Author Topic: Sheriff: Armed officer at school never entered building during shooting  (Read 2813 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Sheriff: Armed officer at school never entered building during shooting
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2018, 02:48:19 am »
I pray for these parents.  I'd lose my mind.

Me too...what a nightmare for them...first the FBI screw up and now this...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2018, 02:52:36 am »
Me too...what a nightmare for them...first the FBI screw up and now this...

Well at least the FBI has all our emails and phone calls recorded.   Priorities ya know
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2018, 02:55:32 am »
  :crying:

And why they always arrive just in time to help clean up the mess. 

But don't they look cool with all their paramilitary gear when they do show in force? All that gear is a fantastic disguise for their cowardice.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2018, 03:21:05 am »
I just can't imagine standing there listening to all those shots and not doing anything....4mins was a lifetime for 17 souls....

Yes. That takes a special kind of person. And he had at least one weapon, maybe more, taser? mace? I would have gone in even if I was unarmed and try to find something I can use on the way.

If for no other reason than to try to disrupt and distract the guy. Standing outside while hearing all those gunshots is really unimaginable.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
On Thursday, the Broward County sheriff said that the school resource officer at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School avoided the building where an 18-year-old gunman slaughtered 17 students.

Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel says Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School resource officer "never went in" to freshman building amid deadly Parkland shooting; "He should have went in. Addressed the killer. Killed the killer.".................................

SNIP......

Source: https://www.dailywire.com/news/27477/breaking-school-police-officer-never-confronted-ryan-saavedra

I personally would not want to take on a person with a long gun with just a pistol myself. That said, I would never take a job where I didn't have access to a long gun if the situation demanded it. You are expected to defend those kids with your life. This officer didn't live up to his job requirements. Most shooters when faced with opposition either kill themselves or surrender.

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2018, 12:05:41 pm »

Now, let's see if Sinead O'Connor Jr and her merry band of activists go harangue this man and call him a murderer, like they did with Dana Loesch the other night.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online goatprairie

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2018, 01:49:17 pm »
You can laugh, but these are situations where robo-cops can be used. A robo-cop won't be afraid of not doing it's job, and nobody will mourn if the robo-cop gets killed/disabled.
Here's another situation where a human leo arrived in time to very possibly stop some of the killings but waited until all the shooting was done i.e. many kids killed before he acted.
We can criticize AI for taking jobs, but maybe it's time for AIs for a number of police jobs including this one.  I have no idea how close we are to having a robot that can effectively simulate an armed leo, but I hope they're close.
Anyway, we use drones now to kill terrorists. Might as well use them to kill/disable bad people here.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2018, 01:58:18 pm »

Now, let's see if Sinead O'Connor Jr and her merry band of activists go harangue this man and call him a murderer, like they did with Dana Loesch the other night.

I like the look.   What would you call that?
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline edpc

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2018, 02:10:36 pm »
I like the look.   What would you call that?

Just go to the barber and ask for the Nothing Compares 2U.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2018, 02:11:47 pm »

Or the Britney Spears.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline al_c

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2018, 02:12:07 pm »
Peterson chose to resign as he had met the necessary requirements for retirement.

Maybe that's why he didn't go in. "I'm too close to retirement to risk my life now!"
al_c

Offline WingNot

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2018, 02:12:52 pm »

Do I get a discount if I bring an 8 x 10 color glossy of a Pope?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2018, 02:18:10 pm »
Maybe that's why he didn't go in. "I'm too close to retirement to risk my life now!"

Wasn't that the plot to Lethal Weapon?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2018, 02:19:49 pm »
You can laugh, but these are situations where robo-cops can be used. A robo-cop won't be afraid of not doing it's job, and nobody will mourn if the robo-cop gets killed/disabled.

I'll buy that for a dollar.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2018, 02:31:53 pm »
Police officers guard home of deputy assigned to Florida HS who ‘never went in’ during shooting: report
Fox News, Feb 23,2018

Several Palm Beach County, Fla., police officers are guarding the home of the former school resource deputy who stayed outside Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School as last week's massacre unfolded, Fox's WSVN-TV reported.

Deputy Scot Peterson, of the Broward County Sheriff’s Office, was armed and stationed on the school’s campus when a suspect identified by authorities as Nikolas Cruz opened fire with an AR-15 rifle, leaving 17 people dead and others wounded.

Peterson resigned Thursday after video surveillance showed he never entered the school, even though he "clearly" knew there was a shooting taking place, officials said. The revelation prompted widespread outrage.

The deputy “was seeking cover behind a concrete column leading to a stairwell,” Officer Tim Burton of the Coral Springs Police Department, who responded to the shooting, told the New York Times.

The Times also reported that in February 2016, the sheriff’s office received “thirdhand information” about Cruz planning “to shoot up the school.” The information -- which said Cruz had knives and a BB gun -- was forwarded to Peterson, who was working at the school back then.

More w/photo: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/23/police-officers-guard-home-deputy-assigned-to-florida-hs-who-never-went-in-during-shooting-report.html

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2018, 02:34:01 pm »
Police officers guard home of deputy assigned to Florida HS who ‘never went in’ during shooting: report
Fox News, Feb 23,2018

Well if Broward's finest are protecting this guy he is as good as dead.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 02:35:18 pm by Frank Cannon »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2018, 02:38:15 pm »
I am assuming this Deputy thought this was a cushy job where he would never have to do anything and just gain points for his retirement. 
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2018, 02:41:13 pm »
Everyone knows Peterson would have stopped the shooting if Chris Cox, Wayne LaPierre, and Dana Loesch hadn't tackled and sat on him just outside the door.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2018, 02:42:54 pm »
I am assuming this Deputy thought this was a cushy job where he would never have to do anything and just gain points for his retirement.

I think you're right.

It brings to mind back during the first Gulf War when the members of the Reserve were complaining about being called up for active duty, saying that they never thought they'd actually have to serve ....
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2018, 02:42:59 pm »

Fun Fact: This newly retired cop was in charge of investigating one of the death threats this guy made last year. He did nothing.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2018, 02:47:56 pm »
I think you're right.

It brings to mind back during the first Gulf War when the members of the Reserve were complaining about being called up for active duty, saying that they never thought they'd actually have to serve ....

It was supposed to be you play dress up acouple hours every month and then in the summer two weeks  camping and driving jeeps in the woods. 

Offline edpc

« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2018, 02:59:51 pm »
It was supposed to be you play dress up acouple hours every month and then in the summer two weeks  camping and driving jeeps in the woods.

Hey.....that’s not as easy as you think.  One summer, we did our drills at Ft. Eustis and the ticks were really, really bad.    :cool:

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2018, 03:06:34 pm »

Hey.....that’s not as easy as you think.  One summer, we did our drills at Ft. Eustis and the ticks were really, really bad.    :cool:

You really shouldn't even mention ticks next to your beautiful avatar photo!

And just for the record, in case it needs to be said, I do think the majority of the reserve are honorable people who were/are prepared to fulfill their commitments. 
 :patriot:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2018, 03:08:04 pm »
Fun Fact: This newly retired cop was in charge of investigating one of the death threats this guy made last year. He did nothing.

Hold this guy accountable ... at the very least, take his pension.   9999hair out0000

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2018, 03:09:02 pm »
The gun-grabbers are using this to say, "See...armed security isn't the answer...guns must go".
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn