Author Topic: Owner of Penzey's Spices goes on insane rant against Republicans (my title - posted on Facebook)  (Read 5559 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
No more Penzey's in this house either.

Can't see "Bill" dying of natural causes if he keeps up with this crap!    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Don't know it but now do not want to
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Updated Woke Alert Business Buzz

Penzey’s Spices learns the hard way… Loses 40,000 customers…
Spice Company Who Called Republicans Racist Loses Massive Number of Customers

Penzey’s Spices, the Milwaukee company that held “Republicans are Racist” sale on Martin Luther King Weekend, is now dealing with a massive loss of customers and is begging for new business.

“After starting the year with Republicans are Racists we’ve set a nice little Boycott Penzeys! surge in motion,” Penzey’s CEO Bill Penzey said in an email to customers Friday. “It certainly wasn’t unexpected, but if it’s within your means, you picking up a small stack of Gift Cards would help.”

Penzey admitted that the “Republicans are Racists” email cost his business 40,000 subscribers, roughly three percent of the total. As a result, Penzey’s is offering a gift card sale “with the hope this might make it a bit easier for you to share some and possibly get a few good new customers to replace the ones we’ve lost.”

While Penzey claims that news coverage of his anti-Republican rant brought in 30,000 new email subscribers, he adds that “we are still down about 10,000. Please help.” His email then takes on a desperate tone, all but begging liberals to sign up for his email list as a way of virtue-signaling.

“If you can’t even begin to fathom how to ‘compromise’ with January 6th, or the Republican vaccine lies needlessly killing 10,000 Americans every week, if you have no desire to become half-way racist, and if their intent to destroy our climate for one thousand years to come doesn’t have you asking: ‘What if we just destroyed it for five-hundred years instead?’ we would be better off with you on this Voice Of Cooking email list,” he wrote.

Two weeks ago, Penzey wrote in a shocking email that Republicans are so racist that they fantasize about killing African Americans. “Remember how Republicans, going against a mountain of evidence to the contrary, once again lied and said BLM wasn’t a peaceful movement but instead terrorists inciting violence throughout the country and then raced out to buy a crapload of guns because maybe they were finally going to get their chance to shoot a Black person?” he said in his email to customers. “What a bunch of racists.”

Amid the firestorm over his that screed, Penzey bragged to the Daily Mail that we has not worried about a potential loss of customers because so many new ones would start buying his spices.

https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/penzeys-spices-learns-their-lesson-loses-40000-customers/

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Get "woke", go broke!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Burger King also decides that political commentary is a good way to sell product, bashing the FCC's recent net neutrality ruling.  Uh, no. I no more need their sandwiches than I do Penzey's spices or Scott's vests.

Edit to add: I see @Suppressed has posted a thread on Burger King.

BK has had some of the creepiest ads on TV in the past 20 years.  I don't know who does their marketing, but their stupidity has had to cost them countless millions over the years
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

BK has had some of the creepiest ads on TV in the past 20 years.  I don't know who does their marketing, but their stupidity has had to cost them countless millions over the years
We don't have a local BK, and the only one I ever stopped at served the worst burger I have had from a fast food place.

I don't stop there.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EdinVA

Spice company that called Republicans racist begs for gift card purchases after losing customers
The spice company has reportedly lost more than 40,000 subscribers after the CEO's politically charged email

A Wisconsin-based spice company that made headlines earlier this month when its CEO sent an email to customers accusing Republicans of racism is now asking people to buy gift cards after hemorrhaging tens of thousands of customers.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/spice-company-that-called-republicans-racist-begs-for-gift-card-purchases-after-losing-customers

Offline Killer Clouds

Good. I hope they go out of business.

Offline Smokin Joe

Well, they shat in their mess kit.

Now, it's chow time.

What is the best seasoning for crow?

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
I hope your company dies, you woke bastards......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline dancer

They never learn, do they.  Get woke, go broke.

They never learn, do they.  Get woke, go broke.
Anyone heard from the Dixie chicks lately?

Offline Kamaji

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
January 31, 2022
Spice company learns the hard way about the wisdom of going 'woke'
By Monica Showalter

Well, it turns out things haven't gone so good for wokester company, Penzey's Spices, which ran a 'Republicans are racist' campaign for .. I am not sure what purpose, it wasn't business.

According to Fox News:

A Wisconsin-based spice company that made headlines earlier this month when its CEO sent an email to customers accusing Republicans of racism is now asking people to buy gift cards after hemorrhaging tens of thousands of customers.

Earlier this month, Penzeys Spices CEO Bill Penzey renamed the extended Martin Luther King, Jr. Day weekend to be "Republicans are racist weekend" in a newsletter to customers. In the letter, he said his aim was to anger Republicans in honor of the late civil rights icon.

"Remember how Republicans, going against a mountain of evidence to the contrary, once again lied and said BLM wasn’t a peaceful movement but instead terrorists inciting violence throughout the country and then raced out to buy a crapload of guns because maybe they were finally going to get their chance to shoot a Black person? What a bunch of racists," the email said.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/01/spice_company_learns_the_hard_way_about_the_wisdom_of_going_woke.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline Kamaji

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

Yeah, I know; I walked into that one!  Them I remember.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

So it appears that our "boycotts" have an impact.... trouble is getting to the point how to keep track of all the companies....

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Why am I always the last person to find out that I'm racist?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So it appears that our "boycotts" have an impact.... trouble is getting to the point how to keep track of all the companies....

My guess is it pissed off a lot of liberals,  too.  People with conservative relatives they love.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Updated Woke Alert Business Buzz

Penzey’s Spices learns the hard way… Loses 40,000 customers…
Spice Company Who Called Republicans Racist Loses Massive Number of Customers.

“If you can’t even begin to fathom how to ‘compromise’ with January 6th, orif the Republican vaccine lies needlessly killing 10,000 Americans every week,if  you have no desire to become half-way racist, and if their intent to destroy our climate for one thousand years to come doesn’t have you asking: ‘What if we just destroyed it for five-hundred years instead?’

@IsailedawayfromFR

This guy is certifiably batshit crazy.

He obviously inherited the business,and the more he speaks or tweets,the closer he is going to come to losing it. Either the board will kick his ass off,or the doors will close.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@catfish1957

I am glad to see that I am not the only one creeped out by that huge Burger King dude/dudette . Gives off a more than faint whiff of child molester to me,despite the fact I can't put my finger on a single thing to that would prove it.

Doesn't matter. If he creeps me out,he creeps me out.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!