Author Topic: Trump endorses Romney...  (Read 6077 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Trump endorses Romney...
« Reply #175 on: February 20, 2018, 09:20:12 pm »
Perhaps there are so few comments on the article itself because it is a great big nothing burger.

No it's a big story...especially the way Mittens trashed Trump and how some folks had you asked them during the election would have sworn on a stack of bibles Trump would NEVER have anything to do with Romney in any election.

And yet here we are.

Kabuki Theater.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #176 on: February 20, 2018, 09:23:52 pm »
You see that as no problem. I see it as subjecting good people to repeated, unnecessary serious insults, with little consequence.

It is like shouting "baby killer," at a Vietnam vet for example. I happen to serve in Germany with two purposes: Occupying force following WWII, and stand against the Cold War enemy, USSR.

The type of thing which really triggers vets, is those who failed to serve, playing games about military service.

Not gonna let you do that.  Your original claim was that mods let people get away with nazi imagery.  That is clearly not true. 

I do appreciate that those images mean much more to some than others, and can be extremely offensive.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #177 on: February 20, 2018, 10:58:52 pm »
Speaking of unnecessary insults and subjecting people to things...you have no room to talk with certain comments you've made here recently.

Why not give the examples you have in mind, then?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #178 on: February 20, 2018, 11:07:47 pm »
Good grief, none of this brilliant repartee has anything to do with Mitt. Worse, it's not remotely interesting.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

« Reply #179 on: February 20, 2018, 11:16:29 pm »
Good grief, none of this brilliant repartee has anything to do with Mitt. Worse, it's not remotely interesting.

How about if one of us posts a "Mitt as Hitler" photo to liven things up?  :dx1:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #180 on: February 20, 2018, 11:19:43 pm »
How about if one of us posts a "Mitt as Hitler" photo to liven things up?  :dx1:

Mitler?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #181 on: February 20, 2018, 11:25:33 pm »
Here we go.........

There are a surprising number of them out there!

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #182 on: February 20, 2018, 11:32:31 pm »
Equating Mitt or just about any US politician (including Trump or Obama) and Hitler demonstrates an appalling ignorance of history.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #183 on: February 20, 2018, 11:38:57 pm »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline musiclady

« Reply #184 on: February 21, 2018, 12:07:59 am »
Equating Mitt or just about any US politician (including Trump or Obama) and Hitler demonstrates an appalling ignorance of history.

Indeed!  And there's a heck of a lot of that ignorance running around out there.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #185 on: February 21, 2018, 12:43:23 am »
As was the 11th Commandment.

So when is it you're going to stop speaking ill about this forum and the members here that don't agree with you?  And when will you start admonishing your fellow ETers about speaking ill about this forum and the members here that don't agree with them?  I mean, you are planning on following your own advice, aren't you?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #186 on: February 21, 2018, 01:10:27 am »
So when is it you're going to stop speaking ill about this forum and the members here that don't agree with you?  And when will you start admonishing your fellow ETers about speaking ill about this forum and the members here that don't agree with them?  I mean, you are planning on following your own advice, aren't you?

:2popcorn:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #187 on: February 21, 2018, 01:13:49 am »

Such a silly response to a serious discussion.   **nononono*

« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 01:15:05 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #188 on: February 21, 2018, 01:19:10 am »

Yeah, that's what I thought.  Damn hypocrite.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #189 on: February 21, 2018, 01:20:18 am »

Looks like you didn't actually read the comments if that's your response.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #190 on: February 21, 2018, 01:21:08 am »
Can't answer simple yes or no questions, a joke Christian has to spew hate at another.  Has to call other names, talk vulgarly to them. What a phony.

I must have missed something.  Could you post what was vulgar and name calling?  Could be I just missed it otherwise it is character assassination.  This is kind of ugly.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #191 on: February 21, 2018, 01:24:01 am »
I must have missed something.  Could you post what was vulgar and name calling?  Could be I just missed it otherwise it is character assassination.  This is kind of ugly.

