Author Topic: Devin Nunes just told Fox & Friends that Trump never met George Papadopoulos. Here's a picture of th  (Read 3180 times)

Offline Suppressed

Devin Nunes just told Fox & Friends that Trump never met George Papadopoulos. Here's a picture of them together.
11:04 a.m. ET
http://theweek.com/speedreads/753262/devin-nunes-just-told-fox--friends-that-trump-never-met-george-papadopoulos-heres-picture-together

Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) appeared on Fox & Friends on Monday to talk about the FBI's investigation into collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia. Specifically, he made some questionable claims downplaying the importance of President Trump's former foreign policy adviser, George Papadopolous, who has proved surprisingly essential to a swirl of controversy in Washington.

Papadopolous triggered the FBI's probe of the Trump campaign and Russia, thanks to a drunken conversation with an Australian diplomat in which he touted Russia's hacking efforts against Hillary Clinton during the 2016 election. He has also been indicted for lying to the FBI — but Nunes claimed that none of that really matters, because Papadopolous played such a minor role in the Trump campaign. In fact, "as far as we can tell, Papadopoulos … never even had met with the president," Nunes told host Brian Kilmeade.

That claim is untrue. Papadopoulos not only provoked the FBI probe, but he also edited foreign policy speeches for Trump and arranged meetings on the then-candidate's behalf with foreign leaders. Oh, and he is clearly visible in this campaign photo with Trump, Vox's Matthew Yglesias points out:

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline skeeter

Impeach foty fi!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Nunes said that 'as far as he knew' Trump didn't know Papadopoulos.

Now someone has dug up a very dark and grainy picture but even if it does show the two men together, that means very little.

It's Washington, DC.  Sooner or later, everybody meets everybody.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline skeeter

Nunes said that 'as far as he knew' Trump didn't know Papadopoulos.

Now someone has dug up a very dark and grainy picture but even if it does show the two men together, that means very little.

It's Washington, DC.  Sooner or later, everybody meets everybody.

I 'met' Richard Nixon.

But Kissinger would deny he knew me.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
“Look, getting drunk in London and talking to diplomats, saying that you don’t like Hillary Clinton — I think it’s kind of scary that our intelligence agencies would take that and use it against an American citizen,” Nunes said.

No, what Papadopoulos told Downer was the Russian had dirt on Hillary in the form of damaging emails.  That information had been conveyed to Papadopoulos by Russian intermediary Joseph Misfud in April 2016.

Regardless, you have a member of your campaign’s foreign policy advisory team drinking and running his mouth in a public setting.  How lovely.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Nunes, just of Rush, said this was a photo op. It does not mean Papa "knows" Trump

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Hoodat

Devin Nunes just told Fox & Friends that Trump never met George Papadopoulos. Here's a picture of them together.

That's really beautiful and all.  But what does that have to do with Justice Department officials conspiring with a political campaign by using manufactured documents to secure FISA warrants so that they could wiretap the opposing campaign?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

“Look, getting drunk in London and talking to diplomats, saying that you don’t like Hillary Clinton — I think it’s kind of scary that our intelligence agencies would take that and use it against an American citizen,” Nunes said.

No, what Papadopoulos told Downer was the Russian had dirt on Hillary in the form of damaging emails.  That information had been conveyed to Papadopoulos by Russian intermediary Joseph Misfud in April 2016.

Regardless, you have a member of your campaign’s foreign policy advisory team drinking and running his mouth in a public setting.  How lovely.

I understand why something like that might briefly pique the interest of the FBI, given Yannapaparopolous was a marginal campaign figure.

On the other hand given what everyone knew at the time about Clinton's personal handling of sensitive data drunkenly supposing that the Russians had dirt on Clinton wouldn't really be going too far out on a limb.

Offline edpc

I understand why something like that might briefly pique the interest of the FBI, given Yannapaparopolous was a marginal campaign figure.

On the other hand given what everyone knew at the time about Clinton's personal handling of sensitive data drunkenly supposing that the Russians had dirt on Clinton wouldn't really be going too far out on a limb.

My point was Nunes grossly mischaractarized the conversation.  Papadopoulos wasn’t just some Foster Brooks kind of guy saying he didn’t like Hillary.  I was also not impressed with something Nunes attempted to slip by in the Baier interview last week.  At the 7:00 mark, he tried to say Swalwell was lying about the political origin of the dossier being made known to the FISA judge.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R9h1Lw-uQpM

He then goes on to describe the scenario in court, call it incredible, then say he doesn’t believe it happened at all.  Not believing it is a far cry from definitely knowing it did not occur.  It’s extremely unhelpful for him to get elastic with the facts.

Offline skeeter

My point was Nunes grossly mischaractarized the conversation.  Papadopoulos wasn’t just some Foster Brooks kind of guy saying he didn’t like Hillary.  I was also not impressed with something Nunes attempted to slip by in the Baier interview last week.  At the 7:00 mark, he tried to say Swalwell was lying about the political origin of the dossier being made known to the FISA judge.

