Author Topic: Schiff 'very concerned' Trump might fire Rosenstein  (Read 9143 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Schiff 'very concerned' Trump might fire Rosenstein
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2018, 06:08:49 pm »
Better ring up Nunes and Trump, and tell them they’ve missed the obvious.

Why are you pushing for such a fast judgement?  You know we've only seen the first drops in an eventual bucket, so why so quick to write everything off?

You know pressing for a verdict before the case has been fully presented is foolish and liable to lead to a legal disaster, so why are you doing it? 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Concerned

« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2018, 06:12:32 pm »
I think that there is more than sufficient evidence for grand juries to consider already!

Interference by administrative employees of Federal, State, or Territorial Governments - 18 USC 595

Whoever, being a person employed in any administrative position by the United States, or by any department or agency thereof, or by the District of Columbia or any agency or instrumentality thereof, or by any State, Territory, or Possession of the United States, or any political subdivision, municipality, or agency thereof, or agency of such political subdivision or municipality (including any corporation owned or controlled by any State, Territory, or Possession of the United States or by any such political subdivision, municipality, or agency), in connection with any activity which is financed in whole or in part by loans or grants made by the United States, or any department or agency thereof, uses his official authority for the purpose of interfering with, or affecting, the nomination or the election of any candidate for the office of President, Vice President, Presidential elector, Member of the Senate, Member of the House of Representatives, Delegate from the District of Columbia, or Resident Commissioner, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.

Without seeing the underlying intelligence and the FISA application itself, I don't see how any objective person could possibly definitively come to that conclusion.  Perhaps it's true but without seeing the FISA application and the underlying intelligence, we're just seeing the bits and pieces that a partisan wants us to see.  That's exactly why I think we need a full-scale classified investigation to review all the evidence, hear from all the witnesses, and then prosecute if appropriate.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2018, 06:20:30 pm »
Yeah, gawrsh.  Compared to this - prosecutors not telling everything they know to a judge to obtain a search warrant, the way most prosecutors conduct themselves on a daily basis - the corruption of a sitting president using the power of the office to affirmatively cover up a crime pales into insignificance.

Sorry, judge, but that post doesn't meet the 'sense' test.

Get over your bitterness about prosecutors in criminal cases long enough to realize that this is a case that has the possibility of deeply affecting our country.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2018, 06:26:14 pm »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2018, 06:26:51 pm »
Gregg Jarrett‏Verified account
@GreggJarrett 

A 2nd source has now confirmed to me that, in a meeting on January 10, Deputy A-G Rosenstein used the power of his office to threaten to subpoena the calls & texts of the Intel Committee to get it to stop it’s investigation of DOJ and FBI.  Likely an Abuse of Power & Obstruction.

8:21 AM - 3 Feb 2018

https://twitter.com/GreggJarrett/status/959824077115576321

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2018, 06:29:26 pm »
Rosenstein should be fired today!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2018, 06:32:05 pm »
Sorry, judge, but that post doesn't meet the 'sense' test.

Get over your bitterness about prosecutors in criminal cases long enough to realize that this is a case that has the possibility of deeply affecting our country.

Of course it does, and I wish people would focus on the crux of what’s been shown: that the DOJ and FBI have been thoroughly politicized by the democrats and get over the delusional fantasies of treason and marching their political enemies into jail. 

This could be used to discredit the democrats, unless it’s oversold as what it’s not.  If that happens, then it becomes a case of the little boy who cried wolf, and you lose your audience.

And as far as the memo goes, it’s bad enough, but it is not itself as bad as Watergate was.  If there’s more to it, let it come out - declassify the documents this memo was built on - but getting off prematurely on fantasies of sending loads of people to prison on the strength of this memo will just waste that opportunity. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2018, 06:37:29 pm »
Of course it does, and I wish people would focus on the crux of what’s been shown: that the DOJ and FBI have been thoroughly politicized by the democrats and get over the delusional fantasies of treason and marching their political enemies into jail. 

This could be used to discredit the democrats, unless it’s oversold as what it’s not.  If that happens, then it becomes a case of the little boy who cried wolf, and you lose your audience.

And as far as the memo goes, it’s bad enough, but it is not itself as bad as Watergate was.  If there’s more to it, let it come out - declassify the documents this memo was built on - but getting off prematurely on fantasies of sending loads of people to prison on the strength of this memo will just waste that opportunity.

The most sensible thing I've seen all day, and I say that sincerely with no sarcasm intended.  Thanks!   :beer:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2018, 07:51:26 pm »

Good post but you may be forgetting how long it took Watergate to come out.  And Watergate was kinda penny ante compared to what this may entail.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2018, 08:42:51 pm »
Without seeing the underlying intelligence and the FISA application itself, I don't see how any objective person could possibly definitively come to that conclusion.  Perhaps it's true but without seeing the FISA application and the underlying intelligence, we're just seeing the bits and pieces that a partisan wants us to see.  That's exactly why I think we need a full-scale classified investigation to review all the evidence, hear from all the witnesses, and then prosecute if appropriate.

So you are not of the opinion that Obama/Clinton/Democrats weaponized the FISA court to go after political targets the same way they did with the IRS?

If not - I'd say you are far too trusting.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Oceander

« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2018, 08:47:56 pm »
Good post but you may be forgetting how long it took Watergate to come out.  And Watergate was kinda penny ante compared to what this may entail.

And it may not be.  But why not wait for the facts to develop rather than rushing to judgment?  Particularly since the rush to judgment now will be used by the democrats to weaken all further evidence as just another part of the politically motivated witch-hunt. 

