Author Topic: Devin Nunes just told Fox & Friends that Trump never met George Papadopoulos. Here's a picture of th  (Read 3178 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This in itself should be sending up all kinds of red flags .... Mueller who was appointed by Rosenstein, who  was specifically named in the FISA memo, is conducting an investigation into Trump.  Seriously. We are losing any rule of law that we have left.

I agree.  I think this is a sign of Obastard's weaponizing of the Executive bureaucracies.  He did it with the IRS against the TEA Partiers, I have no doubt he corrupted the FBI as well, under Loretta Lynch.  One does not need to be a lover of all things Trump to be concerned about that happened here.  However, it helps to be a NeverTrumper to pooh-pooh the results of the IG's investigation.  That seems to come pretty easy.

That said, I've seen quite a few people who dislike Trump greatly come out and say "This thing with the FBI abusing the FISA system smells really rotten."  This isn't a "Trump Thing," but I find it interesting who comes out with the pooh-pooh to trash anybody who questions the magical FBI.  Seems to be the same old battle lines.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
This in itself should be sending up all kinds of red flags....Mueller who was appointed by Rosenstein, who was specifically named in the FISA memo, is conducting an investigation into Trump.  Seriously. We are losing any rule of law that we have left.

Appointment of the SC is not mandatory.  It’s at the discretion of the AG or DAG.  Sessions recused himself and Trump appointed both Sessions and Rosenstein.  To conclude this is a giant, politically motivated witch hunt would require not only collusion from the Clinton campaign and Obama administration, but also a continuing conspiracy among Republicans in the administration, including Sessions to put all the pieces in place.  At some point you just have to admit it is absurd.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline skeeter

I agree.  I think this is a sign of Obastard's weaponizing of the Executive bureaucracies.  He did it with the IRS against the TEA Partiers, I have no doubt he corrupted the FBI as well, under Loretta Lynch.  One does not need to be a lover of all things Trump to be concerned about that happened here.  However, it helps to be a NeverTrumper to pooh-pooh the results of the IG's investigation.  That seems to come pretty easy.

That said, I've seen quite a few people who dislike Trump greatly come out and say "This thing with the FBI abusing the FISA system smells really rotten."  This isn't a "Trump Thing," but I find it interesting who comes out with the pooh-pooh to trash anybody who questions the magical FBI.  Seems to be the same old battle lines.

I used to hold out some hope that if things really got bad - if evidence of corruption reached a certain critical mass we'd all be able to put partisanship aside and pull together to condemn it.

After all, the use of law enforcement and intelligence agencies in service of a political agenda against political enemies is fascistic and threatens everyone.

Not so - its clear now there are those who are deluded to the point that they will NEVER break political ranks under any circumstances. Why waste time on them.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 12:18:53 am by skeeter »

Oceander

This in itself should be sending up all kinds of red flags .... Mueller who was appointed by Rosenstein, who  was specifically named in the FISA memo, is conducting an investigation into Trump.  Seriously. We are losing any rule of law that we have left.

No were not.  And it’s exactly that sort of hyperbole that turns off the uncommitted, the people whom we need to persuade that we are correct. 

Offline anubias

He foolishly lied to the investigation team.  It wasn’t some ‘ooops’ process crime where he was caught up in some kind of nebulous verbiage trap like Martha Stewart or Scooter Libby.  He straight up lied with intent.  He had been under investigation and they knew the extent of his contacts. When he went in, he could have told the truth and walked out. Instead, he put himself in the noose.

His plea papers tell the story.......

http://www.lawfareblog.com/george-papadopoulos-stipulation-and-plea-agreement

Then say that as opposed to claiming he was charged for Russian collusion.  When you leave it out, you are doing the exact same thing the Ds do to leave the impression that he was guilty of something awful and that it shows that Trump is dirty.  It’s bad enough that the D’s and the media do it.

Offline anubias

Yes we are.  Nunes is fighting to get it back, thank God.

Offline anubias

We saw ‘weasel words’ on full display during the ‘shithouse’ affair.  In the grand scheme of things, it was a hilarious distraction of no real consequence.  However, you had members present saying ‘I do not recall hearing that word’ and other terms like ‘harsh language’ being used.  They tried to have it both ways, saying it was never said and claiming if it was – so what.

Most of the congressional members are lawyers. If they were going to equivocate over something so silly as ‘shithouse,’ you can be damn sure they will over something really important.

Oh, for goodness’ sake!  I’m done.  That has absolutely nothing to do with Obamagate.  You’re just throwing crap out there now trying to change the subject. 

Offline edpc

Then say that as opposed to claiming he was charged for Russian collusion.  When you leave it out, you are doing the exact same thing the Ds do to leave the impression that he was guilty of something awful and that it shows that Trump is dirty.  It’s bad enough that the D’s and the media do it.

Yeah?  Show me where I said he was charged with collusion.  Perhaps that’s what you thought I meant, even though I didn’t say actually it.  That sounds an awful lot like Stewart and Gaetz this weekend.

Offline edpc

Oh, for goodness’ sake!  I’m done.  That has absolutely nothing to do with Obamagate.  You’re just throwing crap out there now trying to change the subject.

It doesn’t have anything to do with the memo, but has everything to do with ‘weasel word’ language. I merely showed a recent example of that everyone is familiar with. It’s not my problem that you can’t follow analogy.

