Author Topic: BREAKING>> Active Shooter Florida High School... Developing... Multiple victims...  (Read 24771 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The amount of denial on this thread is palpable.  Gun control laws are coming people; the only question is whether you’ll make the effort to have an effect on those laws, or will simply abdicate your responsibility so you can bitch when liberals enact the laws they would prefer.
They will be over your dead body which is undefended.

My body is well protected.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
I don't know how we got to this place that going into a school and killing kids solves your problems and make you feel better.....

We got here because kids didn't get enough or the right kind of Attention.

Most shooters assume or expect they themselves will be killed in the Act, at some point.

They also want a high body count: Attention Seeking.

They do not want to go out/be killed, without 1st killing enough other people to get that Attention, no matter how negative, from the Nation.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline musiclady

4 brothers - all served, none drafted, 3 retired from the military.  Mom retired as a Col.  Both sons served, one Marine and one Airman, who will retire from the military in due time.  I'm the widow of a Viet Nam combat vet.  Also not drafted.  That do it for you?

Wow. God bless them all! (And you too!)
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Mod2

Knock off the ghoulish gun control bullshit. Don't make me come back there.

Offline Idiot

Wow....here we go again....another mass murder.  I'm for gun rights, but personally I can't see a use in owning a semi-automatic weapon.  Just not much use for hunting.  If they go away...  oh well....

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Wow. God bless them all! (And you too!)

Thanks, MusicLady.  And, I did nothing.  It was all them.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
I do believe that the first slur uttered was "idiot"  and it wasn’t by me!

Seems familiar.

Look, @Bigun, if he hasn't been censured for his near endless, scurrilous slanders and in your face insults already, don't expect it to ever happen.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Thanks, MusicLady.  And, I did nothing.  It was all them.

No...you did your share, you supported them.

The hardest job in the military is the wife/mother who waits at home.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

And I thank God that both my kids home school the grandkids.

Just wish Sen Cruz had been successful in getting the 529 for home schoolers.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Wow....here we go again....another mass murder.  I'm for gun rights, but personally I can't see a use in owning a semi-automatic weapon.  Just not much use for hunting.  If they go away...  oh well....

I imagine in the near future we might hear something very similar:

Here we go again... more hate speech and hate beliefs.  I'm all for free speech and press, but personally I can't see a use in sharing ideas or beliefs that others find offensive on public media.  Just not much use for political expression.  If the First Amendment goes away...oh well...
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Mod2

I'll be thrilled if we can get through this night with any of the first 10 Amendments intact....

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Learning more about the shooter's background. He was adopted and his mother died last year. Considered an outcast at school, no friends, made awkward sexual advances, ostracized. Showed off about guns, followed Iragi and Syrian fighters on social media. Researched bomb-making.

Kids at school joked that if there was ever a shooting at the school, it'd be him. Expelled from school and not allowed on campus with a backpack.  School Superintendent denied he was on anyone's radar earlier today.

This could have been prevented.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 03:35:00 am by austingirl »
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline endicom

I'll be thrilled if we can get through this night with any of the first 10 Amendments intact....

Amendments or Commandments?

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Learning more about the shooter's background. He was adopted and his mother died last year. Considered an outcast at school, no friends, made awkward sexual advances, ostracized. Showed off about guns, followed Iragi and Syrian fighters on social media. Researched bomb-making.

Kids at school joked that if there was ever a shooting at the school, it'd be him. Expelled from school and not allowed on campus with a backpack.  School Superintendent denied he was on anyone's radar earlier today.

This could have been prevented.

Agreed; this family's story sounds sad to begin with.  The father died a few years ago; they lost their home last year; and then the mother died.   The shooter was involved in JROTC and very interested in guns.  He went to an alternative school and then worked at Dollar Tree, where he was well-liked.

There is a younger brother named Zachary, also adopted -- I wonder where he is and if he's okay.  Their mother used to ask the local police to "talk sense" to the brothers; they obviously needed help.  This is all per local news and the NYTimes.

Obviously none of this excuses what he did.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline NavyCanDo

Apparently Cruz was obsessed with firearms.

So am I and the others on gun forums I am a member of. But we don't dream of doing bad things with them. These are good and decent people. This crazy bastard had a sick and twisted mind. It wasnt his obsession with guns that triggered this.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 03:50:08 am by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Agreed; this family's story sounds sad to begin with.  The father died a few years ago; they lost their home last year; and then the mother died.   The shooter was involved in JROTC and very interested in guns.  He went to an alternative school and then worked at Dollar Tree, where he was well-liked.

