Author Topic: Letter opened at Virginia's Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall triggers hazmat situation; 11 fall ill  (Read 513 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Investigators are looking into an apparent hazmat situation at Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall in Ft. Myer, Virginia, after a number of people began feeling sick after opening a letter, officials said.

Arlington Fire, one of the units responding to the scene, said "11 people started feeling ill after the letter was opened" in an administration building. Three patients were hospitalized and were said to be in stable condition.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/27/letter-opened-at-virginias-joint-base-myer-henderson-hall-triggers-hazmat-situation-11-fall-ill.html
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

UPDATE on the incident at Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall involving a suspicious letter: We're told a Corporal, Gunnery Sergeant, and a Colonel had symptoms including burning hands and face, one person had a nose bleed— Lindsey Mastis (@LindseyMastis) February 27, 2018

Offline Victoria33

@txradioguy

Thanks for finding that.  The three in the hospital are in "stable condition".  What could this be that affected 11 people when the envelope was opened?  It would be strange if 11 people were gathered close together when a letter was opened, so how far away were the 8 who were affected but not sent to hospital?  How close to the letter were the three in the hospital?
What is it?

Offline Victoria33

Bump - I would like this to stay up until we find out what was in that letter.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Bump again to keep this up top.

I hope the three hospitalized people are still stable.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Weird. 

I saw a case of mass hysteria years ago.  Very impressive.  Obviously, I don't know if that applies here or not.

Offline Victoria33

Weird.   I saw a case of mass hysteria years ago.  Very impressive.  Obviously, I don't know if that applies here or not.
@Sanguine
@txradioguy

It would be totally "weird" if military people experienced mass hysteria.  Of all people, surely these would not experience that.  The letter was mentioned on the news yesterday, but nothing now.  The lying in state of Billy Graham is on all stations now.  My TV stays on all day in the room where I work on computer.  If anything about the letter comes on, I will see it.  There are four TVs that work in this house - kitchen, library room where I work, the main bedroom, and one in Bob's office.  No, there are none in the potty rooms - yet.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 04:00:47 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
@txradioguy

Thanks for finding that.  The three in the hospital are in "stable condition".  What could this be that affected 11 people when the envelope was opened?  It would be strange if 11 people were gathered close together when a letter was opened, so how far away were the 8 who were affected but not sent to hospital?  How close to the letter were the three in the hospital?
What is it?

@Victoria33
Could be psychosomatic but if not there are many chemicals which can cause such symptoms at a very low exposure.  Not sure how many could be delivered in an envelope but many nerve agents are fairly persistent if not exposed to high heat or UV light.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine
@txradioguy

It would be totally "weird" if military people experienced mass hysteria.  Of all people, surely these would not experience that.  The letter was mentioned on the news yesterday, but nothing now.  The lying in state of Billy Graham is on all stations now.  My TV stays on all day in the room where I work on computer.  If anything about the letter comes on, I will see it.  There are four TVs that work in this house - kitchen, library room where I work, the main bedroom, and one in Bob's office.  No, there are none in the potty rooms - yet.

They're people too.  We're all somewhat susceptible.  However, I sort of doubt that this was the case here, as do you.

Offline Victoria33

@Victoria33
Could be psychosomatic but if not there are many chemicals which can cause such symptoms at a very low exposure.  Not sure how many could be delivered in an envelope but many nerve agents are fairly persistent if not exposed to high heat or UV light.
@driftdiver
@TomSea
@txradioguy   

My Bob, who is chemist/physicist/earth scientist, had license to buy dynamite as an earth scientist; he knows chemicals and things that go "boom", said "nerve agent" immediately when I told him about this.  Then, he said, "ricin powder" as a possibility.

"Ricin inhalation: Within a few hours of inhaling significant amounts of ricin, the likely symptoms would be respiratory distress (difficulty breathing), fever, cough, nausea, and tightness in the chest. Heavy sweating may follow as well as fluid building up in the lungs (pulmonary edema)."

Ricin powder is not difficult to make from castor beans.  The above statement about Ricin says "inhaling significant amounts". I don't think these 11 people would have inhaled "significant amount".  I have looked on the net for a powdered substance that would cause a nose bleed as one of these people had.  I haven't found that.

Why is the news not reporting more about this?  With tin foil hat on, does the govn. not want us to know what this is?

Offline driftdiver

@driftdiver
@TomSea
@txradioguy   

My Bob, who is chemist/physicist/earth scientist, had license to buy dynamite as an earth scientist; he knows chemicals and things that go "boom", said "nerve agent" immediately when I told him about this.  Then, he said, "ricin powder" as a possibility.

"Ricin inhalation: Within a few hours of inhaling significant amounts of ricin, the likely symptoms would be respiratory distress (difficulty breathing), fever, cough, nausea, and tightness in the chest. Heavy sweating may follow as well as fluid building up in the lungs (pulmonary edema)."

Ricin powder is not difficult to make from castor beans.  The above statement about Ricin says "inhaling significant amounts". I don't think these 11 people would have inhaled "significant amount".  I have looked on the net for a powdered substance that would cause a nose bleed as one of these people had.  I haven't found that.

Why is the news not reporting more about this?  With tin foil hat on, does the govn. not want us to know what this is?

@Victoria33
We don't know if it was a white powder or at least the article doesn't indicate.   That could be powdered sugar, corn starch, flour or of course ricin.  There are a number of other possibilities but for an actual attack that would be the easiest.

Sarin and VX have similiar symptoms but they are usually deployed as a liquid.  The bloody nose could be related to another existing health condition or simply a reaction to whatever was used.

There are a number of other chemicals it could be.   If it was a powder then it could easily be inadvertently spread within the office.  A fan, ac vent, or simply throwing the envelope down on the table could disperse it.   Its unbelievable how easy it is to spread these things once untrained people get involved.

Offline driftdiver

They're people too.  We're all somewhat susceptible.  However, I sort of doubt that this was the case here, as do you.

@Sanguine
Oh I dunno.   After my base was kept in full chemical gear for 14 hours in the middle of July and 125 people ended up in the hospital they issued orders that anyone who started to feel lightheaded could take their mask off.

Man the number of lightheaded people after that was amazing.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine
Oh I dunno.   After my base was kept in full chemical gear for 14 hours in the middle of July and 125 people ended up in the hospital they issued orders that anyone who started to feel lightheaded could take their mask off.

Man the number of lightheaded people after that was amazing.

LOL.