Offline anubias

Yeah?  Show me where I said he was charged with collusion.  Perhaps that’s what you thought I meant, even though I didn’t say actually it.  That sounds an awful lot like Stewart and Gaetz this weekend.

You did not.  I messed up the first sentence.  You can see where I said in the next sentence that you “left it out.”  I do apologize for the mistake, but you knew what I meant from the rest of it.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You did not.  I messed up the first sentence.  You can see where I said in the next sentence that you “left it out.”  I do apologize for the mistake, but you knew what I meant from the rest of it.

No, he's going to pick apart and parse what you said in order to smear and belittle you, and rubbish your posts.  It's what he does.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Appointment of the SC is not mandatory.  It’s at the discretion of the AG or DAG.  Sessions recused himself and Trump appointed both Sessions and Rosenstein.  To conclude this is a giant, politically motivated witch hunt would require not only collusion from the Clinton campaign and Obama administration, but also a continuing conspiracy among Republicans in the administration, including Sessions to put all the pieces in place.  At some point you just have to admit it is absurd.

No.  At some point you have to admit that this is the reality!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline edpc

Actually, I don’t know.  Neither you or I can divine the intent of the other or some random person.  We can only attempt to convey it directly, which is pretty much my point in criticism of some of the statements and wording over the past few days.

Instead, that’s fodder for the pack wolves here to just flat out know I’m some sort of positive charged particle looking to latch onto anything negative about Trump.  I’ve said many times in other threads I think the idea he colluded with Russian agents to be preposterous.

That doesn’t mean everything associated with debunking it is taken as gospel by me.  Anyone in politics has an agenda and will construct things to fit it.  Nunes is no different.  The committee just unanimously voted to release the Democratic version. If it ends up getting released, you can believe I’ll be poring over it to find holes, as well.  Given that it comes from Schiff, there are bound to be plenty.

I do not take the jaundiced eye approach to anything.

Offline edpc

No.  At some point you have to admit that this is the reality!

That would mean all the people advising Trump on his appointments would be in on it to set him up, have Sessions recuse, and Rosenstein appoint Mueller, granting him unlimited scope.

C’mon, man......

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
If it keeps trolling it's gonna burn that motor out....
I will NOT comply.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline anubias

No, he's going to pick apart and parse what you said in order to smear and belittle you, and rubbish your posts.  It's what he does.

Yep.  He pretended in the post below to not know what i meant.  He didn’t have to know what I meant, for that matter, as he was the one that mentioned the conviction without stating that it was merely for lying to Congress as opposed to leaving one to assume it was for “Russian Collusion” which is what Mueller is supposedly investigating.

I’m done.  I am not going to spend my time arguing with a person that is being dishonest at every turn.  His, and others like him, have an agenda that is at odds with those of us who would like to see the rule of law prevail in this country.

Offline edpc

The strange thing about trolling is even with quality tackle, you still attract and catch trash fish.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 01:24:18 am by edpc »

Offline driftdiver

The strange thing about trolling is even with quality tackle, you still attract and catch trash fish.

@edpc

Offline skeeter

That would mean all the people advising Trump on his appointments would be in on it to set him up, have Sessions recuse, and Rosenstein appoint Mueller, granting him unlimited scope.

C’mon, man......

And you yourself have said you think the Trump collusion charge is preposterous, yet here we are with this big old investigation. Strange times.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

C’mon, man......

I say, open your eyes. I for one believe that the swamp creatures, (DEMS and GOPe) bought and paid for Sessions ... and Sessions is following their orders.  I believe he/they encouraged Trump to appoint Rosenstein (if not Trump did not vet him himself) and in turn Rosenstein appointed Mueller.  Don't you find it just a little odd that Sessions has done absolutely nothing with all the information before him including Rosenstein being named in the FISA memo? 

Unfortunately, the rule of law has dwindled drastically.  So, tell me ... who exactly is going to hold Rosenstein, Mueller, Clinton, Comey, and on down the line accountable?  If you say Sessions  ... why hasn't he done anything?  Sessions himself went before a panel and basically stated that it was perfectly fine for Rosenstein to investigate himself.  Sessions clearly stated that his 'department' would take appropriate actions.  So, tell me, what actions have Sessions and his department taken?  They sure as heck aren't going to take action against themselves!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5ME3PdRayA
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline edpc

And you yourself have said you think the Trump collusion charge is preposterous, yet here we are with this big old investigation. Strange times.

In my opinion, it is. I seriously doubt he had any involvement, directly. In the meantime, if that ferrets out some people who doing things they should not have been, that’s fine. Most of these people end up being lobbyists, consultants, and in some way ingrained into the DC culture. They need to be rooted out.  Some of the associations may be slightly politically embarrassing, but not necessarily illegal.  So what - he did want to drain the swamp, right?

Offline driftdiver

In my opinion, it is. I seriously doubt he had any involvement, directly. In the meantime, if that ferrets out some people who doing things they should not have been, that’s fine. Most of these people end up being lobbyists, consultants, and in some way ingrained into the DC culture. They need to be rooted out.  Some of the associations may be slightly politically embarrassing, but not necessarily illegal.  So what - he did want to drain the swamp, right?

@edpc

Offline edpc

I say, open your eyes. I for one believe that the swamp creatures, (DEMS and GOPe) bought and paid for Sessions ... and Sessions is following their orders.

Yeah...see...that’s grassy knoller stuff to me.  Sorry.