Author Topic: Schiff 'very concerned' Trump might fire Rosenstein  (Read 9122 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Schiff 'very concerned' Trump might fire Rosenstein
« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2018, 12:32:27 am »
McCabe is gone.  Several others involved have lost their positions of influence.  Getting the facts out in the open may be all that is needed.  No "firings" required.  There is more than one way to bring pressure to bear.  Ultimately, the FBI can be influenced by the need to repair its reputation by cleaning house.  The memo seems like a good start.  Get it all out in the sunshine.

No firings required??  Who is going to bring pressure to those who have been caught up in the corruption when the majority of those involved are corrupt?  Rosenstein is the Deputy AG, the only person higher than him within the DOJ is Sessions.  Sessions has been absolutely silent on this!  Also, with the massive corruption, who is going to replace Rosenstein? 

The corruption in the FBI runs deep as well, so who is going to clean house and who are you going to replace all these people with?

This is the problem that I see ... we have a multitude of people within the DOJ and the FBI that need to be removed, but they also need to be replaced.  Who is going to replace them and with whom?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline anubias

« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2018, 02:48:55 am »
No firings required??  Who is going to bring pressure to those who have been caught up in the corruption when the majority of those involved are corrupt?  Rosenstein is the Deputy AG, the only person higher than him within the DOJ is Sessions.  Sessions has been absolutely silent on this!  Also, with the massive corruption, who is going to replace Rosenstein? 

The corruption in the FBI runs deep as well, so who is going to clean house and who are you going to replace all these people with?

This is the problem that I see ... we have a multitude of people within the DOJ and the FBI that need to be removed, but they also need to be replaced.  Who is going to replace them and with whom?

Sessions:

Congress has made inquiries concerning an issue of great importance for the country and concerns have been raised about the Department’s performance," he said. "I have great confidence in the men and women of this Department. But no Department is perfect."

Sessions said he would ensure the DOJ addresses the concerns raised in the memo, which accuses FBI and Justice Department officials of misusing their authority to obtain a secret surveillance warrant on Carter Page, a former Trump campaign adviser.

"Accordingly, I will forward to appropriate DOJ components all information I receive from Congress regarding this," he said. "I am determined that we will fully and fairly ascertain the truth.

"We work for the American people and are accountable to them and those they have elected. We will meet that responsibility."

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/372067-sessions-no-department-is-perfect

Yep.  Pretty much nothing.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2018, 05:17:07 am »

You're dealing with a hydra - chop one ugly head off - and several others will replace it.

Playing leadership musical chairs in an entirely corrupted institution turned into political weapons - cannot be 'fixed' or 'cleansed' by getting rid of a few career staffers and agency heads.

The rot and ugly infects the entire beast.  Putting bandaids on a cancer is not going to cure it.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2018, 07:08:16 am »
You're dealing with a hydra - chop one ugly head off - and several others will replace it.

Playing leadership musical chairs in an entirely corrupted institution turned into political weapons - cannot be 'fixed' or 'cleansed' by getting rid of a few career staffers and agency heads.

The rot and ugly infects the entire beast.  Putting bandaids on a cancer is not going to cure it.

You stupid fruit.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #79 on: February 04, 2018, 12:40:36 pm »

:amen:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2018, 01:23:12 pm »
Why are you pushing for such a fast judgement?  You know we've only seen the first drops in an eventual bucket, so why so quick to write everything off?

You know pressing for a verdict before the case has been fully presented is foolish and liable to lead to a legal disaster, so why are you doing it?

...because no one has ever successfully convinced @Oceander of anything.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Oceander

« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2018, 01:35:53 pm »
Why are you pushing for such a fast judgement?  You know we've only seen the first drops in an eventual bucket, so why so quick to write everything off?

You know pressing for a verdict before the case has been fully presented is foolish and liable to lead to a legal disaster, so why are you doing it? 

Don’t be so obtuse.  I’m not writing anything off other than delusional fantasy. 

