Author Topic: Democrats go all in for gun control as top 2018 issue  (Read 2752 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats go all in for gun control as top 2018 issue
« on: February 21, 2018, 08:39:17 pm »
Democrats go all in for gun control as top 2018 issue
by Paul Bedard | Feb 21, 2018, 3:09 PM

Democrats have embraced gun control as their issue going into the 2018 issue, a repeat of 1994 when the issue fed a Republican tidal wave that gave them control of the House and Senate.

The party and likely 2018 presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders signaled their moves this week when they joined with gun control advocate Gabby Giffords in campaign emails.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/democrats-go-all-in-for-gun-control-as-top-2018-issue/article/2649654
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Re: Democrats go all in for gun control as top 2018 issue
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 08:52:43 pm »
Oh Please! Oh Please!

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 12:22:07 am »
What a bunch of tail chasers.  At least they’ve realized defending illegals is a loser.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 12:44:19 am »
@mystery-ak

This will get them more Independent voters who are parents.  The Independents are neither R or D, and vote for whatever they think is best for them at the time.  If this gun issue is still out front at the next Presidential election, the I parents will vote for gun control Dems.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 12:51:20 am »
Personally I hope they follow this exact course right into footnote in history' books status.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 12:51:44 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 12:55:50 am »
Perhaps inaction, instead of taking action, is the next FBI politicization corruption plot ?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online libertybele

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 01:17:01 am »
What a bunch of tail chasers.  At least they’ve realized defending illegals is a loser.

That's far from over, and granting full-blown amnesty will be one of their top priorities if they should take the majority in the House or Senate or both.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2018, 02:39:43 am »
"Democrats go all in for gun control as top 2018 issue"

Hopefully, it will work as well for them as it did in 1994 !

Online mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2018, 03:34:18 am »

Sean Davis  Verified account @seanmdav
16m16 minutes ago

Not sure I can think of a better GOP get-out-the-vote plan than "Nancy Pelosi and CNN are scheming to steal your guns."

Ben Shapiro Verified account @benshapiro
25m25 minutes ago

So do it. Do it, Democrats. Propose full repeal of the Second Amendment and see how that plays at the polls. I dare you.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2018, 04:03:17 am »
All the Red state Rat Senators running for reelection are shitting their pants with this move.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2018, 02:59:08 pm »
That's far from over, and granting full-blown amnesty will be one of their top priorities if they should take the majority in the House or Senate or both.

The current gun "crisis" merely takes focus off the amnesty issue and allows Dems to work unseen on their next step towards destroying our borders and our way of life.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2018, 03:01:00 pm »
The current gun "crisis" merely takes focus off the amnesty issue and allows Dems to work unseen on their next step towards destroying our borders and our way of life.
The Democrats and their compliant media lurch from one crisis to another (thanks, Rahm!). It usually turns out that nothing was a crisis - and nothing gets fixed. But thank goodness it got the people all stirred up.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2018, 08:53:52 pm »
All the Red state Rat Senators running for reelection are shitting their pants with this move.

:thumbsup:
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2018, 03:39:36 am »
...likely 2018 presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders...

I'm totally looking forward to this part....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline endicom

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2018, 03:51:01 am »
https://twitter.com/SenFeinstein

Sen Dianne Feinstein
‏
Verified account

@SenFeinstein 4h4 hours ago

"A handgun [wound] is simply a stabbing with a bullet. It goes in like a nail." With the high-velocity rounds of the AR-15, "it’s as if you shot somebody with a Coke can." http://rol.st/2Esd8Hp  #BanAssaultWeapons

Shot with a Coke can? I'd hate to be shot with what would take my entire liver with it.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 03:52:30 am by endicom »

Offline edpc

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2018, 04:03:55 am »
https://twitter.com/SenFeinstein

Sen Dianne Feinstein
‏
Verified account

@SenFeinstein 4h4 hours ago

"A handgun [wound] is simply a stabbing with a bullet. It goes in like a nail." With the high-velocity rounds of the AR-15, "it’s as if you shot somebody with a Coke can." http://rol.st/2Esd8Hp  #BanAssaultWeapons

Shot with a Coke can? I'd hate to be shot with what would take my entire liver with it.

She’d really love to see what a Civil War era Minie Ball will do....or a modern day 12ga slug.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2018, 12:59:50 pm »
She’d really love to see what a Civil War era Minie Ball will do....or a modern day 12ga slug.
Does she subscribe to Joe Biden's belief that people should fire warning shots with a 12 ga.?

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2018, 01:05:54 pm »
Does she subscribe to Joe Biden's belief that people should fire warning shots with a 12 ga.?

Now that got me laughing!

:silly:
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Online libertybele

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2018, 01:06:14 pm »

Trump has already publicly stated that he's willing to offer a pathway to citizenship, so he's more than willing to oblige them.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2018, 01:35:26 pm »
@mystery-ak

This will get them more Independent voters who are parents.  The Independents are neither R or D, and vote for whatever they think is best for them at the time.  If this gun issue is still out front at the next Presidential election, the I parents will vote for gun control Dems.

I agree.   The "gun control" issue has favored Republicans in the past, but that shouldn't lull conservatives into thinking it will always be thus.   Las Vegas and Parkland are game changers, because there's no one who votes more conscientiously, and less ideologically, than parents.   A parent wants to protect his or her child,  and ideology and abstract notions like that we need gun rights to allow us to rise up against tyrants simply doesn't enter into it. 

