Author Topic: Schiff 'very concerned' Trump might fire Rosenstein  (Read 9166 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Schiff 'very concerned' Trump might fire Rosenstein
« on: February 03, 2018, 12:53:56 pm »
Schiff 'very concerned' Trump might fire Rosenstein
CNN, Feb 2, 2018, Sophie Tatum

A top Democratic congressman said Friday he is "very concerned" about the possibility that President Donald Trump will fire Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein in the wake of a controversial memo alleging FBI abuses of its surveillance authority.

"I'm very concerned about it," Rep. Adam Schiff, D-California, said Friday on CNN's "The Situation Room." "There's no telling what this President is capable of."

<snip>

"The reason it might be better to fire the boss is Rod Rosenstein sets the investigation," the California Democrat said. "If he can find his own person, a yes man, and he can tell Bob Mueller, 'You can't look into money laundering, you can't look into this or that,' that would be a serious way, a surreptitious way to limit this investigation."

Schiff added that if that were to occur, he would "look at it as just as much of an obstruction of justice."

More: https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/02/politics/adam-schiff-donald-trump-rod-rosenstein/index.html

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Schiff 'very concerned' Trump might fire Rosenstein
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 01:02:40 pm »
White House official: 'No discussions or consideration' to fire Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein

A White House official on Friday told CNBC there were no talks about possibly firing Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.

"There are no discussions or consideration of firing Rod Rosenstein," the official said, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/02/white-house-official-no-discussions-or-consideration-to-fire-rosenstein.html

CNBC isn't exactly Trump friendly.  If they were going to run a phony story with unnamed sources, it'd be more likely it would read, "He's going to can that SOB."
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 01:05:37 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 01:07:09 pm »
I'm thinking/hoping that this is a bad sign. I have seen so many times when an official will say, 'No. No way XYZ will be fired. We have no plans to do that.' And then a few weeks later, XYZ is gone. It happens all the time.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 01:13:18 pm »
How about instead of firing Rosenstein, he's indicted?   :pondering:

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2018, 01:23:00 pm »
I just heard a very good question ... how can Rosenstein remain the supervisor of an investigation he is now a witness to?

Not advocating termination, but removal from overseeing the Special Counsel due to this conflict of interest.

Wonder if Schiff would be very concerned about this, too. 

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2018, 01:53:06 pm »
I just heard a very good question ... how can Rosenstein remain the supervisor of an investigation he is now a witness to?

Not advocating termination, but removal from overseeing the Special Counsel due to this conflict of interest.

@Right_in_Virginia

Nah. I wouldn't pay too much attention to press releases especially now, just after the memo release. It is all political jockeying around, playing it safe. They don't want to give their enemies any ammunition.

A week, or month from now, we will know what is really going on. Now is not the time for any distractions. The Left is looking for any little tiny thing that they can blow up into a "crisis" to get the memo out of the news.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2018, 01:56:27 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Nah. I wouldn't pay too much attention to press releases especially now, just after the memo release. It is all political jockeying around, playing it safe. They don't want to give their enemies any ammunition.

A week, or month from now, we will know what is really going on. Now is not the time for any distractions. The Left is looking for any little tiny thing that they can blow up into a "crisis" to get the memo out of the news.

Makes sense @240B  .... but at some point I'd still like to know how someone who is a witness in the investigation can also supervise the investigation.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2018, 02:13:59 pm »
Makes sense @240B  .... but at some point I'd still like to know how someone who is a witness in the investigation can also supervise the investigation.

Obviously he can't. But I think the Trump admin is waiting for a judge or Congress to make that call. They don't want to take the heat. It will all wash out. At this point, it is just a matter of time.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2018, 03:06:25 pm »

@Right_in_Virginia

Rosenstein is more than just a witness!  He is a subject of the investigation!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 03:06:46 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2018, 03:07:30 pm »

For what?  Not being sufficiently worshipful of Lord Trump?

Offline Concerned

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2018, 03:19:44 pm »
I think the President and his staunchest allies in Congress (e.g., Nunes) are desperate to discredit and/or shut down the Mueller investigation.  I’ve thought for some time that the easiest way to do that was to fire Trump-nominee Rosenstein and replace him with a true Trump-lackey who will simply ignore Federal Regulations and fire Mueller regardless of misconduct/good cause.   I hope I’m wrong.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2018, 03:22:24 pm »
I think the President and his staunchest allies in Congress (e.g., Nunes) are desperate to discredit and/or shut down the Mueller investigation.  I’ve thought for some time that the easiest way to do that was to fire Trump-nominee Rosenstein and replace him with a true Trump-lackey who will simply ignore Federal Regulations and fire Mueller regardless of misconduct/good cause.   I hope I’m wrong.

The Mueller investigation must be shut down because it was predicated on a false narrative to begin with!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2018, 03:36:07 pm »
For what?  Not being sufficiently worshipful of Lord Trump?

@Oceander I do realize that you have a really bad case of TDS. I get that, and I sympathize. But this constant refrain of yours in referring to Trump as the the Messiah, and Trump supporters as "worshippers," well, it is kind of worn out. We get it. Got it! We know how you feel.

Obviously, you know what you are saying is not true. And you know you are saying these thing 'with intent' to insult anyone who supports our current President. This impacts people's perception of your intelligence.

So I'm just asking man, get real, and stop being so childish. It is becoming very annoying and it most certainly detracts from any points you may be trying to make, and makes you look foolish.