You want to be taken seriously by the majority of Americans who aren’t following this except for what they read in the MSM?  Then stick to the facts, and abjure the sexual fantasies of seeing tons of democrats in orange jumpsuits. 

The facts as known right now do not justify any of the sexual fantasies being paraded around here. 

I prefer to stick to the facts and the absolute minimum of inference permitted by Occams Razor.  I’m sorry if my doing do takes the buzz off your sexual fantasies.

Oceander

« Reply #83 on: February 04, 2018, 01:36:43 pm »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #84 on: February 04, 2018, 01:43:19 pm »
Yeah, gawrsh.  Compared to this - prosecutors not telling everything they know to a judge to obtain a search warrant, the way most prosecutors conduct themselves on a daily basis - the corruption of a sitting president using the power of the office to affirmatively cover up a crime pales into insignificance.

@Oceander

Trump won. Get over it,princess.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #85 on: February 04, 2018, 01:46:31 pm »
Schiff represents a state that's more of a foreign country than a state in  America,and he truly does represent the scum that elected him.

So why does anyone care what that scum-sucking SOB wants?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 01:47:19 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Oceander

« Reply #86 on: February 04, 2018, 02:39:04 pm »
@Oceander

Trump won. Get over it,princess.

Did I say anything about Trump not winning snowflake?

No, I did not.  Why don’t you try surprising the forum just once by actually using the brains God gave you?  It’d be a refreshing, though much unexpected, change. 

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #87 on: February 04, 2018, 02:57:39 pm »
Don’t be so obtuse.  I’m not writing anything off other than delusional fantasy. 

You want to be taken seriously by the majority of Americans who aren’t following this except for what they read in the MSM?  Then stick to the facts, and abjure the sexual fantasies of seeing tons of democrats in orange jumpsuits. 

The facts as known right now do not justify any of the sexual fantasies being paraded around here. 

I prefer to stick to the facts and the absolute minimum of inference permitted by Occams Razor.  I’m sorry if my doing do takes the buzz off your sexual fantasies.

My "fantasies" do not confine themselves to democrats alone councilor!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

« Reply #88 on: February 04, 2018, 02:58:35 pm »
My "fantasies" do not confine themselves to democrats alone councilor!

So you’re a swinger.  Big deal.  They’re still delusional sexual fantasies. 

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #89 on: February 04, 2018, 02:59:28 pm »

So YOU say! 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #90 on: February 04, 2018, 03:26:12 pm »

I don't think I've been pushing dreams of politicians in jail (although I may hope for it, deep inside).  While I may have some hope of that, I am at heart a cynic, and believe crimes will be gotten away with, as they always have.  You must be thinking of somebody else.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Oceander

« Reply #91 on: February 04, 2018, 03:27:10 pm »
So YOU say! 

As objective fact says. 

Offline endicom

« Reply #92 on: February 04, 2018, 03:30:32 pm »

Sexual fantasies? Freud should be buried a bit deeper each year and you should question your own mind.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #93 on: February 04, 2018, 03:38:05 pm »

I missed that parade.  Everyone loves a parade.  Well....maybe not Anwar Sadat.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 03:48:49 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Oceander

« Reply #94 on: February 04, 2018, 03:39:10 pm »

Sexual fantasies? Freud should be buried a bit deeper each year and you should question your own mind.

/snicker

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #95 on: February 04, 2018, 04:19:15 pm »
LAUGH BREAK!

/snicker

Feel better?

/ Laugh Break
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #96 on: February 04, 2018, 04:40:25 pm »
I don't think Schiff is concerned that Trump might fire Rosenstein; I think he's trying to egg Trump on to fire him.

Oceander

« Reply #97 on: February 04, 2018, 04:41:27 pm »
I don't think Schiff is concerned that Trump might fire Rosenstein; I think he's trying to egg Trump on to fire him.

Possibly; in order to create the crisis he wants to exploit. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #98 on: February 04, 2018, 04:45:03 pm »

Of course.  Doesn't Adam Bomb make a perfect "concern troll?"  :laugh:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #99 on: February 04, 2018, 06:06:21 pm »

Exactly.