Tyrants aren't the problem -  idiots shooting up schools and concerts are.   And when the ideologues bark at each other and fail to comprehend the alarm that parents - and young people, the majority of victims in these shootings - feel, the majority of folks who are independents will be attracted first and foremost to those who promise to "do something".    Gun owners will defend their rights,  but they need to get outside their bubble sometime - the majority of folks, at a time like this, simply don't care.   

I've made this point time and again with folks as I ride the train in the morning -  what is the point of "doing something" that isn't efficacious?  How is it good policy to try to address the bad guys by curbing the rights of the good guys?   The response is always the same -  we don't care.   Gun owners have enough guns,  it's time they listen to the rest of us. 

Well, the Dems have found their issue.   Not immigrants - guns.  Guns is the issue they will run on in 2018,  and from the looks of it,  they are going to do exceedingly well.  And the reason is exactly what @Victoria33 suggests - parents.   

« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 01:38:14 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline edpc

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2018, 02:14:53 pm »
I've made this point time and again with folks as I ride the train in the morning -  what is the point of "doing something" that isn't efficacious?

Is it possible for you to post something on the subject without using that word?  You’ve really beaten the hell out of it.  It may as well be defacacious by now, because the idea we need something new is a bunch of sh*t.  We’ve seen time and time again how people engaging in these acts have had reasons why they shouldn’t have been able to obtain a weapon and existing law was not properly enforced, nor were preventative actions taken.  The exception seems to be Paddock, but you have to trust the FBI investigation.  They have more than a few credibility issues.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 02:15:43 pm by edpc »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2018, 02:17:27 pm »
Whenever I here any politician cry for “more laws” I think of that scene in Nanny McPhee were the cook is holding a piece of paper that states the children are not allowed in the kitchen while those children are raising havoc in the kitchen. Passing laws is the easy part. Enforcement is another. We know criminals don’t obey gun laws. We also have ample evidence not just here but in many other countries that noncompliance is an issue. I tend to be more Libertarian on a lot of these issues, not just guns, because in order to enforce  laws when it comes to vices, we see civil liberties swept aside and some very heavy handed tactics used

What is the plan to deal with non compliance? The laws are impotent in stopping those who want to cause mayhem with firearms. What’s the plan for people who have no desire to harm their fellow man but decides to join millions of others in not registering or giving up their property?

If anybody has Netflix, there’s a 3 part(I believe) documentary on the history of Prohibition. Now, I realize there are some differences but the emotional arguments are similar. We tend to think that majority opinion ultimately rules. But it’s the minority’s actions that determine outcomes
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 02:24:18 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2018, 02:30:12 pm »

Is it possible for you to post something on the subject without using that word?  You’ve really beaten the hell out of it.  It may as well be defacacious by now, because the idea we need something new is a bunch of sh*t.  We’ve seen time and time again how people engaging in these acts have had reasons why they shouldn’t have been able to obtain a weapon and existing law was not properly enforced, nor were preventative actions taken.  The exception seems to be Paddock, but you have to trust the FBI investigation.  They have more than a few credibility issues.

I use the word because it is a good word with a specific meaning.  I don't support "feel good" laws.  I support laws that may actually accomplish the purpose for which they are put forth.  I want laws that are efficacious -  "capable of producing a desired effect". 

The extremists on this issue hate that word.   Libs want to do something, anything  - no matter how useless or disruptive of the rights of the law abiding.  Gun zealots want no laws at all;  their supposed right must be inviolate so they can confront future tyrants,  no matter the carnage caused in the meantime by idiots bringing arsenals into schools, hotels and other public places. 

The other day I posted a thoughtful article about gun violence restraining orders - a good example of an efficacious law that targets potential  bad guys and doesn't tread too heavily on the rights of the law abiding.  It didn't get much response, and most of those who did respond thought little of it.

So go on,  keep fighting, tribe against tribe.  Do your part to ensure the cultural divide in this nation keeps getting wider.   But this November,  it looks increasingly like the other tribe's going to win,  because too many parents are burying their children.     
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 02:32:10 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2018, 02:33:31 pm »
I use the word because it is a good word with a specific meaning.  I don't support "feel good" laws.  I support laws that may actually accomplish the purpose for which they are put forth.  I want laws that are efficacious -  "capable of producing a desired effect". 

The extremists on this issue hate that word.   Libs want to do something, anything  - no matter how useless or disruptive of the rights of the law abiding.  Gun zealots want no laws at all;  their supposed right must be inviolate so they can confront future tyrants,  no matter the carnage caused in the meantime by idiots bringing arsenals into schools, hotels and other public places. 

The other day I posted a thoughtful article about gun violence restraining orders - a good example of an efficacious law that targets potential  bad guys and doesn't tread too heavily on the rights of the law abiding.  It didn't get much response, and most of those who did respond thought little of it.

So go on,  keep fighting, tribe against tribe.  Do your part to ensure the cultural divide in this nation keeps getting wider.   But this November,  it looks increasingly like the other tribe's going to win,  because too many parents are burying their children.     

So how much does your membership in Bloomberg's Everytown For Gun Safety group run you annually?

Asking for a friend.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2018, 02:44:09 pm »

@Jazzhead
If you honestly cared about efficacious laws or actual safety of the population you would be focused on something other then gun laws.   
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.