There’s a reason why the boy who cried wolf got et, even though he ended up being right about the wolf in the long run. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2018, 08:50:38 pm »
And it may not be.  But why not wait for the facts to develop rather than rushing to judgment?  Particularly since the rush to judgment now will be used by the democrats to weaken all further evidence as just another part of the politically motivated witch-hunt. 

There’s a reason why the boy who cried wolf got et, even though he ended up being right about the wolf in the long run.

We have no real choice but to wait but in the age of TBR, twitter, etc. there is no stopping rampant speculation and I don't see any real harm in that.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2018, 09:02:19 pm »

That is my opinion as well.  This is Fort Sumter, there's a long way to go in this war.  I'm not going to jump into the "I'm ready for orange jumpsuits" side, but I'm also not going to disparage others who do feel that way.  There's a lot of pent-up anger from watching two Presidents over 16 years getting away with murder.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 09:03:01 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Oceander

« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2018, 09:03:57 pm »
That is my opinion as well.  This is Fort Sumter, there's a long way to go in this war.  I'm not going to jump into the "I'm ready for orange jumpsuits" side, but I'm also not going to disparage others who do feel that way.  There's a lot of pent-up anger from watching two Presidents over 16 years getting away with murder.

There’s lot of pent up anger thinking two former Presidents got away with murder.  What’s lacking is sufficient evidence.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2018, 09:11:16 pm »
There’s lot of pent up anger thinking two former Presidents got away with murder.  What’s lacking is sufficient evidence.

Agreed, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  It could mean that nobody in authority has had the will to uncover the evidence, which explains a lot of that anger.  The question is, how do we motivate the people who have that authority to get off their butts and do the job?  Prove or disprove, but stop the ignoring.

It's looking like there's an IG who really is looking at stuff, but he's playing it close to the vest to keep a handle on the PR aspect of things.  The memo seems to be a way of telling us without actually telling us and tipping his hand.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 09:12:20 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline DB

« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2018, 09:13:21 pm »
So you are not of the opinion that Obama/Clinton/Democrats weaponized the FISA court to go after political targets the same way they did with the IRS?

I wonder how George Papdopoulos became part of the Trump campaign. He was the "Russian" connection seed that provided the opening for DOJ to serveil the Trump campaign under the guise of national security. Was it pure coincident or something else. If something else the plan was deeper than currently known.

Oceander

« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2018, 09:17:11 pm »
Agreed, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  It could mean that nobody in authority has had the will to uncover the evidence, which explains a lot of that anger.  The question is, how do we motivate the people who have that authority to get off their butts and do the job?  Prove or disprove, but stop the ignoring.

It's looking like there's an IG who really is looking at stuff, but he's playing it close to the vest to keep a handle on the PR aspect of things.  The memo seems to be a way of telling us without actually telling us and tipping his hand.

And sometimes it’s not found because it’s not there.  Usually, Occam’s razor is the better bet.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2018, 09:17:15 pm »

I'm not ready to "convict" Obama and Clinton of any crime just yet relative to the FISA court situation.  I'd really like to see the totality of the FISA applications and to hear from witnesses (e.g., McCabe, Yates, Boente, and Rosenstein) before I do.

If you think I'm "far too trusting", you're certainly entitled to that opinion.  Given that I'm simply reserving judgment for now, labeling me "far too trusting" seems premature to me (but that's just MY opinion).
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Oceander

« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2018, 09:17:55 pm »
I'm not ready to "convict" Obama and Clinton of any crime just yet relative to the FISA court situation.  I'd really like to see the totality of the FISA applications and to hear from witnesses (e.g., McCabe, Yates, Boente, and Rosenstein) before I do.

If you think I'm "far too trusting", you're certainly entitled to that opinion.  Given that I'm simply reserving judgment for now, labeling me "far too trusting" seems premature to me (but that's just MY opinion).

A voice of reason. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2018, 09:22:16 pm »
And sometimes it’s not found because it’s not there.  Usually, Occam’s razor is the better bet.

I'm far too cynical to be that trusting.
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2018, 09:25:31 pm »
I wonder how George Papdopoulos became part of the Trump campaign. He was the "Russian" connection seed that provided the opening for DOJ to serveil the Trump campaign under the guise of national security. Was it pure coincident or something else. If something else the plan was deeper than currently known.

It’s a little more boring than that - insider establishment cronyism.  Papadopoulos was formerly with the Carson campaign in the primary.  Sam Clovis, another party insider who previously worked with Santorum, recruited him for the Trump foreign policy advisory team.  It boils down to a bunch of incestuous party associations.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline anubias

« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2018, 09:29:16 pm »
These pathologically lying lib types are always so very “concerned.” They never tire of using that term. 

Schit needs to put up something other than BS or shut up.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2018, 09:33:33 pm »
I'm far too cynical to be that trusting.

Likewise.

I've learned to be just watching the graft, corruption and crap that has been going on at Mordor on the Potomac.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2018, 09:42:18 pm »

@DB

How?  Because there's a relatively small number of people involved with campaigns.  They all know each other and they don't burn bridges except with the other party, sometimes.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2018, 10:39:16 pm »
McCabe is gone.  Several others involved have lost their positions of influence.  Getting the facts out in the open may be all that is needed.  No "firings" required.  There is more than one way to bring pressure to bear.  Ultimately, the FBI can be influenced by the need to repair its reputation by cleaning house.  The memo seems like a good start.  Get it all out in the sunshine.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.