Author Topic: Trump endorses Romney...  (Read 6082 times)

Offline GrouchoTex

Re: Trump endorses Romney...
« Reply #150 on: February 20, 2018, 06:39:44 pm »
Lynching Map, be proud of your Southern Heritage (sarcasm), I'm related to Stonewall Jackson and I am, but I'm not going to use that to push hateful statements like "Peeing on General Sherman's grave"- Catfish1957 and the like. Jackson's direct family has also come out against those who exploit the flag. No need for the pro-slavery crowd which is what a lot of these arguments come out to.

@RoosGirl @catfish1957

It's official, you've lost it.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #151 on: February 20, 2018, 06:42:34 pm »
@musiclady
I have you on ignore for a reason and sometimes unwisely press the button to see the nonsense posted.  Curiosity kills the cat so to speak.

I prefer not to converse with people who knowingly misconstrue and misrelate what I say.

Except that I don't.   And it was the Mod who removed your nasty post.  I never saw it.

Stop projecting your own failings on others.

And by all means, keep me on Ignore.  I have no need to put you there, in spite of your nastiness and continuing to misconstrue what I say, but if you are so fragile that you can't tolerate differences, feel free to keep me on Ignore ad infinitum.

Just keep in mind you're missing some good conversation with a like-minded conservative because of your hyper sensitivity.

@driftdiver
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #152 on: February 20, 2018, 06:43:17 pm »
As was the 11th Commandment.

But when a church becomes apostate and begins preaching and acting upon a different doctrine - using the 11th Commandment to force principled people to remain in it out of fear of hell and Democrats, is the power a newfound cult has to keep from losing its members.

Of course the Clergy like Trump are absolved from following the Commandments that they preach that the rest of the faithful must adhere to, or be declared a heretic or a Hillary supporter.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #153 on: February 20, 2018, 06:43:27 pm »
@aligncare

I think Trump is whatever he needs to be to get what he wants.   He needed the Clintons so he was pals with them.

That's why I think it's so important to cooperate with him and push him to do what's right.  Otherwise he will get pushed to the leftists.

:thumbsup:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #154 on: February 20, 2018, 06:44:28 pm »
It's official, you've lost it.

LONG time ago!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #155 on: February 20, 2018, 06:44:35 pm »
@musiclady you know as well as I do for some people here the answer to that is a responding yes.

Indeed.   No matter what he does, or how he's done it, there are those who say it doesn't matter because he's on "our side."
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #156 on: February 20, 2018, 06:48:21 pm »
And I honestly believe some here cannot distinguish between honest debate and "infighting".
As a Californian I was really, really pissed when our beloved President Reagan, gave us amnesty. I say so repeatedly.

That should prove I worship no political figure. Even the very best leave plenty to be desired.

It is quite another galaxy, to endure repeated photos and associations with Hitler and Nazis HERE (that is what dems do with conservatives). To see it go unpunished, over and over, is not a sign of really, really wanting mature decorous political discussion.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #157 on: February 20, 2018, 07:04:46 pm »
Oooo..you got me.../s

Speaking of a time warp...

Times have changed since RR's presidency...people now have the ability to voice their opinions with others via the internet..I wonder what RR would think of Trump?

Do you mean had Trump lost, or had Trump won?

He was that kind of a practical, common sense, results oriented guy....that could distinguish winning, from losing again.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #158 on: February 20, 2018, 07:07:26 pm »
Oooo..you got me.../s

As debate points go you'll have to admit this was a 10.   :laugh:

Speaking of a time warp... Times have changed since RR's presidency...people now have the ability to voice their opinions with others via the internet..I wonder what RR would think of Trump?

Sure, folks have easy access to expressing their opinions thanks to Al Gore's magnificent Internet.  But I'm of the opinion this only makes a more compelling case for RR's 11th Commandment.

As to what RR would think of President Trump?  I think President Reagan would consider Donald Trump to be the right man for the job at the right time. 

I also think Reagan would see a lot of himself in Trump --- a champion and advocate for the American worker, unwavering support for our military, economic acumen evidenced by tax reform, lowered regulations and withdrawal from anti-American trade agreements.  Ronald Reagan would also applaud President Trump being the first sitting President to visit the Western Wall and to  stand shoulder-to-shoulder with pro-life marchers in real time and in front of the cameras.

On a personal level I think Ronald Reagan would stand just a little bit in awe of President Trump refusing to retreat from a hostile media (worse than what Reagan suffered through) or the hostile members of his own party.   

In a nutshell ... I think Ronald Reagan would be proud to call Donald Trump "Mr. President".

And, yes, @mystery-ak  I am serious.

Offline DB

« Reply #159 on: February 20, 2018, 07:13:17 pm »
Oooo..you got me.../s

Speaking of a time warp...

Times have changed since RR's presidency...people now have the ability to voice their opinions with others via the internet..I wonder what RR would think of Trump?

Trump went to capital hill to a congressional hearing bashing Reagan's tax cuts and demanding that real estate tax shelters be reinstated in the tax code and that if people didn't invest in real estate as a tax shelter that they be forced to pay much higher rates, to the tune of around 50%.

So it doesn't take much imagination to know what Reagan thought of Trump.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #160 on: February 20, 2018, 07:15:06 pm »
Trump went to capital hill to a congressional hearing bashing Reagan's tax cuts and demanding that real estate tax shelters be reinstated in the tax code and that if people didn't invest in real estate as a tax shelter that they be forced to pay much higher rates, to the tune of around 50%.

So it doesn't take much imagination to know what Reagan thought of Trump.

Stupid facts!  Who needs 'em?   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline corbe

« Reply #161 on: February 20, 2018, 07:17:11 pm »
   And that in a nutshell @Right_in_Virginia is why this site is so invaluable to ALL of US, as devoid of any logic some may find my Posts and Yours, all are welcome to debate. Thank You Myst and Mods for making this possible.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #162 on: February 20, 2018, 07:19:40 pm »
It is quite another galaxy, to endure repeated photos and associations with Hitler and Nazis HERE (that is what dems do with conservatives). To see it go unpunished, over and over, is not a sign of really, really wanting mature decorous political discussion.

A desire to see punishment and the threat of future punishment upon ideas and comments deemed critical of Trump and his supporters seems to be a major motivating factor.

A people that willfully ignore history, do not want to see it and think it does not apply to them or their party, are actually busy tilling fertile ground for history to repeat.  I suppose showing photos of youth marching in Mao's Cultural Revolution alongside pics of Antifa or the anti-gun rallies being planned to make a comparison of where such mindsets and memes lead to fundamentally transform a society, must be equally offensive to you. 

Or is it more of 'it's okay when WE DO IT'?

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #163 on: February 20, 2018, 07:25:39 pm »
A desire to see punishment and the threat of future punishment upon ideas and comments deemed critical of Trump and his supporters seems to be a major motivating factor.

A people that willfully ignore history, do not want to see it and think it does not apply to them or their party, are actually busy tilling fertile ground for history to repeat.  I suppose showing photos of youth marching in Mao's Cultural Revolution alongside pics of Antifa or the anti-gun rallies being planned to make a comparison of where such mindsets and memes lead to fundamentally transform a society, must be equally offensive to you. 

Or is it more of 'it's okay when WE DO IT'?

Dude, YOU repeatedly used pictures and words, to accuse Trump and his supporters, of being like Hitler and his supporters. 

« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 07:32:29 pm by truth_seeker »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #164 on: February 20, 2018, 07:51:42 pm »
Dude, YOU repeatedly used pictures and words, to accuse Trump and his supporters, of being like Hitler and his supporters.

And, from what I've seen, the mods take care of that very quickly.  Maybe you know differently?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #165 on: February 20, 2018, 07:54:25 pm »

It's not my fault you cannot discern the difference between being CALLED a NAZI (which was not done), and images that showcase historical facts of where similar memes and mindsets currently being expressed, leads a society.  That an image that illustrates indifference to 99% of a society that salutes in blind loyalty to a party and person offends you so, just makes my point.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #166 on: February 20, 2018, 08:00:22 pm »
And, from what I've seen, the mods take care of that very quickly.  Maybe you know differently?

They have indeed deleted images and posts I have made and they have handed me warnings on threads and via PM, some of which I have heeded and other times not, depending on the thread and nature of the discussion.  Even my description of a photo that makes a point has been edited to assuage delicate sensibilities.

To go and blame the owner and the Mods with not being 'fair' because they do not punish whom they want silenced and punished is just illustrative of the very things many of us Principled Conservatives have charged the AT crowd with.

As is my practice, I do not go and bitch to the mods.  I fight my own battles.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #167 on: February 20, 2018, 08:06:39 pm »
As debate points go you'll have to admit this was a 10.   :laugh:

Sure, folks have easy access to expressing their opinions thanks to Al Gore's magnificent Internet.  But I'm of the opinion this only makes a more compelling case for RR's 11th Commandment.

As to what RR would think of President Trump?  I think President Reagan would consider Donald Trump to be the right man for the job at the right time. 

I also think Reagan would see a lot of himself in Trump --- a champion and advocate for the American worker, unwavering support for our military, economic acumen evidenced by tax reform, lowered regulations and withdrawal from anti-American trade agreements.  Ronald Reagan would also applaud President Trump being the first sitting President to visit the Western Wall and to  stand shoulder-to-shoulder with pro-life marchers in real time and in front of the cameras.

On a personal level I think Ronald Reagan would stand just a little bit in awe of President Trump refusing to retreat from a hostile media (worse than what Reagan suffered through) or the hostile members of his own party.   

In a nutshell ... I think Ronald Reagan would be proud to call Donald Trump "Mr. President".

And, yes, @mystery-ak  I am serious.

Agree. Any politician that has famously said, as Ronald Reagan has, that he’ll take 70 or 80 percent on a legislative compromise, then come back and fight for the rest later, is a pragmatist. IMHO Reagan would be quite pleased with a President Trump.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #168 on: February 20, 2018, 08:13:17 pm »
This is a cool thread.  Mystery, Intrigue, skullduggery and name calling.  What a country.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #169 on: February 20, 2018, 08:28:29 pm »
This is a cool thread.  Mystery, Intrigue, skullduggery and name calling.  What a country.

We have a rich and terrific history of mystery, intrigue, skullduggery and name calling as a nation.  I'm so glad we have a forum that reflects this American Spirit of passionate argument, duel and debate.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #170 on: February 20, 2018, 08:35:28 pm »
You see that as no problem. I see it as subjecting good people to repeated, unnecessary serious insults, with little consequence.

It is like shouting "baby killer," at a Vietnam vet for example. I happen to serve in Germany with two purposes: Occupying force following WWII, and stand against the Cold War enemy, USSR.

The type of thing which really triggers vets, is those who failed to serve, playing games about military service.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #171 on: February 20, 2018, 08:38:46 pm »
I know and it breaks my heart that they feel they have been run off. I want TBR to remain neutral where politics can be discussed freely and ALL politicians are subject to scrutiny....TBR WILL not become a Pro-Trump site!

@mystery-ak

Wow...a one word post and a link to a political story has generated 6 1/2+ pages and counting of indignation  and less than half a page of comments on the article itself......

I commend your determination to prevent TBR from becoming a pro-Trump site. I think most site owners have figured out in America today that shared emotion is what motivates people to congregate on a site. We are, generally speaking, herd animals longing to be with "like minded" individuals and opinions that are different than ones own are very hard for some people to tolerate.

Thanks for your steadfast resolve to maintain TBR as a forum open to all opinions, for despite all recent appearances to the contrary, conservatives are smarter than they look and  have sounded in the last few years and I am hopeful with places like this they will again come to value intellectual debate over emotional nonsense.... :shrug:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #172 on: February 20, 2018, 08:45:27 pm »
@mystery-ak

Wow...a one word post and a link to a political story has generated 6 1/2+ pages and counting of indignation  and less than half a page of comments on the article itself......

I commend your determination to prevent TBR from becoming a pro-Trump site. I think most site owners have figured out in America today that shared emotion is what motivates people to congregate on a site. We are, generally speaking, herd animals longing to be with "like minded" individuals and opinions that are different than ones own are very hard for some people to tolerate.

Thanks for your steadfast resolve to maintain TBR as a forum open to all opinions, for despite all recent appearances to the contrary, conservatives are smarter than they look and  have sounded in the last few years and I am hopeful with places like this they will again come to value intellectual debate over emotional nonsense.... :shrug:

Perhaps there are so few comments on the article itself because it is a great big nothing burger.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #173 on: February 20, 2018, 09:10:34 pm »
I don't believe that your "Not your finest moment, sir" was an appropriate response to the disgusting, violent post of the one you are defending.

The word "disgusting" was mild compared to the comment made that caused the reaction.

Why are you excusing it?  Because you now too are a blind supporter of Trump?  Or another reason?

Why are you saying I excused it, as "Not your finest moment, sir" is not an excuse?  "Blind," interesting choice of slur. 

I thought my sarcasm was clear enough on this thread, but to clarify I don't really think America is now Great because 2 swamp creatures are patting each other on the back.  I think the huge gulf between Romney (the GOP nominee in 2012) and Trump (the GOP nominee in 2016) should be embarrassing to the GOP.  If the 2020 election was today I wouldn't vote for Trump.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #174 on: February 20, 2018, 09:17:38 pm »
You see that as no problem. I see it as subjecting good people to repeated, unnecessary serious insults, with little consequence.

It is like shouting "baby killer," at a Vietnam vet for example. I happen to serve in Germany with two purposes: Occupying force following WWII, and stand against the Cold War enemy, USSR.

The type of thing which really triggers vets, is those who failed to serve, playing games about military service.

Speaking of unnecessary insults and subjecting people to things...you have no room to talk with certain comments you've made here recently.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!