Author Topic: Breaking: Democrats Move to Outlaw 50% of New Guns in America  (Read 1377 times)

Offline Suppressed

Re: Breaking: Democrats Move to Outlaw 50% of New Guns in America
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2018, 02:53:21 am »
@txradioguy

You're missing the part that says "and any one of the following".

If it doesn't have one of the following, it's not included.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2018, 02:59:18 am »
@txradioguy

You're missing the part that says "and any one of the following".

If it doesn't have one of the following, it's not included.

@Suppressed what you and @Elderberry are missing or sorely underestimating about Democrats is they won't make the distinction that both of you are if (God forbid) this abomination is passed.

The Democrats won't give one damn to the part you and Elderberry are focusing on...and IMHO it's dangerous to think they will stick to your interpretation of their own legislation.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Meldrew

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2018, 03:11:31 am »
“(i) A threaded barrel."

This is an easy drop in add on. Most pistols would be "capable of accepting" these.

“(iii) A barrel shroud."

Given the light grasp on knowledge and logic being used by the anti's these days, it would not suprise me at all to see them try to make the slide a "barrel shroud" especially if it's ported. 

My $0.02 fwiw.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2018, 03:17:49 am »
@Elderberry the bolded part right there is all the Dems need to ban the pistols in which I spoke...or any other pistol they want to adopt to their very broad definitions in the bill.

The threaded barrel in there is an attempt to blunt the effort to have silencers removed from the NFA via the Hearing Protection Act currently winding it's way through Congress .
@txradioguy

You really think the Hearing Protection Act has a Snowball's Chance in Hell of passing?

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2018, 03:22:56 am »
“(i) A threaded barrel."

This is an easy drop in add on. Most pistols would be "capable of accepting" these.

“(iii) A barrel shroud."

Given the light grasp on knowledge and logic being used by the anti's these days, it would not suprise me at all to see them try to make the slide a "barrel shroud" especially if it's ported. 

My $0.02 fwiw.

I was thinking this too.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2018, 04:42:32 am »
@txradioguy

You really think the Hearing Protection Act has a Snowball's Chance in Hell of passing?

At one point I did. Now we'll be lucky to hold onto the parts of the 2nd Amendment that are still intact.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2018, 10:43:16 am »
@Suppressed what you and @Elderberry are missing or sorely underestimating about Democrats is they won't make the distinction that both of you are if (God forbid) this abomination is passed.

The Democrats won't give one damn to the part you and Elderberry are focusing on...and IMHO it's dangerous to think they will stick to your interpretation of their own legislation.

Not that there's ever been any Shortage of similarly stupid, unconstitutional bills,

Reminds me of 1 particularly idiotic proviso California had in an 'assault weapon' ban. (it's since been removed)

1 of the 3 criteria for outlawry (AR-15) was a 'Bayonet Lug'

Why on earth would someone bent on mass murder, in possession of a semi auto rifle, decide instead to use it as a Short, Thrusting Spear?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 10:44:41 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2018, 10:53:56 am »
At one point I did. Now we'll be lucky to hold onto the parts of the 2nd Amendment that are still intact.
We still got the 12th article left.
https://www.snopes.com/2016/07/24/donald-trump-article-xii/

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2018, 05:37:35 pm »
“(i) A threaded barrel."

“(iii) A barrel shroud."

My $0.02 fwiw.

@Meldrew @RoosGirl

From the bill:

“(38) The term ‘barrel shroud’—

“(A) means a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel of a firearm so that the shroud protects the user of the firearm from heat generated by the barrel; and

“(B) does not include—

“(i) a slide that partially or completely encloses the barrel; or

“(ii) an extension of the stock along the bottom of the barrel which does not encircle or substantially encircle the barrel.