Author Topic: Devin Nunes just told Fox & Friends that Trump never met George Papadopoulos. Here's a picture of th  (Read 3179 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

If Nunes is going to go out there and say things that are questionable or demonstrably false, how does this not help opponents when they say this information is incomplete and distorted?  So, no, I can’t say I like him undermining his own memo at all.

Several posters have refuted the idea that Nunes gave false information about this.  That a photo has turned up purportedly showing them together means zilch.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline GrouchoTex

"Devin Nunes just told Fox & Friends that Trump never met George Papadopoulos. Here's a picture"

Whoops!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 09:57:16 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Nunes did not “get elastic” with the facts.  The political origin was not made known to the FISA judge according to Gowdy who has reviewed it all as he is the lawyer of the bunch.  This is what Nunes was told by Gowdy.  Are you claiming Gowdy is lying?

No, I’m saying they’re attorneys and being very clever with their wording. Go read parts A and B of section 1.  They’re very specific to mention the APPLICATION, but nothing else about the FISC proceedings.  Swalwell says the court was made aware without saying how.  Nunes is sticking by the application wording, which is factual, but misleading.  To receive approval, you don’t just FedEx the paperwork over the judge to be signed.

After a series of steps, the final process involves submission by a lawyer to the judicial panel for review. If you think they just flip through papers and don’t ask questions about what’s before them, you are being naive.  Somewhere, court records exist of the interactions and whether the court was made aware of the origin. You’ll probably never see that. 

I’m less reluctant to be spoon fed and completely accept everything I’m told as fact.  Some of you should really try that bit of skepticism.  Take it out of the closet, put it on, and see how it fits.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline anubias

No, I’m saying they’re attorneys and being very clever with their wording. Go read parts A and B of section 1.  They’re very specific to mention the APPLICATION, but nothing else about the FISC proceedings.  Swalwell says the court was made aware without saying how.  Nunes is sticking by the application wording, which is factual, but misleading.  To receive approval, you don’t just FedEx the paperwork over the judge to be signed.

After a series of steps, the final process involves submission by a lawyer to the judicial panel for review. If you think they just flip through papers and don’t ask questions about what’s before them, you are being naive.  Somewhere, court records exist of the interactions and whether the court was made aware of the origin. You’ll probably never see that. 

I’m less reluctant to be spoon fed and completely accept everything I’m told as fact.  Some of you should really try that bit of skepticism.  Take it out of the closet, put it on, and see how it fits.

No, you are more interested in twisting facts and causing confusion just as the media and the Democratic Party are doing.

Gowdy has stated the court was not made aware of the decisions.  You are correct that I do not know if he is telling the truth on that.  Regardless, the warrant should not have been allowed on the basis there was nothing in it to backup any of the information within.  There has to be a witness to something that has to have some degree of credibility.  Since there is none in the warrant and they have none, either they lied in court or the judge simply rubberstamped it.  The IG is investigating this, and a bazillion other things.  We may find out eventually from the IG report.

Offline edpc

"Bad news" about Trump cheers him up.

@anubias
@Cyber Liberty

No, I just do not engage in herd mentality thinking. Everyone involved in this as an agenda. You’re deluding yourself if you don’t think otherwise. This memo aside, Trump is not completely cleared from investigation. Don’t believe me? Fine – just ask the note taker for this memo – Trey Gowdy. According to at least one of you, the sun rises and sets on his ass.  He correctly stated there would be a Mueller investigation with or without the dossier.

Offline anubias

@anubias
@Cyber Liberty

No, I just do not engage in herd mentality thinking. Everyone involved in this as an agenda. You’re deluding yourself if you don’t think otherwise. This memo aside, Trump is not completely cleared from investigation. Don’t believe me? Fine – just ask the note taker for this memo – Trey Gowdy. According to at least one of you, the sun rises and sets on his ass.  He correctly stated there would be a Mueller investigation with or without the dossier.

I beg to disagree.  You do follow herd mentality thinking.  You follow the DNC talking point herd.

Offline edpc

No, you are more interested in twisting facts and causing confusion just as the media and the Democratic Party are doing.

Gowdy has stated the court was not made aware of the decisions.  You are correct that I do not know if he is telling the truth on that.

No, he stated the application did not provide the origin of the memo. That is the portion that’s in writing, by his notetaking and the hand of committee members involved in writing it.

I’m not the one twisting facts.  The memo states McCabe testified there would be no FISA application without the Steele dossier. Twice, over the weekend, two separate Congressman said that is not a direct quote, but that’s what he meant. That’s a textbook definition of twisting a fact.

Offline edpc

I beg to disagree.  You do follow herd mentality thinking.  You follow the DNC talking point herd.

Of course. I went outside this morning when it was 4° and arrived at the conclusion it was extremely cold and I needed a heavier coat.  My liberal neighbor was cleaning snow from his car and said the same thing. I guess we were both following DNC talking points.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

@anubias
@Cyber Liberty

Accusing me of being "on the other side" to defend your persistent bias.  **nononono*  Oldest partisan propaganda trick in the book.  I don't have a "side" in this, pal, never have, but I get accused of it constantly.

I wish I could say I didn't expect to see this comment from you, but after this past weekend, it was a certainty.  You should do something about that foam at the mouth, somebody may try to give you a rabies shot or something.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline edpc

Accusing me of being "on the other side" to defend your persistent bias.  **nononono*  Oldest partisan propaganda trick in the book.  I don't have a "side" in this, pal, never have, but I get accused of it constantly.

I wish I could say I didn't expect to see this comment from you, but after this past weekend, it was a certainty.  You should do something about that foam at the mouth, somebody may try to give you a rabies shot or something.

