Author Topic: Liberals livid after deal to end shutdown  (Read 2738 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Re: Liberals livid after deal to end shutdown
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2018, 11:33:22 am »
But Leopold does.

! No longer available

@INVAR

Noe THAT'S Funny. Forgot all about that one.

Since Leopold Stokowski the Conductor was known for his rather adventurous interpretations of well established Classics.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 11:37:21 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2018, 01:38:42 pm »
Next time, Trump needs to add another provision that says time off for govt employees will NOT be paid during any government shutdown.

Even union people understand time not worked is time unpaid.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2018, 01:41:48 pm »
Schumer really stepped in a pile of dog poop with this stunt. The only gain for him was that he ruined Trumps anniversary. However the downside is that he has labeled the Democrat Party as the Party of illegals over the American people.

I can't predict how this will play out in the coming election, but there is no way it can be good. The Dems already had the Latino vote in the bag already, so there no gain there. But I wonder how this will affect the Black vote. Blacks and Hispanics compete for the same jobs and benefits. So the Dems coming out as being fully and entirely on the side of the illegals cannot make the Black community happy.

This was a huge miscalculation by Schumer. He is used to dealing with the GOPe losers who always cave no matter what. Schumer and the Democrats have never dealt with anyone like Trump. There is bound to be a learning curve and this was lesson one.
Trump Immigration Policy Scores Among Hispanics, Blacks

http://www.breitbart.com/immigration/2018/01/22/trump-immigration-policy-scores-among-hispanics-blacks/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2018, 01:49:13 pm »
I still say "It's a Trap!"

Well it IS going to end up with a deal to protect the Dreamers, and probably not on terms you'll favor.   Yes, there's a natural deal here - to normalize 700,000 Dreamers in exchange for more funding for border security and changes to family-based immigration.    But the hardliners on both sides won't stand for it, and the moderates who will drive the terms of a deal will be willing to extend normalization to a far larger group in exchange for those things.       

That's why I continue to say the best approach is for Trump to take advantage of Judge Alsop's order, continue to process the 700,000 who came forward, and make clear the DACA is otherwise shut down and will be resurrected  only over his veto.   
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 01:50:02 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2018, 02:01:27 pm »
The "spin" this morning:

McConnell is on the hot seat. He promised that he would cave to every demand of the Democrats on immigration. If the Democrats don't get everything they want, then McConnell is at fault and can't be trusted. If the Democrats are guilty of anything, it is that they trust the Republicans too much.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline bilo

« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2018, 02:59:33 pm »
I just thought it was the rat plan to keep Blacks jobless by bringing in Illegal immigrants.  Blacks continue to collect welfare and vote to keep it.  Both depend on the rats.

The open border floodgates were triggered by the Rats after the civil rights issues were addressed in the 60's. The Rats knew they had lost the majority in the south and needed to replace those votes. The evil that follows is their solutions to problems always leads to a bigger, more powerful, centralized govt that makes people dependent on the govt.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2018, 03:02:50 pm »
Next time, Trump needs to add another provision that says time off for govt employees will NOT be paid during any government shutdown.

Even union people understand time not worked is time unpaid.
:amen:
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024