You are better than that. You can make the same points on an adult level. You don't have to resort to childishness.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2018, 03:39:46 pm »
The Mueller investigation must be shut down because it was predicated on a false narrative to begin with!

That's obviously your opinion but not everyone agrees with it.  I actually agree with Trey Gowdy’s tweet from yesterday:

Trey Gowdy‏Verified account
@TGowdySC
As I have said repeatedly, I also remain 100 percent confident in Special Counsel Robert Mueller. The contents of this memo do not - in any way - discredit his investigation.

I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Oceander

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2018, 03:50:52 pm »

@Oceander I do realize that you have a really bad case of TDS. I get that, and I sympathize. But this constant refrain of yours in referring to Trump as the the Messiah, and Trump supporters as "worshippers," well, it is kind of worn out. We get it. Got it! We know how you feel.

Obviously, you know what you are saying is not true. And you know you are saying these thing 'with intent' to insult anyone who supports our current President. This impacts people's perception of your intelligence.

So I'm just asking man, get real, and stop being so childish. It is becoming very annoying and it most certainly detracts from any points you may be trying to make, and makes you look foolish.

You are better than that. You can make the same points on an adult level. You don't have to resort to childishness.

/snicker

You don’t get a damned thing.  You like to think that I’m some rabid anti-Trumper because it fits your paranoid mindset, but I’m not, as you’d know if you paid more attention to what I write and less attention to what your paranoia makes you think I’m writing. 

What you also don’t get is that the noxious Trump worship is a real thing and befouls a lot of what gets posted here. 

In fact, one of the biggest negatives I have with Trump is the hardcore cult of personality that developed around him, and which excuses his every flaw as eleventy-something dimensional chess.

So, since were handing out personal advice here: why don’t you STFU about what my “problems” are until you actually comprehend what I post and what my positions are. 

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2018, 04:00:39 pm »
/snicker

You don’t get a damned thing.  You like to think that I’m some rabid anti-Trumper because it fits your paranoid mindset, but I’m not, as you’d know if you paid more attention to what I write and less attention to what your paranoia makes you think I’m writing. 

What you also don’t get is that the noxious Trump worship is a real thing and befouls a lot of what gets posted here. 

In fact, one of the biggest negatives I have with Trump is the hardcore cult of personality that developed around him, and which excuses his every flaw as eleventy-something dimensional chess.

So, since were handing out personal advice here: why don’t you STFU about what my “problems” are until you actually comprehend what I post and what my positions are.

Ok buddy. I was wrong in everything I posted. Obviously, you are not better than that. I thought you were just screwing around. The idea that you actually believe that stuff you post, is freakin scary.

Nevermind. I had no idea you were serious. To each his own.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2018, 04:03:05 pm »
That's obviously your opinion but not everyone agrees with it.  I actually agree with Trey Gowdy’s tweet from yesterday:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/fruit_of_the_poisonous_tree

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2018, 04:03:28 pm »

Ok buddy. I was wrong in everything I posted. Obviously, you are not better than that. I thought you were just screwing around. The idea that you actually believe that stuff you post, is freakin scary.

Scary is your worship of Trump, another human being, and the frightening historical antecedents that go with that sort of worship. 

Offline jpsb

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2018, 04:04:47 pm »

Yup, that is a much better plan. You can be sure Rosenstein will be called back to Congress to
explain why he signed off on using a fraudulent document to obtain a FISA warrant. We need
a special counsel looking into this.

Online libertybele

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2018, 04:04:56 pm »

Your are correct; that's been the problem.  Rosenstein should have never had the authority to investigate himself, but keep in mind Sessions allowed that to happen and even said as much publicly months ago.  I find it odd that Sessions would recuse himself from the Russian investigation due to a conflict of interest, yet allowed Rosenstein to partake in an investigation to whom he was party to.  That's a conflict of interest, yet Sessions allowed it to take place.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2018, 04:08:26 pm »
Yup, that is a much better plan. You can be sure Rosenstein will be called back to Congress to
explain why he signed off on using a fraudulent document to obtain a FISA warrant. We need
a special counsel looking into this.

I agree; except the special counsel seems to have connections to what or who is being investigated.  We haven't seen a special counsel that has been impartial or not involved in what's being investigated.  I'm not sure that with the corruption within the DOJ and the FBI that can be accomplished right now. We can't have the same people involved in the corruption investigating themselves and that's exactly what's been happening.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2018, 04:09:56 pm »

I am having a hard time understanding Trey Gowdy, he seems to want to have it both ways.
I like him but come on man make up your mind.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2018, 04:15:40 pm »

Do what I do, don't engage him, it is a waste of time, his hate of all things Trump has blinded
him to any view that does not share his hate of Trump. FYI He is not the only one here that
is nothing but hate for Trump.

Curtisey ping @Oceander

Oceander

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2018, 04:16:58 pm »
Do what I do, don't engage him, it is a waste of time, his hate of all things Trump has blinded
him to any view that does not share his hate of Trump. FYI He is not the only one here that
is nothing but hate for Trump.

Curtisey ping @Oceander

Somebody else who prefers his own paranoia to reality. 

Oh well, what can you do?  You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink. 

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2018, 04:20:58 pm »
That's a conflict of interest, yet Sessions allowed it to take place.

nfl video GIF

I believe Sessions has had a bed built under his desk like George Costanza so he can sleep all day.
Sessions doesn't seem to know anything about anything. And he seems to have no opinion, on anything, at all.
Except pot and MS13.