Author Topic: Democrats go all in for gun control as top 2018 issue  (Read 2749 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Democrats go all in for gun control as top 2018 issue
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2018, 12:52:02 am »
Excuse me while I go projectile vomit for a while.

Jimmy says excuse me while I kiss this guy....

! No longer available
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2018, 12:58:27 am »
Gun zealots want no laws at all;  their supposed right must be inviolate so they can confront future tyrants,  no matter the carnage caused in the meantime by idiots bringing arsenals into schools, hotels and other public places. 

@Jazzhead
So,"gun zealots",those anti-social radicals that want to live free are now responsible for the illegal activities of people who break several laws at once while committing murder?

Riddle me this,Batman. If those people are willing to commit mass murder in public,WHY would they care about breaking any gun laws you propose as "sensible"?

I tell you what needs to be controlled,and it is GOVERNMENT!

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2018, 12:58:41 am »
@txradioguy
New Jersey is moving fast - https://www.ammoland.com/2018/02/new-jersey-gun-control-fast-tracked-for-wednesday-hearing/#axzz58LAVvTWB

A2761 Magazine Ban: Reduces maximum capacity of ammunition magazines to 10 rounds.
A2759 Ammo Ban: Prohibits possession of so-called “armor piercing ammunition” banning most common centerfire rifle ammunition.
A2758 Removes right to carry: Codifies regulations defining justifiable need to carry handgun.
A2757 Bans private transfers by requiring dealer background checks for all private gun sales.
A1016 Smart Guns: Establishes commission to approve smart guns; requires firearm retailers to sell smart guns.
A1217 Authorizes “gun violence restraining orders” which would lead to the seizure of firearms in situations where only an allegation has occurred without any conviction. This would all occur with little to no due process of the law.
A1181 Requires firearms seizure when health “professionals” think someone poses risk.

Those last two sound like a divorce lawyer's wet dream.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.