Author Topic: White House: We Will Not Sign the Durbin-Graham DACA Proposal  (Read 434 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
White House: We Will Not Sign the Durbin-Graham DACA Proposal
« on: January 23, 2018, 02:58:12 am »
White House: We Will Not Sign the Durbin-Graham DACA Proposal

Posted at 3:56 pm on January 22, 2018 by streiff

The core issue that brought about this silly 72-hour shutdown is what to do about DREAMers. That issue is still alive and kicking and will take center stage as the next continuing resolution deadline, February 8, comes thundering upon us.

While Mitch McConnell has pledged a debate and vote on the issue, the important thing to keep in mind that the only deal on the table right now is the Durbin-Graham proposal dreamed up by the so-called Gang of Six. As I posted a short time ago, this deal is horrendous. Of the four points laid out by the White House as being the requirement for any deal–protect the DREAMers, build a border wall, fix chain migration, stop the visa lottery system–Durbin-Graham does only one. It gives lip service to border security, it gives protection to the parents of DREAMers–this will inevitably result in those people being made resident aliens–and it does zero on chain migration or the visa lottery system.

https://www.redstate.com/streiff/2018/01/22/white-house-will-not-sign-durbin-graham-daca-proposal/
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Re: White House: We Will Not Sign the Durbin-Graham DACA Proposal
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 03:34:15 am »
Well, if THAT's the way the White House is going to be about it, . . . .

Fine.

"Bleep the torpedoes, full speed ahead Don!
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline endicom

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 03:59:29 am »

Looks like Durbin-Graham will be a clean bill so the issue will be clear.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 05:11:08 am »
Well, if THAT's the way the White House is going to be about it, . . . .

Fine.

"Bleep the torpedoes, full speed ahead Don!

I like this response by Tom Cotton which was in the link:

Tom Cotton
 âœ”  @TomCottonAR 

Did you know Flake-Graham-Durbin grants AMNESTY to parents of DACA population? The whole rationale of DACA is kids ought not be responsible for the crimes of the parents. But can't parents be responsible for the crimes of the parents?!

12:03 PM - Jan 21, 2018

3,022 3,022 Replies 

13,279 13,279 Retweets 

25,915 25,915 likes 

« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 05:14:20 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.