WTF are you talking about with the ‘other side’....?  Also, I’m not sure whether to be flattered or concerned that you’re keeping tabs on my weekend activities and postings.  I can assure you, I have no idea beyond this thread, or this day, what you may have said elsewhere off the top of my head  - nor do I care.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

WTF are you talking about with the ‘other side’....?  Also, I’m not sure whether to be flattered or concerned that you’re keeping tabs on my weekend activities and postings.  I can assure you, I have no idea beyond this thread, or this day, what you may have said elsewhere off the top of my head  - nor do I care.

It was impossible to miss your constant bitching and belittling of members this weekend on the "memo threads."  One does not need to be a stalker to spot a partisan jerk.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

It was impossible to miss your constant bitching and belittling of members this weekend on the "memo threads."  One does not need to be a stalker to spot a partisan jerk.

Today is the 5th, but the memo threads began on the 2nd, so I’m unsure how much prorating we should do for the rent on the space in your head.  Be fair and remember February only has 28 days this year.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Nunes, just of Rush, said this was a photo op. It does not mean Papa "knows" Trump

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline anubias

This. ^^^^

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I wonder how many times this "story" is going to be rehashed?   :pondering:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Today is the 5th, but the memo threads began on the 2nd, so I’m unsure how much prorating we should do for the rent on the space in your head.  Be fair and remember February only has 28 days this year.

You're a pretty funny guy, for being a partisan jerk.  Like I said, your POS act over the weekend was impossible to miss.  You may continue being a little, bitty nasty if you wish, without me.  I assure you, my head has been partisan jerk-free for many, many years. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline anubias

I wonder how many times this "story" is going to be rehashed?   :pondering:

I wish I knew @Right_in_Virginia   It is getting old.

Offline edpc

You may continue being a little, bitty nasty if you wish, without me.

Easy now, don’t be so harsh. With soul-crushing comebacks like that, I definitely concede the battlefield to you, sir.   

:patriot:

Offline edpc

Nunes, just on Rush, said this was a photo op. It does not mean Papa "knows" Trump.

This is almost worse, in a way.  One of the reasons this team was assembled was due to the fallout from Trump saying this:

Asked on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” who he talks with “consistently” about foreign affairs, Mr. Trump responded, “I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things,” Politico reported.

“I know what I’m doing, and I listen to a lot of people, I talk to a lot of people, and at the appropriate time I’ll tell you who the people are,” Mr. Trump said Wednesday. “But I speak to a lot of people, but my primary consultant is myself, and I have a good instinct for this stuff.”

https://m.washingtontimes.com/

So, basically, they assembled a foreign advisory team for the sake of optics only. Unfortunately, two of these people were subjects of FBI investigation. One of them entered a guilty plea in the Mueller probe.  Talk about digging your own hole.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 11:17:24 pm by edpc »

Offline anubias

This is almost worse, in a way.  One of the reasons this team was assembled was due to the fallout from Trump saying this:

Asked on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” who he talks with “consistently” about foreign affairs, Mr. Trump responded, “I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things,” Politico reported.

“I know what I’m doing, and I listen to a lot of people, I talk to a lot of people, and at the appropriate time I’ll tell you who the people are,” Mr. Trump said Wednesday. “But I speak to a lot of people, but my primary consultant is myself, and I have a good instinct for this stuff.”

https://m.washingtontimes.com/

So, basically, they assembled a foreign advisory team for the sake of optics only. Unfortunately, two of these people were subjects of FBI investigation. One of them entered a guilty plea in the Mueller probe.  Talk about digging your own hole.

There you go again.  What was that guilty plea for?

Offline anubias

As for the “weasel words” you keep claiming, please recall that the doc could not contain classified information.  The memo was written to avoid anything that could be construed as classified which includes the judge and the court.

I am sure you know this, but I will repeat it one more time.  The IG is currently looking at the aspect you are calling into question, plus much, much more.  Your “weasel word” claim is typical of what the Dems are/have been doing because they can get away with it FOR NOW.  Hopefully, the boom will drop hard enough that the real weasels cannot get away.

Offline edpc

There you go again.  What was that guilty plea for?

He foolishly lied to the investigation team.  It wasn’t some ‘ooops’ process crime where he was caught up in some kind of nebulous verbiage trap like Martha Stewart or Scooter Libby.  He straight up lied with intent.  He had been under investigation and they knew the extent of his contacts. When he went in, he could have told the truth and walked out. Instead, he put himself in the noose.

His plea papers tell the story.......

http://www.lawfareblog.com/george-papadopoulos-stipulation-and-plea-agreement

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

@anubias
@Cyber Liberty

This in itself should be sending up all kinds of red flags .... Mueller who was appointed by Rosenstein, who  was specifically named in the FISA memo, is conducting an investigation into Trump.  Seriously. We are losing any rule of law that we have left.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline edpc

As for the “weasel words” you keep claiming, please recall that the doc could not contain classified information.  The memo was written to avoid anything that could be construed as classified which includes the judge and the court.

I am sure you know this, but I will repeat it one more time.  The IG is currently looking at the aspect you are calling into question, plus much, much more.  Your “weasel word” claim is typical of what the Dems are/have been doing because they can get away with it FOR NOW.  Hopefully, the boom will drop hard enough that the real weasels cannot get away.

We saw ‘weasel words’ on full display during the ‘shithouse’ affair.  In the grand scheme of things, it was a hilarious distraction of no real consequence.  However, you had members present saying ‘I do not recall hearing that word’ and other terms like ‘harsh language’ being used.  They tried to have it both ways, saying it was never said and claiming if it was – so what.

Most of the congressional members are lawyers. If they were going to equivocate over something so silly as ‘shithouse,’ you can be damn sure they will over something really important.