@Chosen Daughter any mention of Trump endorsing Romney is considered "vulgar and name calling" to some around here.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #192 on: February 21, 2018, 01:25:55 am »
No it's a big story...especially the way Mittens trashed Trump and how some folks had you asked them during the election would have sworn on a stack of bibles Trump would NEVER have anything to do with Romney in any election.

And yet here we are.

Kabuki Theater.

Can't stand Mitt Romney.  And I don't like how Bain operates either.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #193 on: February 21, 2018, 01:27:46 am »

@RoosGirl

Not the forum just the damn yankees
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #194 on: February 21, 2018, 01:29:35 am »
@Chosen Daughter any mention of Trump endorsing Romney is considered "vulgar and name calling" to some around here.

I know, been there but wanted to see if he could show specifics.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #195 on: February 21, 2018, 01:46:12 am »
@RoosGirl

Not the forum just the damn yankees

@driftdiver I find the yankees to be fine people... as long as they only come to Florida for short visits.  ^-^

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #196 on: February 21, 2018, 01:53:25 am »
So to me what doesn't add up with this endorsement is Trump supporting a man who made his living putting Americans out of work.  Doesn't go along with the MAGA mantra.  In fact it is everything Trump said he would work against.  I worked at a company that was bought out by Bain Capital so I know from first hand experience how they operate.

https://boingboing.net/2012/08/13/bain-capital-buys-profitable-a.html

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #197 on: February 21, 2018, 02:15:56 am »
Yeah, that's what I thought.  Damn hypocrite.

@RoosGirl  ... We've been posting to and around each other for quite some time now.  And I've come to realize that you are uncomfortable entering the arena of ideas, preferring to stay on the playground, so to speak.  In all candor this is just not my cup of tea -- so it only follows neither are your posts.

Here you entered a thread pointing your finger at me and admonishing me for perceived bad behavior.  Your post did nothing to advance an earlier discussion on letting go of the past ... even missing that I volunteered to go first.

So, yes, in a grownup world inhabited by thinkers, your post was silly.  This is my opinion and I do ask you to agree.  All I ask is that you not waste time and energy posting to or about me.  For this you have my sincere "thank you" in advance and a promise to return the same respect.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #198 on: February 21, 2018, 02:28:57 am »
@RoosGirl  ... We've been posting to and around each other for quite some time now.  And I've come to realize that you are uncomfortable entering the arena of ideas, preferring to stay on the playground, so to speak.  In all candor this is just not my cup of tea -- so it only follows neither are your posts.

Here you entered a thread pointing your finger at me and admonishing me for perceived bad behavior.  Your post did nothing to advance an earlier discussion on letting go of the past ... even missing that I volunteered to go first.

So, yes, in a grownup world inhabited by thinkers, your post was silly.  This is my opinion and I do ask you to agree.  All I ask is that you not waste time and energy posting to or about me.  For this you have my sincere "thank you" in advance and a promise to return the same respect.

Actually, after 2 years of reading your posts I just think you're full of shit.  I've tried having a "grown up" conversation with you, but it always involves your sniping. And now, after having seen your bullshit ideas for the last 2 years I give zero bleep about having a "grown up" conversation with you.  And no, I won't stop calling out your bullshit.  You don't like what I have to say then put me on ignore, or go back to people who maybe actually like you at TOS.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #199 on: February 21, 2018, 02:31:24 am »
We've been posting to and around each other for quite some time now.  And I've come to realize that you are uncomfortable entering the arena of ideas, preferring to stay on the playground, so to speak.  In all candor this is just not my cup of tea -- so it only follows neither are your posts.

The amount of condescension, and down-talking while you make all kinds of demands amidst your snark I have concluded is not just the kind of behavior one expects from a Leftist 'intellectual' know-it-all. But pretty much Republican Party hack loyalist know-it-alls as well.

But she did nail you adroitly on the hypocrisy of your own position for a silly child on the playground who is not interested in entering the arena of ideas.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 02:32:05 am by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775