Author Topic: Parents Of MS-13 Victim At SOTU: "I Have No Words" For MSNBC's Joy Reid  (Read 323 times)

Offline Suppressed

Parents Of MS-13 Victim At SOTU: "I Have No Words" For MSNBC's Joy Reid
Posted By Ian Schwartz
On Date February 1, 2018
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/02/01/parents_of_ms-13_victim_at_sotu_i_have_no_words_for_msnbcs_joy_reid.html

! No longer available

[...]

Elizabeth Alvarado, the mother, responded to MSNBC's Joy Reid for dismissing the Hispanic gang and downplaying them as something only heard about on FOX News.

Reid's comments referred to Trump's mention of the gang in the State of the Union -- the part of the address where he acknowledged the family. Another pair of parents who also had a child that fell victim to MS-13, Evelyn Rodriguez and Freddy Cuevas, were in attendance and received recognition.

"He gives a speech tonight, in which he makes it sound like the biggest issue in the United States, the biggest threat is MS-13, a gang nobody that doesn't watch Fox News has ever heard of. So he makes it sound like they're the biggest threat," the MSNBCer said.

[...]

Alvarado said she has "no words" for Joy Reid.

"I have no words," Alvarado said. "I mean, these are gang members that just, you know, decided to be a judge and a jury to take my daughter out like that. It's unacceptable. I don't want it to happen to anybody else's family. But, something needs to be done. And I won't stop doing what I'm doing until everything turns out right. I can only hope and pray that whoever is in or any gang members, please, stop the violence. It's enough. How much more blood do we have to shed? Stop."

Alvarado also spoke about meeting with Trump prior to the State of the Union. She praised Trump as "very genuine" and a "very nice president."

Mickens reacted to black Democrats refusing to stand when Trump mentioned the murder of his daughter.

[...]
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 10:07:47 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Parents Of MS-13 Victim At SOTU: "I Have No Words" For MSNBC's Joy Reid
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 10:05:04 pm »
@Suppressed Is there a link to the story?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 10:08:08 pm »
@Suppressed Is there a link to the story?

@Cyber Liberty
Fixed it.  Sorry about that, and thanks for the heads-up!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 10:54:48 pm »
@Cyber Liberty
Fixed it.  Sorry about that, and thanks for the heads-up!

TY, gonna go read it now....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: