Author Topic: Ruth Bader Ginsburg's great fear: Courts viewed as partisan  (Read 1432 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Ruth Bader Ginsburg's great fear: Courts viewed as partisan
« on: February 01, 2018, 03:16:58 am »
 One of Ruth Bader Ginsburg's great fears is that the federal judiciary will start to be seen as just another political branch of government divided along partisan lines like Congress, the U.S. Supreme Court justice said Tuesday.

Ginsburg skipped President Donald Trump's first State of the Union address, instead speaking at Roger Williams University School of Law in Rhode Island.

She did not discuss the Republican president, but bemoaned the partisan atmosphere in Washington, in particular the divisive process for confirming judges. She pointed to fights over the last four justices appointed to the court: Samuel Alito, Sonia Sotomayor, Elena Kagan and Neil Gorsuch.

"Four fine justices who should have gotten overwhelming support but got many negative votes," she said. "I think it will take great leaders on both sides of the aisle to say 'Let's stop this nonsense and start working for our country the way we should.'"

Continued - http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/ginsburg-skip-state-union-speak-rhode-island-52697509

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Ruth Bader Ginsburg's great fear: Courts viewed as partisan
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 04:40:14 am »
One of Ruth Bader Ginsburg's great fears is that the federal judiciary will start to be seen as just another political branch of government divided along partisan lines like Congress, the U.S. Supreme Court justice said Tuesday.

DUH.  5-4 decisions along party lines?

But better yet Ruthie - most of us see the federal judiciary as ACTIVIST in implementing laws that they have no Constitutional Authority to implement and striking down the will of the people or the legislatures because they contradict Leftist dogma - and that includes YOUR bench too toots.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 04:42:16 am »
This rotten old dottering bitch is the most partisan hack on the bench. She give divisive and idiotic speeches to Communists on a regular basis.

Offline anubias

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 04:45:27 am »
This rotten old dottering bitch is the most partisan hack on the bench. She give divisive and idiotic speeches to Communists on a regular basis.

This ^^^^

She has a lot of nerve!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 04:50:24 am »
RBG is part of the old, old school communists. She was already 24 in 1960 when all that communist adoration in America really started up in earnest, especially in the Jewish community. She was there. And, she was an adult at the outset.

I think it is deep seeded in her. And even though Russia is supposedly the bad guy now by the Left, I think that attitude is so ingrained in her, especially at her age, she cannot get over it.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 05:44:41 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 01:21:53 pm »
...seems to me she should practice what she preaches.  If she didn't want to appear 'partisan' she might have reconsidered her thinking on not showing up to the STOU.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2018, 01:39:44 pm »
...seems to me she should practice what she preaches.  If she didn't want to appear 'partisan' she might have reconsidered her thinking on not showing up to the STOU.

Agreed.  Not showing up at the SOTU was an act of partisan disrespect.   Physician, heal thyself!   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2018, 01:40:37 pm »
I always figured her biggest fear was getting tagged and put on an ostrich farm.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 01:48:53 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2018, 01:42:50 pm »
I would think that her biggest fear at this age would be falling asleep and not waking up! 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2018, 09:47:41 pm »
I always figured her biggest fear was getting tagged and put on an ostrich farm.

That's an insult to Ostriches everywhere, not only does Ginsburg have a bigger beak, she also looks far less intelligent. Also while Ostriches have been falsely accused of hiding their heads in the sand, there is no disputing that Ginsburg regularly has her head up her

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2018, 09:56:35 pm »
 :silly:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2018, 10:12:20 pm »
Leftist wackos always believe they have the most reasonable minds on the planet.

And its off to re-education camps for anyone who disagrees.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2018, 10:51:26 pm »
I'd like to extend an olive branch to Justice Ginsberg and meet her halfway.  I agree completely that Justice Alito, and Justice Gorsuch are fine justices who should have gotten overwhelming support but got many negative votes.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2018, 12:27:09 am »
Leftist wackos always believe they have the most reasonable minds on the planet.

'Ain't that the truth.

That goes for Leftists pretending to be Conservatives as well.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Fantom

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2018, 12:37:31 am »

Such is why I call them Nutzi's.  Fascist mental cases. At least one could reason with a Nazi.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2018, 12:38:27 am »
I'd like to extend an olive branch to Justice Ginsberg and meet her halfway.  I agree completely that Justice Alito, and Justice Gorsuch are fine justices who should have gotten overwhelming support but got many negative votes.

Heh, well played Sir.  888high58888
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2018, 12:42:42 am »
Heh, well played Sir.  888high58888

Don't encourage him.  He is a player. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Fantom

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2018, 12:55:37 am »
Don't encourage him.  He is a player.

Are not we all? Each a player, each a fool. Instruments all, in the Pit.

Some instruments are easier to sound from their lowest note to highest highest note is all. Would that were it no so, I be a cad not to approve an instrument finally in tune.  :laugh:

Frederick Douglass

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2018, 01:00:29 am »
Are not we all? Each a player, each a fool. Instruments all, in the Pit.

Some instruments are easier to sound from their lowest note to highest highest note is all. Would that were it no so, I be a cad not to approve an instrument finally in tune.  :laugh:

Can you tune a Fish?
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Fantom

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2018, 01:10:06 am »
Can you tune a Fish?

No, but I used to sell an electric fish cooker. It had two little forks you placed into the fish at each end, and it cooked it by the electricity passing betwixt.

Alas it never caught on. I blame the marketing slogan... These are the Tines which Fry Men's Soul.

They did a lot better with a larger version, a chair sold to various States and the Fed..... they didn't even have to change their slogan ....much.  :smokin:

Frederick Douglass

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2018, 01:17:50 am »
No, but I used to sell an electric fish cooker. It had two little forks you placed into the fish at each end, and it cooked it by the electricity passing betwixt.

Alas it never caught on. I blame the marketing slogan... These are the Tines which Fry Men's Soul.

They did a lot better with a larger version, a chair sold to various States and the Fed..... they didn't even have to change their slogan ....much.  :smokin:

They just changed it to "sole", right?
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2018, 01:19:23 am »
I hope y'all aren't going to trash my RBG thread.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2018, 01:22:41 am »
They just changed it to "sole", right?

Heh...... leave it to a shark to know how a fish is smelt.   :beer:

Frederick Douglass

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2018, 02:14:03 am »
'Ain't that the truth.

That goes for Leftists pretending to be Conservatives as well.

And bigots pretending to be Christians.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2018, 02:24:02 am »
And bigots pretending to be Christians.

You noticed that 'Bout obama too? And most lieberals as well.

Frederick Douglass