He then goes on to describe the scenario in court, call it incredible, then say he doesn’t believe it happened at all.  Not believing it is a far cry from definitely knowing it did not occur.  It’s extremely unhelpful for him to get elastic with the facts.

Well, generally speaking we both know what likely went on here.

How certain individuals might be handling themselves in the public eye really is of little concern. To me, anyway. Whats important is the public be made aware of how corrupt parts of their government have become. Its important the guilty  - regardless of who they may be - be held accountable.

The truth will come out. The question is will it come out before Trump's term is up, which the democrats and media are desperate to prevent.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

There isn't a single thing Republicans do about this FISA/Mueller business that you like, is there?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline edpc

There isn't a single thing Republicans do about this FISA/Mueller business that you like, is there?

If Nunes is going to go out there and say things that are questionable or demonstrably false, how does this not help opponents when they say this information is incomplete and distorted?  So, no, I can’t say I like him undermining his own memo at all.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

If Nunes is going to go out there and say things that are questionable or demonstrably false, how does this not help opponents when they say this information is incomplete and distorted?  So, no, I can’t say I like him undermining his own memo at all.

I watched your posts yesterday too.  Thanks for confirming.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

Don't allow the bastards to distract you.

Offline Frank Cannon

Nunes, just of Rush, said this was a photo op. It does not mean Papa "knows" Trump

I'm close personal friends with Robert Goulet. I got his autograph and a picture with him in a restaurant in 1983. Same for Aidan Quinn who I met while he was hung over in McCarran airport heading to NYC.

Offline skeeter

I'm close personal friends with Robert Goulet. I got his autograph and a picture with him in a restaurant in 1983. Same for Aidan Quinn who I met while he was hung over in McCarran airport heading to NYC.

When I first glanced at the headline I though it read 'Devin Nunes just told Fox & Friends that Trump never met George Papadopoulos. Here's a picture of a bunny with a pancake on its head'.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Fake news. That's not what Nunes said.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline edpc

I watched your posts yesterday too.  Thanks for confirming.

The only things that have been confirmed in this exchange is

A) Nunes has undercut his credibility twice in four days
B) Some have heard ‘Steele’ and nothing else

Online Hoodat

Fake news. That's not what Nunes said.

Kelly Morales' specialty is Fake News.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline anubias

Nunes did not “get elastic” with the facts.  The political origin was not made known to the FISA judge according to Gowdy who has reviewed it all as he is the lawyer of the bunch.  This is what Nunes was told by Gowdy.  Are you claiming Gowdy is lying?

Let’s play devil’s advocate and pretend that Gowdy is lying, the warrant should not have been accepted as there were no witnesses to anything Steel or the Yahoo article purported that were shown to be credible enough to issue the warrant.  The FBI was playing fast and loose with the facts to get the warrant that was for CARTER PAGE to get the ball rolling to bug Trump Tower.  Papadopoulos did not enter into the equation at all at this time.

I wonder why you feel the need to cast aspersions on Nunes?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Nunes did not “get elastic” with the facts.  The political origin was not made known to the FISA judge according to Gowdy who has reviewed it all as he is the lawyer of the bunch.  This is what Nunes was told by Gowdy.  Are you claiming Gowdy is lying?

Let’s play devil’s advocate and pretend that Gowdy is lying, the warrant should not have been accepted as there were no witnesses to anything Steel or the Yahoo article purported that were shown to be credible enough to issue the warrant.  The FBI was playing fast and loose with the facts to get the warrant that was for CARTER PAGE to get the ball rolling to bug Trump Tower.  Papadopoulos did not enter into the equation at all at this time.

I wonder why you feel the need to cast aspersions on Nunes?

"Bad news" about Trump cheers him up.
I will NOT comply.

Offline anubias

"Bad news" about Trump cheers him up.

It is mind-boggling to me why any Conservative would want the FBI and DOJ to win on this.  Trump hatred should not extend to desiring the Alphabets to be completely corrupt and run by leftists.  If one’s hatred is so deep that one would rather have the country lose than Trump win on this, well... I just don’t know what to think or say about it.  I can’t comprehend such derangement.

Offline bolobaby

How quickly the left forgets that any contact with the Russians was basically all predicated on the fact they may have had info on HILLARY'S crimes... you know... her illegal email server, missing emails, and the destruction of devices before handing them over?

Yeah... that.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
How quickly the left forgets that any contact with the Russians was basically all predicated on the fact they may have had info on HILLARY'S crimes... you know... her illegal email server, missing emails, and the destruction of devices before handing them over?

Yeah... that.

The Russian money to the Clinton Foundation that occurred before the Uranium Sale.  Russians, Russians, Russians
Countdown to Resignation