There is a younger brother named Zachary, also adopted -- I wonder where he is and if he's okay.  Their mother used to ask the local police to "talk sense" to the brothers; they obviously needed help.  This is all per local news and the NYTimes.

Obviously none of this excuses what he did.

Thanks for the extra details about his family. But, yes, nothing excuses his actions.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I have a number of semi-automatics, and they're not for shooting Bambi.  Went I was younger and hunted, I preferred single-action for that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I saw he had a picture of a dead frog on his instagram, this was on fox and he delved into things like this, I don't know the limit to it but obviously, such things as this indicated someone that needed to be looked at seriously.

Offline Frank Cannon

This right here is why I dislike the cops. They bust into wrong peoples houses serving warrants late at night and shoot them and their dog because they can't read numbers on a mailbox, yet this piece of human debris is perfectly intact when they arrest him......

Where's the split lip, busted up eye, broken limbs and fingers? They could have taken this MoFo down harder than hell and roughed him up. Utter bullshit.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
I have a number of semi-automatics, and they're not for shooting Bambi.  Went I was younger and hunted, I preferred single-action for that.

Man alive, this thread really went off course.

@Sanguine

I personally want to thank you for your family's commitment to our Country.  Your husband made the ultimate sacrifice.  I would not have known without this thread going off the rails.  You are so special.

I, myself, have been shooting since childhood.  It has always been a great sport.  Some people may not think it is a sport, but shooting and archery are both Olympiad sports.

I loved shooting skeet and trap.  Won a few prizes.

Then I got into combat shooting in California.  I was taught by a Master.  Great sport.

I have never killed anything with any gun.  I do not need to do that. I can walk into a grocery store, and buy what I want without having to kill.  But someone did.

My prayers are out for the community in Florida.  This is awful. 

I am sure we will know more in the days to come.  I will not guess on what should have happened.

God bless you all!  But don't you ever think you will get between me and some of my collectibles.  Beautiful works of art.

@mystery-ak

I bet we could share a whole lot of stuff about the nuns, the ones who wore habits.  I went to Catholic School from Kindergarten until I graduated from high school. Don't mess with the nuns! LOL!
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
It wasnt his obsession with guns that triggered this.

I agree, but that's not the point.  It's that his obsession with guns facilitated this.  If you cannot prevent an unstable mind, the best you can do is take away the tools he uses. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
/snicker

Yeah, the man's a banana short of a bunch.

It’s illegal to yell “fire” in a crowded theater.  That is an infringement on free speech. Has liberty died?  Only an idiot would think so. 

Extremism in the defense of liberty doesn't really do the cause of liberty any favors. 

You have two choices:  lead on the question of tighter restrictions on guns, or wake up one day living under liberal left wing gun laws that strip you of your weapons, period.
It doesn’t matter how much you dislike it, it’s going to happen, the only question is whether you’re going to have a say in the laws that result, or whether you’re going to let liberals enact those laws.

What's this, the fourth school shooting this year?    Yeah, you're right, tighter restrictions on guns are coming,  that are only the act of a majority of the peoples' representatives away.   Registration.  Insurance.  The regulation of markets.  All Constitutional, based on the say so of Justice Scalia.    Those who want those laws to be reasonable, limited and efficacious should consider being part of the solution. 
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 05:42:30 am by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
$1,000,000 homes in the area, Cruz worked in a $ dollar store per one student.

I think he was kicked out of HS during his junior year. A HS dropout, working at the $ dollar store, in a neighborhood of $ million homes, might have some "income inequality" issues, resentments.

He was nineteen. Think how he might be at 53 ?? Lacking judgment, self-control, fly off the handle.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
How did this kid have possession of an AR-15, also one of the students interviewed by Tucker said, she vaguely knew of this Cruz fellow, knew his brother or something and the brother said they'd hear this Nicolas Cruz dry firing the gun at night. Spookie stuff.

This "kid" is 19 which is a legal adult.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Yeah, you're right, tighter restrictions on guns are coming,  that are only the act of a majority of the peoples' representatives away.   Registration.  Insurance.  The regulation of markets.  All Constitutional, based on the say so of Justice Scalia.    Those who want those laws to be reasonable, limited and efficacious should consider being part of the solution.

Do that and you bought yourself an ugly war.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775