Author Topic: Breaking: Democrats Move to Outlaw 50% of New Guns in America  (Read 1379 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Breaking: Democrats Move to Outlaw 50% of New Guns in America
« on: February 27, 2018, 10:16:21 pm »
Semi-automatic firearms would be banned in a new bill introduced by House Democrats Monday.
Rep. David Cicilline introduced the Assault Weapons Ban of 2018 and, according to Rep. Ted Deutch, over 150 Democrats have signed their support of the legislation.....

https://www.westernjournal.com/breaking-democrats-move-outlaw-50-new-guns-america/

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Breaking: Democrats Move to Outlaw 50% of New Guns in America
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 10:20:00 pm »
My first reaction is bring it to the floor and make red state rats vote for it.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 10:23:54 pm »
I'll be dead in the grave 40 years before these people come up with anything new, much less anything that makes sense.

If this was such a flipping Must Have, then Why does it only come up after a public school massacre?

Pubbies ought to call them not just on the brazen stupidity of this, but Force them to explain, and Debate, their Timing.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 10:27:45 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 10:27:09 pm »

Yep.. they need to be on record with an actual vote. I don't believe they realize how much of their base are gun owners. We think of just the extreme activist democrats, but there are so many old school, 'yellow dog' democrats who are gun owners and who wouldn't take too kindly to this either.  Over 200 million privately owned guns in the US, owned by 110 million plus people. To put it in comparison, that is almost as many people that voted in the last presidential election-for all candidates.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 10:32:55 pm »
I'll be dead in the grave 40 years before these people come up with anything new, much less anything that makes sense.

If this was such a flipping Must Have, then Why does it only come up after a public school massacre?

Pubbies ought to call them not just on the brazen stupidity of this, but Force them to explain, and Debate, their Timing.

Sandy Hook was an even more hideous massacre, and the democrats saw no need even with congress and the white house under their control.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 11:30:50 pm »

I fear there are enough cowardly Pubbies to get it over the line.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2018, 11:41:37 pm »
https://www.scribd.com/document/372469353/Assault-Weapons-Ban-of-2018#fullscreen&from_embed

H. R. ll                        115TH CONGRESS   2D SESSION

To regulate the importation, manufacture, possession, sale or transfer of assault weapons, and for other purposes.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2018, 12:02:22 am »
Even the Armalite M15 22LR Carbine is banned.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2018, 12:09:56 am »
Democrats never miss an opportunity to blame Liberty for whatever Evil has done.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2018, 12:13:18 am »

This bill will be advanced as the other "Assault Weapon Ban" bill will be sold as a "reasonable alternative."  Look for the resident lefty to announce it's the best thing since sliced bread.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 12:13:49 am by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2018, 01:51:44 am »
I fear there are enough cowardly Pubbies to get it over the line.
I agree the pubbies are cowards.  That is why I doubt Mitch would let it happen.

I mean I know they are unreliable, but they still need to get re-elected.
Maybe there has been a sea-change I'm not seeing, but I'm not really not that concerned by what I do see.
and if I saw substantive gun control in the future I would be worried.  Right now I see a lot of talk.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 01:52:27 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Fantom

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2018, 01:54:57 am »

I agree.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2018, 06:20:32 am »

I'm clueless about this -- is that gun special for some reason?
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2018, 06:26:01 am »

A Semi-Auto .22LR?

Yeah. It's 'special' alright./SSS

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2018, 09:35:27 am »
This doesn't just cover rifles. It would make a Glock 19...a 1911 or a Sig P320 illegal as well.

Law abiding citizens would be returned to the 70's for self defense...5 and 6 shot revolvers.

That is until the ban is extended to them.

Meanwhile the criminals...
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2018, 12:33:09 pm »

It is an "Evil Black Rifle"

And the tubular magazine exemption does not apply.

The term ‘large capacity ammunition feeding  device’

‘‘(B) does not include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating  only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.’’

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2018, 02:11:50 pm »
They can propose anything they like.  They can propose doing what South Africa just passed, and propose amending the Constitution to seize your home and property from you without compensation if you are White.

They can propose to ban guns all they like.

They just reveal themselves to be traitors, and will have bought themselves a war should they pass it and attempt to enforce it.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2018, 09:15:17 pm »
Here's the bill:
https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/5087/text

(This link allows you to get it in various formats.)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 09:24:10 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2018, 09:28:10 pm »
This doesn't just cover rifles. It would make a Glock 19...a 1911 or a Sig P320 illegal as well.
@txradioguy
How's that?  Please explain...I'm not saying you're wrong; I'm just asking where in the bill it would do that.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2018, 09:30:57 pm »
@txradioguy
How's that?  Please explain...I'm not saying you're wrong; I'm just asking where in the bill it would do that.

From the original article:

The bill prohibits the “sale, transfer, production, and importation” of semi-automatic rifles and pistols that can accept a detachable magazine as well as those with a fixed magazine that can hold over 10 rounds.

Glocks...1911's or other non revolver style handguns are considered semi automatic in their operation.  They accept detachable magazines capable of holding 10 rounds or more.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2018, 01:19:19 am »
That would also kill the CMP sale of older 1911A1s.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 01:25:25 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2018, 02:17:23 am »
That would also kill the CMP sale of older 1911A1s.

Yup.  But then the Dems could brag about how many guns were prevented from hitting the streets when they force the CMP to melt them down.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2018, 02:29:07 am »

Law abiding citizens would be returned to the 70's for self defense...5 and 6 shot revolvers.

A revolver is effectively a semi auto (double action) handgun.

! No longer available
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 02:30:29 am by jpsb »

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2018, 02:44:31 am »

Not that I agree with this monstrosity of a bill, but I don't see where those handguns would be outlawed.

“(36) The term ‘semiautomatic assault weapon’ means any of the following, regardless of country of manufacture or caliber of ammunition accepted:

“(D) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:

“(i) A threaded barrel.

“(ii) A second pistol grip.

“(iii) A barrel shroud.

“(iv) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.

“(v) A semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm.

“(E) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2018, 02:51:25 am »
Not that I agree with this monstrosity of a bill, but I don't see where those handguns would be outlawed.

“(36) The term ‘semiautomatic assault weapon’ means any of the following, regardless of country of manufacture or caliber of ammunition accepted:

“(D) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:

“(i) A threaded barrel.

“(ii) A second pistol grip.

“(iii) A barrel shroud.

“(iv) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.

“(v) A semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm.

“(E) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.

@Elderberry the bolded part right there is all the Dems need to ban the pistols in which I spoke...or any other pistol they want to adopt to their very broad definitions in the bill.

The threaded barrel in there is an attempt to blunt the effort to have silencers removed from the NFA via the Hearing Protection Act currently winding it's way through Congress .