping noise give away your position?  Seriously.

It does...and it attracts all kinds of lint as well which looks like crap.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #368 on: March 12, 2018, 04:06:33 pm »
@driftdiver Sorry, it’s autocorrect from “poopyish” ;).

:rolling:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #369 on: March 12, 2018, 04:35:35 pm »
Please do not use soldiers to insult other members of the forum @Right_in_Virginia.

Hear!  Hear!

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #370 on: March 12, 2018, 04:55:41 pm »
Personally @RoosGirl I'd like to see this area return to its mission.  This is the political section for discussion about policy and political strategy. 

There are plenty of other areas on this site where members can practice psychotherapy without a license and sharpen their snark skills.  I'm not suggesting this isn't important, just that it tends to clutter the path of intelligent discussion, which I miss.

So how about we agree to take it elsewhere?  Maybe we could start a trend.  Would Members Only work for you?

How about you go take it elsewhere?  Start your own board, make your own rules and regulations about how participants must discuss, act and comport themselves instead of attempting to impose it here via your constant snark and intimidation?

You have no authority to make the kinds of demands you do here - and pass them off as if you are some kind of Major Mod or Owner.    You already got your wishes to have a Pro-Trump Only section of threads during the election where the only 'discussion' permitted was a maturbatory circle jerk.  If you want a board to look like that, go back to hanging at TOS, or start your own board perhaps?  Methinks you will be much happier than constantly attempting to reshape this one into your own image.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #371 on: March 12, 2018, 05:38:07 pm »
Pardon me @catfish1957 ... but I'm not the one who turned this forum into FR-Lite.  You did.  You brought everything you were escaping with you from FR ... turning yourself from victim to abuser.

You didn't object to FR's "tactics" ... You just objected to them being applied to you.

Bingo!!!!!!!!!
 :hands: :hands: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The hammer has struck the nail directly.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #372 on: March 12, 2018, 06:14:27 pm »
Well, when all one has is a hammer, everything looks remarkably like a nail.  Not going to ridicule somebody who does so masterfully, whether it's the correct thing to do or not....
I will NOT comply.

Offline DB

« Reply #373 on: March 12, 2018, 06:18:07 pm »
Bingo!!!!!!!!!
 :hands: :hands: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The hammer has struck the nail directly.

That's an outright lie. What turned FR into a dumpster fire was the banning of those who didn't bow to Trump and his New York populist values. The proof that you are not banned is proof of your lie.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #374 on: March 12, 2018, 06:21:50 pm »
That's an outright lie. What turned FR into a dumpster fire was the banning of those who didn't bow to Trump and his New York populist values. The proof that you are not banned is proof of your lie.

EXCELLENT point!

The ones who would turn this place into TOS are still here, and that is proof positive that their whining and complaints are based on outright prevarication.

They WANT this to be a Trump echo chamber and to silence all opposition.