Author Topic: Owner of Penzey's Spices goes on insane rant against Republicans (my title - posted on Facebook)  (Read 5530 times)

Offline LottieDah

Tough ta-tas.  You reap what you sow.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

This has been "cooking" for awhile, and losing business will not deter the owner.  He is a true believer and could care less.

Penzeys Spices tops billionaire Tom Steyer in spending on Facebook impeachment ads
By Mike Brest
October 10, 2019 - 1:26 PM
America's largest independent spice retailer spent more on Facebook ads advocating for impeaching President Trump than any of the other 2020 presidential candidates including Tom Steyer.

Penzeys Spices, a Wisconsin-based company, spent $92,000 on pro-impeachment ads from Sept. 29-Oct. 5, according to an Axios analysis. Steyer, who has openly been calling for impeachment since he founded Need To Impeach in Oct. 2017, spent $86,000 on ads during the same time period.

"We believe that cooking at its heart is about caring for people. Because Facebook has decided that caring about people falls into what they categorize as 'values' they label our ads as 'political,'" owner Bill Penzey told Fox Business Wednesday.

"The reason we spent so much is that this ad has worked better than any ad we've placed before ... This president, and the media that is supporting him, are really-really unpopular right now," he continued. Penzey first called for the president's impeachment back in early 2018.

Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren spent the second most for a Democratic campaign on impeachment related ads behind Steyer with only $20,000.

The only campaign to spend more than Penzeys Spices was the Trump campaign which spent $718,000 on Facebook ads related to impeachment.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/tag/donald-trump?source=%2Fnews%2Fpenzeys-spices-tops-billionaire-tom-steyer-in-spending-on-facebook-impeachment-ads
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
We don't have a local BK, and the only one I ever stopped at served the worst burger I have had from a fast food place.

I don't stop there.
I think the last time I bought anything from BK I was in high school, so 50 years, and what I got was called the All American Burger which was just meat and a bun. Their commercials  are enough to turn me off from ever trying them again.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I think the last time I bought anything from BK I was in high school, so 50 years, and what I got was called the All American Burger which was just meat and a bun. Their commercials  are enough to turn me off from ever trying them again.
Yeah, @sneakypete isn't the only one who finds their 'monarch' creepy. Me too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

rebewranger

UNCATEGORIZEDWHOOPS! Company Loses 40,000 Customers After its CEO Talks S*** About All Republicans
BySteven Ahle
onMarch 25, 2022SHARETWEETSHARESHARE25 COMMENTS

ICYMI| A Wisconsin spice company is begging people to buy their gift cards after the CEO went on a rant calling Republicans racist. If you are an elite spice company it doesn’t pay to anger conservatives because we have jobs. But, for some strange reason, they prefer to side with the antifa crowd that can riot all day long because they get welfare and food stamps.

Penzeys Spices CEO Bill Penzey sent an email to his paying customers, telling them that Republicans are all racists that didn’t sit too well with their established customers. 40,000 of their subscription customers have dropped their service and are now spending their money elsewhere.

Penzey wrote in the email:

“Remember how Republicans, going against a mountain of evidence to the contrary, once again lied and said BLM wasn’t a peaceful movement, but instead terrorists inciting violence throughout the country and then raced out to buy a crapload of guns because maybe they were finally going to get their chance to shoot a Black person? What a bunch of racists.”

https://thebeltwayreport.com/2022/03/company-loses-40000-customers-after-its-ceo-called-all-republicans-racist/

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

They have bigger problems than that.  Seems the culture is bad and management is no good.

Going down the toilet bowl

Penzeys Spices Management reviews
https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Penzeys-Spices/reviews?ftopic=mgmt
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Mod2

Online Kamaji

They have bigger problems than that.  Seems the culture is bad and management is no good.

Going down the toilet bowl

Penzeys Spices Management reviews
https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Penzeys-Spices/reviews?ftopic=mgmt

Good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

He wouldn't be indulging too much with Peruvian nose spices?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@rangerrebew

Penzeys Spices CEO Bill Penzey ......

Who obviously inherited the business.....
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!